Rob Mc Ewen und die Trends 2006

• Mir war es ein rätsel, warum Mc Ewen sich bei Minera andes beteiligte.
    Inzwischen kapier ich es besser.

David Bond hat dazu geschrieben:

What does Rob McEwen know about juniors the markets don’t?
    © 2005 Silver Valley Mining Journal

Wallace, Idaho – What does Goldcorp legend Rob McEwen know about junior mining stocks that the markets haven’t figured out? Because while the markets were busy eschewing junior exploration companies during the recent rally, McEwen was buying.

The most recent news broke Wednesday: McEwen picked up a two-stage private placement in Spokane, Washington-based Minera Andes (MNEAF.OB) worth C$10 million – or about one-third of Minera’s market cap before the obligatory trading halt on the news. We’ll spare you the technical details of the deal; they can be found on Minera Andes’ website. We were more interested in the whys.

“I’m bullish on the price of gold,” (and presumably silver), McEwen said. “Goldcorp started as a junior and I’ve always been a big believer in exploration.” Indeed. McEwen took Goldcorp from a penny-stock junior to a billion-dollar company, via means that defied the conventional mining industry “wisdom.” His most outrageous stroke came in 2000. Goldcorp’s Red Lake gold mine in Ontario was not performing to his expectations. To the horror of Goldcorp’s own investors and geologists, McEwen posted all of Red Lake’s geologic data, including all of Red Lake’s dirty laundry, on the internet, and issued a half-million dollar challenge: Be the guy who can tell me how this thing can make money, and the purse is yours.

A couple of Aussies from West Perth who’d never been to Red Lake, never been to Ontario, never been to Canada, never been to the Americas, downloaded and crunched Goldcorp’s heretofore proprietary numbers, built a model, and told McEwen where to drill. Bang! The first four holes the Aussies suggested hit the motherlode. Red Lake went from an annual gold production rate of 53k-oz at $360/oz cost to 504k-oz at $59/oz. Quite a nip. All on the internet, no holds barred. McEwen told several e-magazines at the time his ‘hang-it-all-out’ approach was inspired by Linus Torvalds’ open-source-code computer operating system, Linux. Unlike the anal-retentive Microsoft, Torvalds wrote a PC computer operating system that anybody could hack in to, and steal or improve as they saw fit. The result, after nearly a decade, is a feature-rich OS that is much cleaner, less buggy, less memory-intensive, and far more user-friendly than Windows. And it’s free. McEwen figured that model could be transported to the mining industry. He won.

You’d never know there was a billionaire on the other end of the phone line. Rob McEwen is about as polite and gentle and unassuming as a Nanaimo bartender. When, after several hostile proposals, Wheaton River merged with Goldcorp, with Goldcorp the surviving entity, McEwen handed over Goldcorp’s helm to Wheaton River’s Ian Tefler. Rob remains non-executive chairman of Goldcorp, but came to regard himself by February 2005 as basically “unemployed.” He walked away from hands-on management. There was a reason. After Goldcorp’s phenomenal performance earlier this decade, McEwen wanted more.

“Goldcorp was a great early run, but it was not making the growth curve I wanted. I tried all the variables, looked at everything. Then one day I walked down the hall by a mirror, took a good look, and I said, ‘Humph, there’s a variable I haven’t looked at.’”

You get the sense, early on in a chat with Rob McEwen, that this is a guy who gets bored easily. “I never intended to retire. “I wanted to stay engaged and juniors are what I like, because they grow into majors sometimes. I really think the seniors have disappointed investors. There was suggestion that as gold goes up profits would go up, but now the profit margins are smaller. In order for seniors to get their growth curves, they have to buy new discoveries. I wanted to invest in the people that are good in that. The market forgot about us from 2004 to today.”

Enter Minera Andes.

(Your correspondent must confess a certain favourable bias toward Minera, because their IR guy, Art Johnson, is a fellow Cowles Publishing Co. ex-pat. Art wrote about mining for the old Spokane Chronicle, till Cowles folded the Chron. I wrote about mining for the Spokane Spokesman-Review until the powers-that-be decided Coeur d’Alene real estate markets were more important, and rolled-up the Silver Valley bureau. Art and I both found our ways into IR work for miners, Art for Coeur, me for Sunshine, back in the late 1980s. If Art likes a mine, ipso facto so do I. So take my word for it that you can take Art’s word for any thing.)

Minera is partnered-up with the Peru-based Hochschilds in Argentina at the San Jose property. Nice crowd to run with. There are about 300 guys on the San Jose right now, prepping up a world-class silver and gold deposit whence mill construction begins next quarter. Engineering and banakable feasibility studies are in their final stages, all favorable.

At this point, Allen Ambrose, who is the CEO of Minera Andes, is about to burst, because he wants to talk about mining opportunities in politically-stable Argentina,

So let’s let Allen talk: “Every time we’ve drilled an anomaly we’ve hit veins. We have over 32 km of veins identified; it’s truly a district-scale property. If this was in the States or Canada you’d have three or four companies. In Argentina you have the ability to make these discoveries at the surface because nothing in that region has been explored. You’ve got a couple of producers down there in that part of the world, that’s all. Our target is 5.3 million oz of gold.”

Continues Mr. Ambrose: “What sets us apart is moving out of exploration and into production. We’re close to that stage. As Rob pointed out to me at our last meeting in Toronto, you look at a profile of company moving from exploration into production, they tend to get quiet, then move into production. There’s value in growth.”

After five Nevada gold company moves, why Argentina, why Minera Andes, we interrupt. Rob, why?

“I saw a company with a strong track record in a promising part of the world. This looks at lot like Nevada, and I’ve taken a recent interest in Nevada. It’s even better than Nevada because it’s 100 years behind Nevada. They have the ingredients to build a good-sized company.”

Minera has enough bank credit to get the San Jose on-line in 2007, now that McEwen has weighed in. Four mineralized systems over more than 30 kliks are known to exist at San Jose. Of this distance, only about 20 percent has been drill-tested for mineralization at depth. The current resource, says their company literature, based on US$300 gold and $5 silver, is 700,000 ounces of gold equivalent. Using a cutoff grade of 100 grams per ton the Huevos Verdes vein has an indicated resource of 1,058,000 tonnes with a silver grade of 266.8 g/t and gold grade of 3.1 g/t, for a total of 9,075,300 ounces of silver and 106,000 ounces of gold. The inferred resource is 1.541 million tonnes with a silver grade of 318.7 g/t and a gold grade of 3.5 g/t for a total of 15,789,700 ounces fo silver and 173,000 ounces of gold. (Equivalent figures are based on a 60:1 silver/gold ratio which does not take into consideration possible differences in metal recoveries).

Fifteen million ounces of silver, 173 thousand ounces of gold, for starters. Found by geophysics. Confirmed with diamond drills. Operated by the Hoschilds. That gets our attention.

McEwen is thinking ahead of the market. So is MinAndes. The best luck we ever had was the bad luck that hit the juniors last time around. Want to play? Now’s the time. Follow this guy.

• Die Homepage von Mc Ewen:

http://www.usgold.com/robmcewen/

Für die Volksschule: eine kurze präsentation zu: Why Gold?

http://www.usgold.com/robmcewen/why_gold/1.htm

Auch die BIO sagt ein bisserl was aus:
    Rob McEwen is Chairman and CEO of U.S. Gold Corporation and Lexam Explorations Inc. and was the founder and former Chairman and CEO of Goldcorp Inc., which owns the richest gold mine on the planet and is one of the world’s top 10 gold producers. Rob followed his father into the investment industry and also developed a passion for gold. In 1990 Rob jumped into the mining industry, where he transformed Goldcorp from a collection of small companies into a mining powerhouse. Since 1993, when Rob started restructuring Goldcorp, its market capitalization has grown from $60 million to over $8 billion and Goldcorp’s share price has increased at 32% compound annual growth rate.

In August 2000, Business Week named Goldcorp as 1 of the 50 most innovative companies on the web, worldwide! The following awards have further recognized his efforts:

Recent Awards and Recognition:

February 2005: "Honorary Doctor of Laws Degree", York University

February 2005: Significant Sig Award by the Sigma Chi Fraternity

May 2004: Canadian Museum Association for "Outstanding Achievement Award"
    Philanthropy Category

January 2003: The Northern Miner's "Mining Man of the Year" Award for 2002

September 2002: Ernst & Young's 2002 Ontario Entrepreneur of the Year Award
    in the Energy Category

August 2002: Canadian Business - Annual Board Survey
    16th Best Board of Directors in Canada

March 2002: Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (PDAC)

March 2002: Fast Company's "The Fast 50" - Champion of Innovation. - First Annual Global Readers' Challenge

February 2002: Investor Relations Magazine 2002 Awards - Best Senior Management Communications in Canada - nominated for three other awards.

2001 Viola R. MacMillan Award for Developer of the Year
    September 2000: Business Week's "Web Smart 50"
    One of the 50 most innovative companies on the web worldwide.

Rob holds an MBA from Schulich School of Business, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and a BA from the University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada.

Rob is a passionate innovator and marketer and an avid recreational competitor. He is also a member of WPO, the Canadian Council of Chief Executives and the Dean's Advisory Board, Schulich School of Business.

His community efforts are designed to encourage excellence and innovation in health care and education. Rob has donated in excess of $15 million over the past three years including: $10 million to establish the McEwen Centre for Regenerative Medicine at the Toronto General Hospital; $1.5 million to Schulich School of Business, Toronto; $1.0 million to the Red Lake Margaret Cochenour Memorial Hospital and $0.7 million to two museums and a church.

IM CORTEZ TREND Thread erfährt man viel über die Konsolidierung in Nevada.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Moin Tschonko

Gute Infos und Links.
    Erklärt wirklich Mc.Ewens Engagement in MAI.

Vielleicht lege ich die mir auch noch ins Nest,
    besser gesagt zu der Mc Ewen - Truppe.
    Denn das sieht alles recht gut aus.
    Steht ja eh schon lange in Lauerstellung.

Grüsse
    Edel Man

"Die Märkte haben nie unrecht, die Menschen oft." Jesse Livermore, 20.Jh.

"Die Demokratie ist das Paradies der Schreier und Schwätzer, Phraseure, Schmeichler und Schmarotzer, die jedem sachlichen Talent weit mehr den Weg verlegen, als dies in einer anderen Verfassungsform vorkommt." E.von Hartmann

Dieser Beitrag ist eine persönliche Meinung gem. Art.5 Abs.1 GG und Urteil des BVG 1 BvR 1384/16

• Am 3.12.05 hab ich im Astrothread Folgendes geschrieben:
    Ich nahm dabei auch Stellung zu von mir im Frühjahr getroffenen Aussagen:

"Aussage vom 2.4.05:
    "DOLLAR HOR:
    Mitte Okt. 2005 haben wir den JU auf dem JU-NE (28° Waa) als schnellen Überlauf.
    Da wird gar nichts passieren, aber der neue Plan der FED dürfte Gestalt annehmen.
    Also, im Oktober auf allfällige gut versteckte Nebenmeldungen hören und schauen, müsste was auftauchen."

In dem Zusammenhang (Dollar und JU/NE) hab ich auch am 21.2.05 von
    "Der Größenwahn" und "Der Clou" ( der kommt nämlich noch!)"
    gesprochen.

Am 14. 10. war dann FED Sitzung:
    Der Clou nimmt Gestalt an.
    Die nachfolgenden punkte gingen dann so lanfgsam in die Medien.
    Tröpferlweise.

1. Ben Bernanke wird FED Chef.
    Über ihn wurde viel Blödsinn verzapft.
    Er ist ein absoluter Topmann des Systems.
    Studiert eure Feinde, schimpft nicht über sie!
    Noch einer der gescheiteren Artikel über ihn ist von marc faber.
    http://www.welt.de/data/2005/10/29/795623.html

2. Maßnahmen gegen Hedge Funds.

3. M3 wird nicht mehr veröffentlicht.

4. Ich nehm es rein, weil es zeittechnisch so gut dazupasst.
    Das Übernahmeangebot von Barrick (der hedge Fed verschissenen barrick unter Kontrolle der Großbanken) an Placer.
    Zum Clou wird IMO auch das Goldgeschäft gehören.
    USA hat ja schon viel unternommen Goldmacht Nummer 1 zu sein u.a. die wirtschaftl. Unterwanderung der SA Minen.
    (Ein starkes Indiz dafür ist auch, was sich zur Zeit im Goldsektor in Nevada abspielt. Der Goldschatz des Imperiums wird aufbereitet für die Krise.)
    Der jetzt starke $ und spätestens ab 15.10.06 wieder schwächer werdende $ (dieses datum trifft auch für NYSE zu) gehört auch zu dem Szenario und passt der FED und ihren Hinterleuten bestens ins Programm.

Das sind die grobpfeiler, in denen sich das Szenario, das in den nächsten jahren gespielt wird, abspielen wird."

Zur Barrick-Placer Übernahme, die einen letzten Versuch des Systems darstellt, eine Bremse einzubauen für einen allzu schnellen anstieg des POG.

Diese Übernahme hat mir von Anfang nicht geschmeckt, weil da mehr dahinter ist als man auf den ersten Blick annimmt.

1. Zeitpunkt: Als es vom POG so richtig gefährlich wird für die Hedger, so ab 520 aufwärts, weil die müssen ja das gehedgte gold mal liefern, geschieht es. Durch die Zusammenführung werden sie so groß, dass man sie nicht mehr ohne weiteres opfern oder den Bach runterschwimmen lassen kann.
    Aber so ab 600 sind sie wieder dran.

2. Das darf also nicht passieren. Diese Allianz, neben den banken ist da auch die FED beteiligt, wird in nächster zeit alles tun, dass der POG, wenn überhaupt, nur kurzfristig dieses Ziel erreicht.

3. Übernahmen müssen kommen, damit die reserves aufgefüllt werden.
    Aber wer will schon von diesen Hedgern übernommen werden.
    Ich nicht, ihr vielleicht?

Also wird da Widerstand von den shareholdern der zu übernehmenden Firmen kommen, was zu einer Erhöhung der Angebote führt.
    Von den banken kommt das geld reichlich, man hat es ja zur verfügung.

4. das ergibt imo eine ziemlich Verwerfung im gesamten Markt.
    Den POG werden sie nicht mehr entscheidend drücken können, also maximal auf 440 und das glaub ich nicht einmal.
    Aber sie können bei den Minen ein ziemliches Durcheinander erzeugen.
    Eine Demarkationslinie in dieser Entwicklung sind für mich die Tage ab dem 15.10.2006.

5. Sollte ich zufällig in einer company investiert sein, die ein Angebot von den verbrunsten Hedgern kriegt, bin ich sofort draußen.

6. Zur zeit ist alles so schön und voll Sonne. Fast zu schön.
    Die Barrick-Placer Wolkenbande ist im Anmarsch am wolkenlosen Horizont.

Weiters:
    Placer und Barrick sitzen u.a. auch in Nevada.
    (Und der Mc Ewen hat sich da mitten reing´setzt.....hä,hä,hä. So was von genial.)
    Die werden die Reserven ausweiten, wo es nur geht unter dem Motto:
    wir können eh liefern aber nicht sofort.
    Weiters werden sie Produzenten übernehmen.
    Damit können sie immer einen Teil rückliefern.

Und wenn es gar nicht mehr geht, setzt die FED als Notenbank die Rücklieferung für eine Zeit aus. Das können die nämlich als Notenbank.
    Ich vermute, dass die FED auch JPM diesbezüglich beruhigt hat.

Und einen Teil werden sie einkaufen müssen, wenn der Goldpreis mal steil nach oben schießt. Weil dann werden die Banken auch nervös.

Also das sind schon seltene Arschwarzen!
    Aber welche mit ausgeklügeltem Plan.

Weiters muss man auch bedenken, dass die Energiekosten und die Konstruktionskosten gestiegen sind und noch weiter steigen werden.

Grüße
    Tschonko

PS.: So weit, so schlecht.
    Daraus ergeben sich für mich einige Trends für 2006.
    Die kommen gleich im nächsten Jahr. :D

• Offizieller Beitrag

Prof.Dr.J.Kern mit seiner komplizierten Methodik wird immer optimistischer! :]

SKI Gold Stock

Ein markanter Auszug:

... " Plus I am now making my incredibly difficult and precise gold market prediction for 2006 (said tongue-in-cheek, sarcastically, except for the obvious SKI prediction): BULLISH. On my early October camping trip, I bet my buddies that the gold stocks would double (from the then USERX 9.01) to the time that we camped in October 2006...". ?(

"Die Demokratie ist das Paradies der Schreier und Schwätzer, Phraseure, Schmeichler und Schmarotzer, die jedem sachlichen Talent weit mehr den Weg verlegen, als dies in einer anderen Verfassungsform vorkommt." E.von Hartmann

Dieser Beitrag ist eine persönliche Meinung gem. Art.5 Abs.1 GG und Urteil des BVG 1 BvR 1384/16

• Hallo Tschonko,

deine Analyse ist genial! Fazit: wir suchen Goldförderer aus dem Einflussbereich der FED, die ungehedged sind. Nenne doch mal einige. Mit diesen ließe sich doch ganz schön verdienen.

Gruß Heinz

• Offizieller Beitrag

Moin Tschonko

Guter 2.Teil von Hommelberg, den 1.kannten wir.

Wenn das so weitergeht,muß die Cortez-Bande den Rückgang von Südafrika usw ausgleichen. :]
    Sieht fast danach aus,davon ist ja frr fest überzeugt.

Btw: hast Du das aktualisierte "Discovery portfolio" von Hommelberg?
    Die nachzuvollziehen wäre schon interessant!
    Den Stand vom 4.12.haben wir ja.

Grüsse

• @edel,
    das veränderte sich in der Zusammensetzung nicht. Stand 30.12.
    Er hat aber auch ein Exploration portfolio neu.

http://www.golddrivers.com/

Die Moly Aktien werden erst ein trend für 2007, auch wegen der Reserven.
    Die Moly Aktie von Hommel hab ich noch immer nicht gefunden.

Gestern hat er ja seine mit Golden Dynasty (NAK) verglichen, die ich übrigens am Dienstag gekauft habe. Absoluter Longplay.

http://www.silverstockreport.c…oly_Stock_Comparison.html

Grüße
    Tschonko

• Offizieller Beitrag

Tschonko

Die "Holy Moly" :] hat Ulfur gefunden,siehe im Cortez Trend.

Die Northern Dynasty / NDM hab ich seit Nov.2004,kurios. ;)
    Da gefiel mir deren Story schon so gut,daß ich die auch durchhielt.

Schönes Wochenende
    Edel Man

• Ein guter Artikel in Bezug auf Explorer:

Worauf zu achten ist, dass der besuch des friseurs ein freiwilliger sei.
    In Bezug auf Schur. Unfreiwillig.
    Weil geschoren wird heuer mächtig werden.
    Es wachsen aber auch viel haare.

Valuing an Exploration Company
    January 20, 2006
    We looked at how to value mining companies last week. Since these companies have real assets (mines), cash flow, and even perhaps earnings (if we're lucky), putting a value on them is fairly straightforward. Exploration companies are a completely different story.

Exploration companies don't have assets, cash flow or earnings. They typically only have a management team, sometimes a bit of cash, and one to several properties.

The cash will get spent, usually a lot quicker than anticipated. Their projects aren't assets: they are liabilities where the cash is going to get spent. That leaves us with management, and management is absolutely an exploration company's biggest asset -- if not its only asset. Promoters of these stocks will tell you their company's management has a superb track record, but the reality is that there aren't even enough mediocre management teams to run the thousands of exploration companies resident in Vancouver alone.

If an exploration company's only asset is management, how do we put a value on it?

Unfortunately the answer is "with difficulty". There is no easy way to put a value on exploration companies. It is easy to spot a really good deal when it stares you in the face, and it is equally simple to see when a stock is overvalued, but the nature of the business does not readily allow for valuations that one can use for short-term trading or "value investing".

Exploration is risky business. Buying exploration stocks is tantamount to gambling, and there are two safe bets when it comes to any exploration company. One: it will spend the money it has and two: it is highly unlikely that it will make a discovery. Yet I personally invest essentially all of my net worth in exploration stocks because I believe that there are ways to mitigate the risks and to shift the odds of success in my favor. Fortunately this part is straightforward.

The Nineties were rough for mining and there are now very few new exploration geologists graduating from school. To make things worse, most of the graduates of the past decade want desk jobs making their odds of discovering anything very slim.

When the major mining companies downsized their exploration efforts during the Nineties they not only curtailed exploration expenditures, they fired most of their geologists, closed regional offices and let many of their projects go. This caused a shift in exploration demographics -- the more innovative and experienced exploration professionals got together and formed new junior exploration companies, and picked up many of the projects the majors dropped. As a result, major mining companies now lack the human resources needed to explore for new ore deposits.

Still, mining is a depleting business -- the more you mine, the less you have left to mine and without exploration, mining will cease very rapidly. The mining companies know they need access to good exploration projects and, more importantly, good exploration teams. We know it too.

We need to look for companies whose managements have the ability to generate new exploration projects and the business acumen to joint venture those projects to major mining companies. A joint venture partnership allows the junior exploration company to use its intellectual capital to generate exploration ideas but the mining company's financial capital to test them. It is absurd to think that the average exploration company has but the remotest chance of making a discovery given how much money and time it takes. The only rational way to approach exploration is to marry the innovative skills of quirky, and often unsocial, exploration geologists with the balance sheets of mining companies in a win-win partnership.

In a typical deal the exploration company will generate an exploration idea, acquire the ground and perhaps spend a little bit of money to confirm that the geologic model it is proposing has merit by looking at soil geochemistry, geophysics and good old-fashioned geological mapping. Thereafter it will attempt to get a mining company to commit exploration funds to test its ideas in return for earning a percentage interest in the project. Typically the mining company can earn up to 70% to 80% by completing a bankable feasibility study or even financing the project to production.

This means that if our company is successful, we will end up owning 20% to 30% of a mine, whereas if it is unsuccessful it would have lost some time and a little bit of money because the mining company footed the heavy bills. This way an exploration company can use its limited cash resources to generate numerous projects, all funded by joint venture partners. It increases the life expectancy of the exploration company and by enabling it to generate and test more projects it also increases the probability that it will eventually be successful. I would much rather own 30% of a successful project than 100% of a dud.

There is something else that happens here. With this model the exploration company has to convince the geologists working for the mining company that its projects have merit. Not only do they need to have merit, they need to have sufficient merit to compete with the exploration projects generated internally by the mining company and all the other exploration projects being presented to the major by other juniors. This is a lot more difficult for a junior to do than to convince doctors, lawyers, dentists and taxi drivers that its projects are one drill hole away from changing the world (with all due respect to doctors, lawyers, dentists and taxi drivers).

I therefore avoid exploration companies that tell me they are going to spend millions of dollars drilling on their wholly owned projects, unless there are very, very, very compelling reasons.

We also have to look at what kind of projects the exploration company is looking for. You will be surprised how many times I have sat through presentations only to learn at the end that the geological target is unlikely to ever be economic or, if it might be, that it is likely to be so small that no major mining company will have any interest in it. The only thing we are interested in is making world-class discoveries.

This brings us to the next part: you should have access to a critical and well-seasoned exploration geologist. I am not a geologist yet I have to sift through geological evidence every day and decide whether to accept or reject the risk of exploration. I work very closely with a consulting geologist, and without access to a consultant I can trust it would be almost impossible to succeed in this business.

If an exploration company consistently comes up with new projects and continues to get exploration funding from major mining companies then this is a business I am interested in owning. I view stocks as fractional ownership in a company, not as trading cards. So if I find a business I would like to own I often watch it for several years, waiting for an opportune time to buy.

Now comes the question of how much we are prepared to pay for these things. While I cannot give you a formula with which you can put a dollar value on an exploration company, like we could with a mining company, the best I can do is tell you what I do with my own money, and why. My paid newsletter is essentially a weekly commentary of my personal investments, where I discuss the stocks I buy and sell, my reasoning and any updates on the stocks I own. I do not do stock promotions.

An archive of past issues is on my web site, and you can subscribe on a month-to-month basis and cancel at any time. See the Newsletter Section on http://www.paulvaneeden.com.

There will not be a commentary next week - I will be in Vancouver at the Cambridge House Resource Investment Conference and then at the Mineral Exploration Roundup.

Paul van Eeden

P.S. I may in future stop publishing these commentaries on Kitco so if you enjoy reading them I suggest you go to my website at http://www.paulvaneeden.com/commentary.php and register to get them by email. Rest assured that I do not sell or rent any of my subscribers' email addresses

• Cortez Trend Nevada:
    Edelman hat den Artikel schon eingeastellt.

http://www.resourceinvestor.com/pebble.asp?relid=16326

Noch ein paar bemerkungen dazu:
    Zur zeit überhitzt, aber es betrifft einige Aktien, nämlich die gepuschten wie Bravo und Miranda.

Eine Tone (TNS.V), X-Cal und Coral oder Klondex scheinen mir noch eher günstig bewertet.

Aber nevada ist nicht nur Cortez.
    ATN.TO, MMR.V, KGN.V und Golden Phoenix GPMX.OB sind auch einen blick wert.

Saccard hat neulich im DRD Thread gemeint, dass sich Mc Ewen vielleicht getäuscht habe, weil die guten properties bei Barrick, Placer, Kinross und Newmont sind.

Ich meine, dass vom zentrum US Gold aus und genau den beteiligungen die Mc ewen ausgesucht hat, sich eine Bonanza irgendwo verbirgt.
    Auch wenn dies nicht der Fall ist werden die obengenannten Großen noch sehr bestrebt sein, die guten Gebiete zu erwerben.
    Da geht aber nichts ohne Mc Ewen.
    Das ist ein großartiger Stratege bzw. Schachspieler.
    Von der philosophie steh ja ich mehr auf backgammon, obwohl ich es nicht spiele. Was soll ich auch spielen, wenn ich es lebe.

Außerdem wer sagt denn, dass die hauptrichtung von Mc Ewen Nevada ist. Vielleicht holt er sich dort nur die Kohle um noch was Größeres aufzuziehen?? :D

Grüße
    Tschonko

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

Original von Tschonko
    Cortez Trend Nevada:
    Edelman hat den Artikel schon eingeastellt.

Noch ein paar bemerkungen dazu:
    Zur zeit überhitzt, aber es betrifft einige Aktien, nämlich die gepuschten wie Bravo und Miranda.

Bei BVG drücken zudem 2 Mio junge Aktien,wie in Cortez erwähnt.

Zitat

Saccard hat neulich im DRD Thread gemeint, dass sich Mc Ewen vielleicht getäuscht habe, weil die guten properties bei Barrick, Placer, Kinross und Newmont sind.

Hier darf man nicht übersehen,daß es neuere Bohrergebnisse damals noch nicht gab!

Zitat

Ich meine, dass vom zentrum US Gold aus und genau den beteiligungen die Mc ewen ausgesucht hat, sich eine Bonanza irgendwo verbirgt.
    Auch wenn dies nicht der Fall ist werden die obengenannten Großen noch sehr bestrebt sein, die guten Gebiete zu erwerben.
    Da geht aber nichts ohne Mc Ewen.
    Das ist ein großartiger Stratege bzw. Schachspieler.

Sehe ich auch so. :]

Zitat

Außerdem wer sagt denn, dass die hauptrichtung von Mc Ewen Nevada ist. Vielleicht holt er sich dort nur die Kohle um noch was Größeres aufzuziehen?? :D

Nunja,Spekulation.Denk ich eher nicht.
    Denn Nevada bringt fast die Produktion von Südafrika,und ist der minenfreunlichste Platz der Erde.

Grüsse
    Edel Man

• @edel,

Zitat

Denn Nevada bringt fast die Produktion von Südafrika,und ist der minenfreunlichste Platz der Erde.

Ohne Zweifel, aber die gebiete, wo Mc Ewen sich eingekauft hat sind eher klein und noch nicht so erschlossen.

Vielleicht ist meine Spekulation doch nicht so abwegig. :D :D

Siehe hier: Und das war der nächste Streich.

Rob McEwen to Invest $1.5 Million in Everton Resources to Accelerate its Exploration Program
    Monday January 23, 9:00 am ET

OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(CCNMatthews - Jan. 23, 2006) - Everton Resources Inc. (TSX VENTURE:EVR - News) is pleased to announce that, subject to regulatory approval, it has entered into an agreement with Mr. Rob McEwen of Toronto, Ontario to issue 3.0 million units at a price of $0.50 per unit for aggregate proceeds of $1,500,000. Each unit will consist of one common share and one common share purchase warrant. Each whole share purchase warrant can be exercised into one common share at a price of $0.70 per share for a term of 18 months.

The net proceeds of this offering will be used to finance exploration work at Everton's Opinaca and Wild Cat gold projects in the James Bay region of Quebec and also Everton's gold and copper portfolio of properties in the Dominican Republic.

'We are very pleased to have Rob McEwen as a major investor in our Company. What makes Everton unique is our exposure to two exciting gold districts - 'Eleonore and Pueblo Viejo' says Andre Audet, Chairman and CEO of Everton Resources Inc.

Mr. McEwen is chairman and chief executive officer of U.S. Gold Corp. and was the founder, former chairman and CEO of Goldcorp Inc. Over the past 18 years Mr. McEwen turned Goldcorp Inc. from an investment company with a market capitalization of $50 million into a mining company with a market value over $7.0 billion today. He has been honoured with such awards as the Northern Miner's Man of the Year Award; Ernst & Young's Ontario Entrepreneur of the Year Award in the energy category; and the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada's Developer of the Year Award. Under his leadership Goldcorp was named one of Fast Company's magazine's 50 Companies of Innovation, and Business Week Magazine's selection as one of the 50 most innovative companies on the Web.

Everton holds one of the largest land positions in the James Bay area and many properties are adjacent and on strike to Virginia's gold discovery where Goldcorp recently agreed to purchase the Eleonore gold deposit.

Everton also holds a large land position adjacent to the multi-million ounce gold deposit Pueblo Viejo where Barrick Gold and Goldcorp plan to develop by investing over a billion dollars.

Everton had 34,000,000 common shares outstanding prior to this private placement.

The TSX Venture Exchange neither approves nor disapproves of the information contained in this News Release. The Company's Shares are listed on the TSX Venture Exchange and trade under the symbol "EVR".

Andre Audet Everton Resources Inc.
    Chairman & CEO
    (613) 241-2332
    (613) 241-6005 (FAX)
    andre@evertonresources.com
    http://www.evertonresources.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not understood." Henry Miller

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Tschonko ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Schon beeindruckend,wo und wie dieser listige Fuchs sich einkauft.

Bei alledem aber: es sind eben mal Beteiligungen.
    Aber sicher nicht die schlechtesten und er hat dann einen Fuß drin.

Bei Everton übrigens auch auffallend,daß schon vorher die Kurse anzogen.
    Das mit den Insidergeschichten ist sone eigene Sache.

Grüsse

• Ein Artikel von

http://goldinvest.de/public/story_detail...5516&s=&offset=

Frick und Konsorten haben ja die Cortez Titel nun auch entdeckt.
    Das heißt, es wird sehr volatil.
    Heuer wird das gebiet mit frischem Geld mal gut exploriert.
    Wer was findet auf seinem Gebiet, fliegt ab,
    wer nicht, fliegt raus.
    IMO hat NPG gute Chancen, dass sie was finden.
    Zur Zeit hab ich da nur 30€ drin, aber noch einen guten Grundstock Aktien.

Warum Rob McEwen Nevada kaufen musste
    31.01.2006 Sven Olsson - GOLDINVEST.de Daily

Wenn Rob McEwen, der frühere CEO von Goldcorp, Aktien eines Goldunternehmens kauft, dann tut er es so, dass es alle Welt erfährt - und das hat in aller Regel dramatische Auswirkungen. Der Vertrauensvorschuss, den der Mann genießt, kommt nicht von ungefähr. McEwen hat seine Aktionäre reich gemacht, die Marktkapitalisierung von Goldcorp stieg von 50 Mio. auf 7 Mrd. CAD. Das verbindet!

Umso bemerkenswerter war, dass dem kürzlichen Einstieg von McEwen bei Nevada Pacific Gold (Frankfurt WKN 929971, TSX.V: NPG) quasi eine Vorankündigung vorausging. Im November auf die notwendige Konsolidierung rund um das berühmte Cortez Hills Gebiet in Nevada angesprochen, sagte McEwen in einem Interview, seine Beteiligungen an den NPG-Nachbarn US Gold Corp. (OTCBB: USGL.OB, +1.000% seit 08/05) und White Knight Resources (TSX.V: WKR, +500% seit 07/05) seien nur der Anfang. McEwen steht noch viel Aufräumarbeit bevor. Das Gebiet südlich von Cortez Hills gleicht einem Flickenteppich aus Explorationslizenzen. Nach seinem Interview genügte ein Blick auf die Karte: An NPG würde er nicht vorbeikommen. Das NPG Lizenzgebiet liegt wie eine Insel auf dem Gebiet von US Gold Corp. Hinzu kommt, dass NPG buchstäblich mit den letzten Explorationsdollars Ende 2005 auf diesem Gebiet (Cornerstone) beim Ziehen eines Grabens (Trenching) eine Entdeckung gemacht hat. Drei Meter mit 10 Gramm Goldgehalt an der Oberfläche sind zwar nicht die Welt, aber solche Nachrichten lassen Geologen aufhorchen, wenn sie 12 Meilen südöstlich von Cortez Hills stammen. McEwen musste handeln.

Auf http://www.goldinvest.de/ berichteten wir am 28.11.2005 unter der Überschrift "Übernahmefieber im Goldgräberstaat" umfangreich über die Hintergründe der Konsolidierung in Nevada. Bereits am 12.12.2005 konnten wir unter dem Titel "McEwen kauft Nevada zu Weihnachten" den erfolgten Einstieg bei NPG vermelden.

Ein schönes Weihnachtsgeschenk für Aktionäre: Seitdem hat sich der Kurs der NPG Aktie verdoppelt. Aber noch wichtiger für die Zukunft erscheinen uns folgende Punkte:

Der Einstieg von McEwen bringt für NPG dauerhaft eine bessere Wahrnehmung, damit höhere Liquidität und in Zukunft leichteren Zugang zu Kapital.
    Unsere Wette für 2006 lautet: Nevada Pacific Gold wird der Dreh- und Angelpunkt für die Konsolidierung im Cortez Trend sein - McEwen will eine zweite Goldcorp, die er sinnigerweise ‘US Goldcorp’ nennen will.
    NPG hat das beste Team mit den erfahrensten Geologen in dem Gebiet. Auch die wollte sich McEwen sichern.
    Die herausragende Rolle von NPG begründen wir wie folgt: NPG ist dank des frischen Kapitals - 5 Millionen CAD - in der Lage, seine Nevada Liegenschaften erstmals aggressiv zu testen. Obwohl die Entwicklung auf Cornerstone erst ganz am Anfang steht, deuten erste Daten darauf hin, dass hier die Keimzelle zu einer neuen Mine liegen könnte.
    Am 23. Januar 2006 fand bei NPG die erste gemeinsame Board-Sitzung mit McEwen statt. Es wurde u.a. ein umfangreiches Explorationsprogramm für die Nevada Liegenschaften diskutiert. Endgültige Beschlüsse werden bei der nächsten Board-Sitzung Mitte Februrar erwartet.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Tschonko

Das ist mE. gut für die Cortez-"Gläubigen",daß da mehr auf die Trommel gehauen wird.
    Aber schon klar,daß das nur begrenzte Wirkung zeigt.Sagst Du auch zu Recht.
    Sehe das ja bei BVG,wie die rauf und dann runterhopsten.

USGL ist aber IMO von den Einflüssen ziemlich frei,ein richtiges Paradestück.
    Ulkig,daß Saccard sowas hier nicht anfassen würde.
    Hab aber inzw. den Eindruck,daß er ein "Fundi" ist.Eben Sache der Mentalität auch.

30E ist was happig für NPG,da fehlen wohl einige Potenzen. :D

Meine NPG halt ich sicher bis Jericho,vorerst auch die anderen Zwerge.
    Habe das vorhin in Juniors erwähnt.

Grüsse
    Edel Man

• Offizieller Beitrag

Saccard

Yepp.
    Fundi war auch als konservativer,risikobewussterer Investor gedacht.
    Selbst als dieser ist man aber auch vor Überraschungen nicht sicher.

Andrerseits: grosse Risiken auch grosse Chancen.
    Mach das alles auch schon einige,einige Jahre.

Grüsse
    Edel Man

Schriftgröße:  A A A A A