Western Areas WKN 854 633 ISIN ZAE000016549 WAR Oder Kebble´s Trojanisches Pferd

• @Eldo,

hättest das "einen Kebble" unter das Zitat setzen solen.

Ist anscheinend grade geschehen, merci vielmals

Statt "einen kebble" kann man schreiben:

"einen neu abgeteuften Schacht"

hat viel Geld gekostet, war aber richtig.

Auch da nachgebessert. wird ja immer besser.

allerdings sind es jetzt 2 statt vorher 1.

Nachher meint eine bratmaus, daß gogh von

kebble ins Schwarzbuch aufgenommen würde.

gruss

gogh

• gogh

Trotzdem lasse ich die finger davon. Ich wuensche dir jedenfalls viel glueck und profit mit WAR.

Ich bin halt ein Explorer und Silberfan, du magst tiefgruben in RSA.
    Egal welchen Schaft sie auch haben, auch in solchen schaechten kann viel boeses passieren wie das Erdbeben bei DRD gezeigt hat.
    Haue bloss nicht zu viel auf diese Kebble Grube !

Gruss

Eldo

• gogh

Vorsicht bei Afri Cola, da kann cocaine drin sein und eine tief (minen)- (rausch) bzw. Sucht erzeugen bei der man in die grube fallen kann, wenn man zu viel nimmt.!!

Dann besser ein Aussie Cola ! :D

Die Kaegurus sind weniger gefaehrlich als ein Hippo (kebble), es ist
    das gefaehrlichste Tier in Afrika ! X(

mfg

Eldo

• Daß ich nicht eher drauf gekommen bin,

-einfach googeln-. Ich brauch nicht dumm zu sterben:

Pina Colada
    ==========

Der weiße , cremige Karibik - Cocktail :
    ==============================

In 5 Minuten selbst hergestellt .
    ========================

Zutaten:

6 cl Brauner Rum
    8 cl Ananassaft
    2 Barlöffel feste oder
    5 cl flüssige Cream of Coconut
    1 Scheibe Ananas , in Stücke geschnitten

Zubereitung:

Die Zutaten im Elektromixer gut durchmixen und in ein mit gestoßenem Eis gefülltes Longdrinkglas gießen.
    Mit Ananasstück, Cocktailkirsche und Minzezweig garnieren.

Hippos sitzen die meiste Zeit im Wasser.

Und nur wenige tragen miniolie. Oder war GO dem Kebble sein miniolie

aufgefallenr?

GO hatte heut´morgen eine Erleuchtung.

Wenigstens einer, dem das passiert.

Sein Posting hat er deswegen gelöscht.

Hat aber angekündigt, daß das Posting demnächst

als paperback erscheint.

gruss

gogh

• gogh

Ich trinke pinacolada, ein super drink wenn die sonne scheint oder untergeht. Danke fuer den auszug aus deinem cocktail buch.

Und nun zu Hippos :D

Das Hippo (Kebble) ist das gefaehrlichste Tier in Afrika und bringt die meisten Menschen um, bzw. verletzt sie schwer. Warum ?

Wenn es wasser ist dann ist es friedlich denn es fuehlt sich sicher wie gogh mit tiefminen ala Western Areas.Es hat keine feinde im wasser.

Nachts muss es raus zum grasen und wandert viele km.(oder rennt rum und versucht mehr tiefminen sich einzuverleiben wie kebble) :D
    Auf dem weg zum wasser(office) passiert es meistens,wenn ein hippo den weg versperrt sieht dann greift es unweigerlich an und laeuft schneller als jeder neger oder (anleger von tiefminen). Also nie zwischen einen Hippo und Wasser, bzw. Kebble stehen, sonst geht das schief. X(

Ostergruesse vom Hippoland

XEX

• Ein paar Tage alt, jetzt erst aufgescnappt

aus BUSINESS DAY

paßt zu Kebble-Interview vom 24.03.05,
    unter diesem Datum im Dirban-Drooy-Thread)

gogh

NUM attack on DRDGold licence is theatre of the absurd
    ============================================
    March 22, 2005
    ============

It's difficult to see what exactly is behind the demand by the National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) that marginal gold mining company DRDGold's mining licence be rescinded.

Taken at face value, the demand appears absurd since the constitution protects property rights.

In the Sowetan earlier last week and in the latest Financial Mail, the NUM has run an advert headed in bold letters "Discontinue DRDGold's Mining Licence". It lists nine items, which are a combination of opinion and fact.

Some of the facts are that DRDGold does pay below minimum wage at East Rand Proprietary Mines (with the co-operation of the unions); mining is ugly and, if unchecked, environmentally unfriendly; and DRDGold has shed thousands of jobs and it uses contractors.

Ilja Graulich, DRDGold's investor relations executive, disputed the NUM's claim that DRDGold has "a terrible safety record". He said for the past seven years DRDGold had won the West Rand mining award for the best safety record.

DRDGold still had about five years to apply for the conversion of its mining licence.

"We are in no rush, this is a marathon, not a sprint, we have the paperwork and a programme," he said.

The only way DRDGold could lose its licence between now (should the minister use her discretion not to convert the company's licence) and then would be through a poor safety record.

Business Report's attempts to get comment from the department of minerals and energy were unsuccessful.

However, mining news website MiningMX last week quoted Sandile Nogxina, the department's director-general, as saying it was unlikely the company would lose its mining licence.

"To withdraw the licence of an operating company would mean it had broken the conditions of its licence relating to safety and environmental codes. This cannot be taken lightly," Nogxina said.

Bearing in mind that the NUM will start wage negotiations with DRDGold in the next month or two and that it will need to work closely with the company during this time to try and salvage as many as possible of the 5 600 jobs on the line at its loss making North West Operations, the advert moves from being absurd to stupid. NS

• aus MINEWEB vom 23.03.05

Brett Kebble, chief executive JCI
    Alec Hogg
    '23-MAR-05 09:15'

MINEWEB: Time to speak to Brett Kebble now, on the other big story of the day – the provisional liquidation of Durban Deep’s North West mine. I’m sure Brett’s got a lot to say about it, but before we quiz him, Gareth Tredway, give us some background.

GARETH TREDWAY: We had a busy day today in the mining. DRD Gold today said it would be liquidating its North West operation – the division made up of the Harties and Buffels mines contributes about a third to group production. But in the last half year it made a loss of about R7,000 per kilogram on this gold.

MINEWEB: That works out to nearly R300m?

GARETH TREDWAY: Yes, they said they’re losing about R20m a month at the moment. Earthquakes and underground tremors have added to the problems. One shaft was actually totally destroyed by the seismic events a few weeks ago, plus unfortunately there were some mine deaths there as well. It seems that again the 6,500 employees will be the biggest losers. While they will receive this month’s salary, the accrued benefits will fall under the liquidator’s discretion.

MINEWEB: Why have they done it now, Gareth, why not six months ago, nine months ago, 12 months ago? Unfortunately DRD were not prepared to come on the programme this evening, so we can’t ask them that question directly – but from the interactions that you have with these people?

GARETH TREDWAY: Well, again, to close a mine and then reopen it is quite expensive. So I think they were just waiting maybe for a better rand and so on, the currency to turn. And everybody said it would and it never did. So this is the first casualty and there could be some more – Harmony are also struggling at the moment with some of their marginal mines.

MINEWEB: A warm welcome to BRETT KEBBLE:. Brett, I remember back, pshew, it must be nearly 15 years ago, that Buffels had a similar problem. They had a thing called the Lucas Block. They opened it. There was supposed to be gold there. There wasn’t gold there, and it cost Gencor an enormous amount of money at the time. Is this a continuation, or might there still be hope for Buffels at some point?

BRETT KEBBLE: Well, Lucas Block – of course that was the Three Shaft, I think Buffels Three Shaft if I remember correctly, Alec – the Three Shaft was a very deep shaft, which was sunk in very seismic conditions. And there was gold, but it was very faulted, good grades, but very faulted. And when Durban Deep, or Randgold at that stage, in fact, bought Buffels from Gencor, it was decided that we would create these divisions within the group, and Buffels went into DRD. It was considered to be a difficult mine, but nevertheless one that survived on good grade, and having some areas to work in. This whole thing today has got nothing to do with anything other than trying to work with labour, to see what potential you can unlock in a relationship with them, because the ore bodies are the ore bodies. Every year you mine the ore out of the ground, and after that it’s gone. It’s a wasting asset. So if you can’t work out a deal with your people to everyone’s satisfaction, then the thing will fold. Now we don’t know how much ground is left at Buffels, we don’t know how much ground is left at Harties. But at least the one thing that is possible is to go and have a look and see then whether you can re-impose the type of relationship that you had with labour roughly 11 years ago, when the same marginal mines that we are talking about today first started to close. And of course then everyone said two or three years. We’re 11 years later, and we’re still looking at the same problem, and I think it’s worth another crack.

MINEWEB: Doesn’t that suggest one of two things – suggest that the mine is 11 years older and they’ve taken a lot more gold out, or, secondly, if you don’t know what is in there, that maybe the reporting that has come through from DRD has really not been up to scratch?

BRETT KEBBLE: Look, I think it’s very difficult as time goes by. This mining seems very easy when you’ve got a weak rand environment, because your revenues are high and you can just give labour an annual increase. Of course, it seems a very easy business to be in. Of course, when the revenues decrease, either because you’ve got a fall in dollar gold price, or a rand which is a lot stronger, then you have to find different ways to unlock the value. And I think that reporting when morale is low, when morale is down, becomes a problem. And the natural instinct for anyone in that situation is to go for higher grade blocks, do things, cut corners, create an unsafe working environment. This happens all over the place, and I don’t think that it’s something which is unique to Durban Deep.

MINEWEB: All right. You are keen on the asset, or at least to have a look at it. If you find that there is enough gold in there to make a go of it, how would you address it – differently to the way that it’s been addressed at the moment?

BRETT KEBBLE: I think the first thing is that the whole thing needs to be looked at as a whole. And, in this sense, and when I say “a whole”, I don’t mean a hole in the ground. Firstly, I’m not the right person to speak about the technical side of this, because if there were any proposal to be made, it would be made by the company which Roger is now driving as a mining company, Simmer & Jack Mines. What would happen is that they would have to try and assemble the best team possible in the industry to drive a turnaround on those assets, and that would include all of the South African assets. I don’t think it helps to go and try and bid for assets which are essentially in liquidation, and where the relationship with labour has fallen apart completely, only to be followed two months later by another set of assets which then have to go into liquidation as well.

MINEWEB: With respect, the Durban Deep guys appear to have put these bad assets into liquidation and held on to the ones where they are making money. How are you going to twist their arms into putting goods ones in along with the bad?

BRETT KEBBLE: I think the good assets become bad very quickly, because it’s all a question of morale. And when people see that labour gets handled in a certain way on one suite of assets, they become nervous about how they may be handled in a set of assets which today might be classed a profitable, but which tomorrow will become immensely unprofitable. So it’s got to be an overall thing. This is a social issue. When you get involved in mining, in this type of mining, you need two things. You need to have a social commitment, number one. Number two, you need to be able to have people who can implement short-interval control-management systems, which will ensure that you get the assets working as efficiently as possible.

MINEWEB: Your father, Roger, is getting on. He’s in his sixties now. Does he have the energy still to make a go of what looks like a really tough job? I mean, 10, 11 years ago, you could understand.

BRETT KEBBLE: Roger is stronger than a curried buffalo. He’s strong. He’s still got it in him. And you know I think the thing with him is that his commitment to it then is matched by his commitment to it now. He gets involved, he’s prepared to go down to the mines, he’s prepared to talk to the people, motivate them. That is the man’s strength. He will get up in the morning, and the first call he will make is to the plant manager to find out how things are going, then he will speak to the section manager. He likes that kind of operation. And you’ve got to hand it to him – the thing that turned those mines around 11 years ago. Without him, there wouldn’t be operators in the industry today, like Swanepoel, for instance, who was brought in from Gencor to run Harmony. They are all motivated by him.

MINEWEB: Has he been a disappointment, Bernard Swanepoel, to Roger?

BRETT KEBBLE: I think people’s characters are separate from their operating capabilities. I think Roger always knew that Bernard was the sort of guy who had good operating characteristics. We don’t always know the nature of the beast – from another perspective. But certainly a very successful operator in implementing the sorts of changes that were necessary in the mining industry at the time.

MINEWEB: Brett, what’s your next move, and when can we expect it?

BRETT KEBBLE: The next move will not be made by us. What I’m doing is I’m withholding any of the legal actions that we have against Durban Deep to encourage a spirit of reconciliation, so that everyone can sit around the table and try and find a way through this, so that we can stop references to labour having to negotiate with liquidators, and rather have a situation where we can get Durban Deep to confront the situation that is at hand. And the next move will come from Simmer & Jack, and maybe others in the industry. Who knows? There maybe other people who are willing to help to put together a team that can move in, and at least make the best of an extremely bad situation.

MINEWEB: I see, according to the Sunday Times, that Mark Wellesley-Wood was a prop in his time. I guess your brother Guy was a well-known prop. Are the two of them going to scrum down, and maybe find the right solution here?

BRETT KEBBLE: Well, let me tell you, when I was 16 and my brother was 14, I gave up trying to scrum against him – and I don’t think I feel quite the same thing about Mark. Look, I think the time for the mud-slinging is over. When you consider the fact that there are 15,000 people whose jobs are at stake, and you’ve got communities being where they are, what I would rather do right now is embrace the problem and put the personal things aside.

MINEWEB: Brett Kebble, chief executive of JCI. Maybe the hatchet has been buried, and not in Mark Wellesley-Wood’s head.

• Brett Kebble, nicknamed BabyDoc, vor dem Einstieg in/on his Trojan Horse, links daneben ungesattelt

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.artthrob.co.za/03oct/images/diary06a.jpg]

was danach geschah

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.ladonia.net/photo/the-democratic-horse-statue.jpg]

Ob die Ernsthaftigkeit des Threads eventuell leidet?

Darüber werden allein die Börsenkuse entscheiden....

gogh

• gogh

Ich habe mal erst vor kurzen gelesen das placer wieder grossen zoff mit hippo kebble hat. Es geht natuerlich ums geld und placer will nicht mehr in die tiefggrube schmeissen als sie es gemacht haben.
    Sie haben zu teuer gekauft und das bedauern sie nun.
    Von negern und kebbles hatten sie keine ahnung haben sie nun den aerger.Sie kauften als der rand unten war und dachten sie haben ein schnaeppchen.Aber sie stecken nichts mehr rein,weil sie sonst aerger haben mit ihren shareholder.
    Wahrscheinlich ist kebble deshalb zur bank gelaufen und hat gehedged damit er sie erstmals ruhig stellt.
    Schaetze ich mal ! :rolleyes:

Ciao, Gogh

Eldo

• @Eldo,

Kebble ist gegenüber Placer Dome in einer Postition, daß

er deren Frühstücksdirektor bei WAR kürzlich vor die Tür

gesetzt hat.

Kann sein, daß Kebble Placer über den Tisch gezogen hat

als er denen 50% von South Deep verkaufte.

Der braucht aber nicht einen Hippo-Zahn nachzuschiessen.

Placer Dome ist zum operativen Geschäft bei WAR nicht befugt.

Das macht Hippo ganz alleine.

Juristisch und finanziell ist Placer zugegebenermaßen mächtig.

Aber was nutzt das bei Tiefminen 2 km untertage?

SIEGEL wiederholt heute in seinem täglichen Brief,

daß WAR 11 Jahresproduktionen zu ca. 340 USD gehedgt hat.

Dabei geht er ansich vernünftig vor, weil er alle Unklarheiten

und Zweideutigkeiten im hedge-book zum Nachteil von WAR

auslegt. Wirklich nobel!

Aber wahr???

Quelle Siegel-Investments vom 29.03.05
    ================================

http://WWW.goldhotline.de

29.03.05 Western Areas

(SA, Kurs 3,42 Euro, MKP 668 Mio A$) meldet für das Dezemberquartal einen Anstieg der Goldproduktion um 4,4 % auf 60.795 oz, was einer Jahresrate von etwa 240.000 oz entspricht. Bis zum Geschäftsjahr 2007 soll die Produktion auf eine Jahresrate von 400.000 oz erhöht werden. Bei Nettoproduktionskosten von 375 $/oz und einem Verkaufspreis von 336 $/oz mußte bereits auf der Produktionsebene ein Verlust von 39 $/oz hingenommen werden. Der niedrige Verkaufspreis ist auf die Lieferung in Vorwärtsverkäufe zurückzuführen. Der operative Verlust lag bei 14,3 Mio A$ oder 186 $/oz. Auf der Basis einer jährlichen Produktion von 400.000 oz erreicht die Lebensdauer der Reserven 69,5 Jahre und die Lebensdauer der Ressourcen 93,6 Jahre, woraus sich ein gewaltiges Wachstumspotential ergibt. Western Areas macht keine aktuellen Angaben über die Höhe der Vorwärtsverkäufe, die zuletzt noch mit 4,4 Mio oz beziffert wurden, was auf der Basis einer jährlichen Produktion von 400.000 oz einen Produktionszeitraum von 11,0 Jahren abdeckt. Die unrealisierten Verluste aus den Vorwärtsverkäufen dürften auf der Basis des aktuellen Verkaufspreises von 336 $/oz bei etwa 600 Mio A$ liegen. Am 31.12.04 (30.06.04) standen einem Cashbestand von 2,9 Mio A$ (4,8 Mio A$) Kreditverpflichtungen über insgesamt 683,6 Mio A$ (675,4 Mio A$) gegenüber. Beurteilung: Western Areas bleibt durch die umfangreichen Verpflichtungen aus Vorwärtsverkäufen auch bei einer deutlichen Erhöhung der Goldproduktion extrem belastet, so daß wir derzeit kein besonderes Aktienkurspotential erkennen können. Problematisch bleiben die hohen Verluste, die permanent durch neue Kapitalerhöhungen aufgefangen werden müssen. Die vorgesehene Produktionsausweitung auf jährlich 400.000 oz bis 2007 erscheint unrealistisch. Bein einer Lösung der Problematik der Vorwärtsverkäufe ergeben sich durch die umfangreichen Reserven und Ressourcen interessante Wachstumsmöglichkeiten. Wir stufen Western Areas wegen der schwer kalkulierbaren Risiken aus den Vorwärtsverkäufen als Verkaufsempfehlung ein. Empfehlung: Verkaufen, aktueller Kurs 3,42 Euro. Western Areas auch wird in Berlin-Bremen und Stuttgart gehandelt (vgl. Verkaufsempfehlung vom 25.08.04 bei 3,60 Euro).

aus SIEGEL-INVESTMENTS

goldhotline.de

Schriftgröße:  A A A A A