Golden Star Resources Ltd. / GSS, GSC (NYSE, TOR))

• Last Update: 9:24 AM ET Sep 25, 2006

DENVER, Sep 25, 2006 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Golden Star Resources Ltd. (GSS) today announced the appointment of Colin Belshaw as Vice President Operations and Daniel Owiredu as Vice President Ghana.
    Colin Belshaw is a British mining engineer with approximately 30 years' experience in the mining sector in Africa, the Americas and Europe and a background in gold and copper mining in both open pit and underground mining situations. Most recently Colin was employed by Kinross Gold Corporation as Director General Far East Operations and then Group Consulting Mining Engineer in Reno, Nevada.
    Daniel Owiredu is a Ghanaian engineer with more than 20 years' experience in the mining sector in Ghana and West Africa. Most recently, Daniel was Deputy Chief Operating Officer for AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. following the amalgamation of AngloGold Ltd. and Ashanti Goldfields Co. Ltd. His prior experience includes successfully managing the construction and operation of the Bibiani mine for Ashanti. He also managed the Siguiri mine in Guinea and the Obuasi mine in Ghana for Ashanti.
    Initially, both Colin and Daniel will be based in Ghana at the heart of the Company's business activities. In mid-2007, it is expected that Colin Belshaw will relocate to our Denver headquarters to become Chief Operating Officer while Daniel Owiredu will remain in Ghana and become Vice President Operations, Ghana.
    Peter Bradford, President & CEO, said, "These two appointments further strengthen and broaden our senior management team. Both Colin and Daniel deliver strong technical and operational qualifications to Golden Star as well as significant underground mining experience, which become more important in the future as we progress the Prestea Underground mine. In addition, Daniel delivers an excellent understanding of doing business in Ghana which we expect will further strengthen our stakeholder relationships in Ghana."
    "Golden Star has grown significantly in the last few years and expects to produce 500,000 ounces in 2007,"continued Mr. Bradford. "Therefore, we have proactively strengthened and expanded our management team. Additionally, we have recently appointed Dr. Mark Thorpe as Vice President Sustainability, to direct the Company's health, safety, environmental and community affairs activities, and Peter Bourke as Vice President Technical Services, to oversee the preparation of our reserves and mining and processing plans. In October, David Partridge joins the Company as General Manager of the Bogoso/Prestea mine, a role which Colin Belshaw has filled since his appointment as Vice President Operations earlier this year. Bruce Higson-Smith, who was acting General Manager at Bogoso/Prestea from late 2005 until Colin Belshaw's appointment, has now resumed his normal role of Vice President Corporate Development on a full time basis."

Company Profile
    Golden Star holds a 90% equity interest in the Bogoso/Prestea and Wassa open-pit gold mines in Ghana. In addition, Golden Star has an 81% interest in the currently inactive Prestea Underground mine in Ghana, as well as gold exploration interests elsewhere in Ghana, in other parts of West Africa and in the Guiana Shield of South America.

SOURCE: Golden Star Resources Ltd.

• Doch, glaube schon, dass da wieder was geht - nach langem Warten.

die letzten Q-Zahlen gaben bereits etwas Grund zur Hoffnung :)
    und kürzliche Meldungen wie Untenstehendes ebenfalls. Ich denke, die Krise ist überwunden. Man könnte sogar kaufen - das kommt allerdings auch auf die Goldpreisentwicklung an, drum ist das eine etwas andere Frage. Allerdings, vom Unternehmen her würde ich meinen, es kann nun wieder was gehen...

[http://www.finanznachrichten.d…t/mystocks.asp?aktie21182

• The 10 worst stocks of the past 10 years were also small. And if you keep looking down the list, that's a trait that keeps showing up. NMS Communications (Nasdaq: NMSS), Golden Star Resources (AMEX: GSS), Meridian Resources (NYSE: TMR), and GrafTech International (NYSE: GTI) are all among the top 50 losers of the past 10 years, and all were capitalized at less than $2 billion back then. In fact, there were only two large caps among the top 50 losers: 3Com and Tenneco (NYSE: TEN), and just two mid caps: Gateway (NYSE: GTW) and Adaptec (Nasdaq: ADPT).

But this also makes sense: Small companies offer the greatest risk and greatest reward in the market.

• DENVER, Jan 09, 2007 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Golden Star Resources Ltd. (CA:GSC) (GSS) will release its 2006 year-end results after the market close on Tuesday, March 13, 2007, and has scheduled a conference call and webcast on Wednesday, March 14, at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time (9:00 a.m. Mountain Time). The conference call will allow investors and analysts the opportunity to speak with the Company's management. Please call in at least five minutes prior to the conference call start time to ensure prompt access to the conference. You can access the call by telephone or by webcast:

North American participants - 800-901-5241; passcode: 35973658
    International participants outside U.S. and Canada - 617-786-2963;
    passcode: 35973658
    Webcast: http://www.gsr.com

A recording of the teleconference will be available for up to 30 days through the Company's website at http://www.gsr.com and it also will be available for 30 days by dialing:

North America - 888-286-8010; passcode: 59919633
    International outside U.S. and Canada - 617-801-6888; passcode:

2007 RELEASE DATES
    The Company expects to release information in 2007 on the following dates, after market close, with a teleconference and webcast the following day at 11:00 a.m. EST:

First Quarter Report for 2007 May 8, 2007
    Second Quarter Report for 2007 August 7, 2007
    Third Quarter Report for 2007 November 6, 2007

Golden Star holds a 90% equity interest in the Bogoso/Prestea and Wassa open-pit gold mines in Ghana. In addition, the Company has an 81% interest in the currently inactive Prestea Underground mine in Ghana, as well as gold exploration interests elsewhere in West Africa and in the Guiana Shield of South America. Golden Star has approximately 206 million common shares outstanding.
    SOURCE: Golden Star Resources Ltd.

• DENVER, Jan 10, 2007 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Golden Star Resources Ltd. (GSS) (CA:GSC) today updated progress on its Bogoso Sulfide Expansion Project at the Bogoso/Prestea property in Ghana.
    The current status of the construction and commissioning activity is as follows:
    -- The 2,200 tonnes per hour gyratory crusher was commissioned in October and is fully operational, crushing low grade carbonate ore for non-refractory circuit feed;
    -- The new ball mill was commissioned in October and the semi-autogenous grinding mill was commissioned in December. Both mills are operating and providing non-refractory slurry feed for the carbon-in-leach ("CIL") circuit;
    -- The existing CIL plant continues to process non-refractory ore. The new CIL circuit is operational and processing non-refractory ore, thereby increasing our throughput capacity;
    -- The BIOX(R) Module 1, Reactor Tanks 1 and 2 are operational, utilizing previously stockpiled refractory concentrate. Reactor Tanks 3 and 4 are being commissioned with the build up of inoculate;
    -- The BIOX(R) Module 1, Reactor Tanks 5, 6 and 7 (smaller, secondary tanks) are expected to be commissioned in February 2007;
    -- BIOX(R) Module 1 coolers and blowers were commissioned in December and are operational;
    -- BIOX(R) Module 1 neutralization tanks and counter-current decantation thickeners are expected to be commissioned at the end of January 2007 in time for refractory ore feed in February 2007;
    -- The new flotation circuit (not required until refractory ore is milled) is 70% complete with completion expected in February 2007. An expansion to the flotation circuit which commenced in 2006, is expected to be commissioned in March 2007;
    -- The new elution plant (not required until all BIOX(R) tanks are commissioned) is progressing according to schedule;
    -- Paddock dam transfer pumping and piping system to feed stockpiled refractory concentrate to the BIOX(R) plant is operational;
    -- Stockpile buildup of refractory ore is advanced and approximately one million tonnes have been placed on the stockpile; and
    -- Work on other areas which are not required until all BIOX(R) tanks are full is well progressed.
    Once we begin to mill refractory sulfides (expected to begin in February 2007) we plan to cease processing oxide ore through the sulfide plant and to start processing refractory sulfide ore. This should allow the flotation circuit to be commissioned and flotation concentrate to be fed to the BIOX(R) tanks on a continuous basis. Oxide and non-refractory sulfide ores will continue to be processed through the existing Bogoso CIL plant as currently configured.
    Peter Bradford, President and CEO said: "We are generally pleased with the construction and commissioning of the Bogoso Sulfide Expansion Project. The BIOX(R) Module 1 is in partial operation, has been loaded with sulfide concentrate and the inoculation process continues. Of note, the bacteria have responded very well to the sulfide concentrate feed with good activity levels. Typical commissioning problems for plants of this size and complexity have arisen but we are encouraged by the speed and efficiency of our personnel, the consultants and contractors on site to resolve them. We now expect Module 1 of the BIOX(R) circuit to be fully commissioned in February, Module 2 to be commissioned in March and design operating throughput to be achieved soon thereafter and ramp up to design metallurgical recoveries over the following few months."
    Company Profile
    Golden Star holds a 90% equity interest in the Bogoso/Prestea and Wassa open-pit gold mines in Ghana. In addition, Golden Star has an 81% interest in the currently inactive Prestea Underground mine in Ghana, as well as gold exploration interests elsewhere in Ghana, in other parts of West Africa and in the Guiana Shield of South America. Golden Star has approximately 208 million shares outstanding.

• Commentary: As markets become more volatile, who will blink first?

"The moment you accepted money, you became professionals. It's just beginning."
    -- KGB agent, "The Falcon and the Snowman"

For my part and with my money, I approach the market through two distinct lenses. I've got the trading bucket of my book, where I attempt to capture trends, phases and nuances, and I've got a longer-term component, where I want to position to capture secular trends. I've effectively pared my short-term exposure but want to use downside disconnects, if and when they arrive, to add to core holdings such as Golden Star Resources Ltd. (GSS:Golden Star Resources, Ltd.) ,...

• Es scheint tatsächlich so, dass GSS seine seit 2 Jahren andauernde Letahrgie beendet und nach oben ausbricht. Schaun wir mal ob der Trend weiter anhält und ob sich das Warten und Halten gelohnt hat. :rolleyes:

• Das Problem ist einfach, dass Golden Star zwar nun die längst versprochene Produktion von gegen 500'000 Unzen zu bringen scheint, doch dass sich die Zahl der ausstehenden Aktien inzwischen verdoppelt hat. Viel Luft nach oben besteht deshalb kaum noch, auch wenn nun wirklich alles glatt laufen sollte.

• Vor allem ist zu wünschen, dass die nächsten Quartalszahlen gut kommen (sollten ja dann auch bald mal fällig sein). Die Jahreszahlen 2006 weckten Hoffnung auf die Zukunft. Müsste eigentlich was werden, gemäss Prognosen und den News, die nun öfters als auch schon auf's Mail flattern. Wenigstens ist der GSS-Kurs seit letztem Oktober um US$ 2.- gestiegen. Das wird viele freuen, die noch nicht so lange dabei sind. Einige, die ausgeharrt haben und das noch immer tun, wird es etwas besänftigen.

Gruss

• GSS hat seine Zahlen für das 2. Q. vorgelegt. Wie immer Verlust, habs nur überfolgen letztendlich glaub ich 0,1 Cent pro Aktie. Die schaffen es einfach nicht in die Gewinnzone zu kommen. Im Moment bin ich bei GSS mit 10% im Plus mit der Gesamtposition ich glaube ich werde rausgehen und in etwas investieren wo ich weis was ich habe.
    Ich hab mir nun diese ewige Herbeisingerei des Management von den guten Zeiten die kommen werden lange genug angehört. Sie kriegen einfach die Kosten nicht in den Griff.

Gruss

• @Eldo

Nachdem die GSS heute um 8% nach oben gehen kriegen sie nochmal Schonfrist. Von diesem Wert werde ich mich aber auf jeden Fall beim nächsten Hoch trennen.
    Geht der HUI, geht auch GSS....

Gruss

Schriftgröße:  A A A A A