Thai Guru's Gold und Silber ... (Informationen und Vermutungen)

• Hi Schwejk,

ich lese ja auch schon eine Zeit bei Deinen Infos mit, aber heute habe ich das Gefühl, Dich erstmals richtig verstanden zu haben (hedonische Buchführung).

Also bitte, fühle Dich nicht unnötig kritisch verstanden, doch: Jeder hat jetzt wohl gemerkt, daß Dein Name für eine (bzw. "die") verschmitzte Kritik, ganz a la "braver Soldat" steht.

Deswegen ist und wäre es kein Stilbruch oder auch sonst kein Beinbruch, wenn Du einfach weiterhin unter "Schwejk" schreibst, aber in allgemeinem deutschen Jargon "postest" (ja, diese ekelhaft - überflüssigen Anglismen).

Nun, ich weiß ja, jeder hat seine (...) Heimat, aber mich würde auch keiner verstehen, wenn ich so betont schreiben würde, wie die Sprache in meiner bayer. Heimat nun (gottseidank) ist, wie sie ist.

Auch wenn´s manchmal noch donaumonarchisch "juckt", schreibe einfach ein Eck unkomplizierter. Wenn´s inhaltlich paßt und gedanklich anregt, wird sich die Gemeinde Deiner Leser bestimmt mehren ...

Nichts für ungut.

mfg
    Hallo

• [Blockierte Grafik: http://www.goldseek.com/news/LemetropoleCafe/lmpc.jpg]

http://www.lemetropolecafe.com

May 25 - Gold $388.20 up $2.70 - Silver $6.06 up 8 cents

Make That 8 In A Row For The HUI

Now I've been out in the desert, just doin' my time
    Searchin' through the dust, lookin' for a sign.
    If there's a light up ahead, well brother I don't know
    But I got this fever burnin' in my soul
    So lets take the good times as they go
    And I'll meet you further on up the road
    ...Bruce Springsteen (Further On Up The Road)

Yesterday, I lamented the fact gold was only allowed a $1.20 rally with oil rising close to $2 on the session and with the currencies rebounding smartly. Clearly, The Gold Cartel had gone into action as they have done for so many years. Evidence that assessment was right on the money surfaced in the gold open interest numbers. Specs covered shorts, while the cabal forces dumped some of their recent long positions, selling them to the specs. Consequently, the open interest fell another 4533 contracts to 246,319. Can anything be more obvious than what is going on here?

Then there is the obvious predictive HUI action (more on this below). As one Café member says:

"Clear the 3-4p ET hour of every trading day to watch the HUI chart and be ready to respond to any abrupt and inexplicable movements, up or down. Whoever is controlling the gold price in the futures price is trading on that knowledge in the share market in the last hour the day before."

The past couple of months the peculiar HUI action late in the day is becoming as obvious as the $6 rule has been for some time.

Gold came in $3 higher, shot up to more than $4 on the day and that was it. Comex option expiry was today. Losing on their $380 and $385 calls with the euro flying, the collusive ones were not about to lose out on their $390 calls. Plus, they needed to call out the reinforcements today, so they could cap, cap, cap and then see if they could knock gold down tomorrow to protect their expiring Over The Counter call positions.

How many times over the past number of weeks have I mentioned gold surging after the opening, for the first half hour to one hour, and then related that was it for the rest of the trading session? Gold either is held to those gains, or taken down somewhat. As a veteran commodity trader, I can tell you price patterns such as this do not occur over and over and over again. NEVER! Except in rigged markets!

Gold has plenty of resistance from $390 to $395. Once cleared, it has $430 written all over it:

June
    http://futures.tradingcharts.com/chart/GD/64

The dollar fared poorly following President Bush’s presentation to America last evening, a speech which offered little news. It closed at 89.89, down .70, while the euro leaped .91 to 120.99.

Silver came in slightly higher, dipped fractionally, then rose in quiet fashion the rest of the trading session. JP Morgan Chase, Morgan Stanley and HSBC were early buyers. Goldman Sachs stopped an early dime rally dead in its tracks. Yesterday’s decent rally was without much new spec participation as the open interest fell 33 contracts to 88,355.

Silver has now rallied around 60 cents off its low without any fanfare. The beat up specs are paying little attention. While silver did leave a tiny gap today, there are several huge ones to fill on the upside, which is just what I believe is going to happen in the weeks/months to come.

Yesterday I neglected to mention silver gave us an outside day reversal to the upside. The technicals in silver continue to firm up.

Silver has some resistance from here up to $6.25. If it clears that level, silver could run very quickly to the upside:

July
    http://futures.tradingcharts.com/chart/SV/74

Solid bottoming formation in the CRB:

June
    http://futures.tradingcharts.com/chart/RB/64

The CRB rose 1.16 to 275.64, even with crude oil falling 58 cents to $41.14.

The John Brimelow Report

Comfort from Bridgewater

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Indian ex-duty premiums: AM: $5.75, PM $4.20, with world gold at $385.40 and $387.30. Adequate, and a little too low for legal imports. India has announced a further liberalization of gold import regulations, permitting imports by a wider range of Indian entities. While this does not immediately mean much, it is a positive sign on the matter of the incoming government’s attitude to the trade. Also, in times of great activity like April, it will presumably enhance the Indian importing function’s ability to finance imports. This has occasionally thought to have caused some stress.

In Japan this morning the public found world gold several dollars higher than yesterday: they responded by selling. Volume jumped 53% to the equivalent of 33,856 Comex lots, but open interest fell the equivalent of 2,489 Comex to equal 111,820 Comex. The active contract closed at a one month high, up 12 yen: world gold went out $1.05 above the NY close. (NY yesterday traded 82,658 lots, of which some 30,000 arose from switches: open interest fell 4,533 contracts to 246,319.

As so often happens, the abrupt move in gold shares in NY late yesterday heralded a congruent move in bullion today. However, the persistent selling noted yesterday by several observers was apparent again today. Optimists would attribute it to the defence of the expiring options. Comex options expired today, and the OTC tranche tomorrow.

Pessimists would note that the buying back of a substantial 1.25 MM ozs of paper gold on Comex on Friday and Monday was accomplished in a $5 range, against a backdrop of oil somewhat unexpectedly crashing through to an all-time high: this is not the way gold used to work.

It is timely for gold’s friends to draw some comfort from Bridgewater Associates Daily Observations: this manager of over $50 billion of sophisticated money notes:

"…there is a real risk that the Fed could make the classic mistake of the 1970’s – i.e., letting inflation and inflation psychology germinate to the point that it is painful to kill. As we see it, we are transitioning from a time when running monetary policy was pretty straight forward to one in which it is going to be much more difficult…"

adding:

"…we expect to see more signs of emerging inflation psychology. In fact, we have seen some signs of it already. For example, we see many more institutional investors who are interested in holding more inflation hedge assets (commodities and inflation-indexed bonds), plus the art market is starting to get hot." (JB emphasis)

JB

CARTEL CAPITULATION WATCH

The DOW soared 159 to 10,118 and the DOG soared also to 1965, up 42. Every time the US stock market is ready to really get slapped, it roars back for no apparent reason.

Jesse’s opinion on why the US stock market took off today:

This is what today is all about IMHO. They want to unload this pig and they need a favorable market in which to do it. Given that Friday and Monday were the slowest days of the year, it’s fairly easy to for them to float the market up. The real tell was that the Put to Call ratio was expanding with the rise in the indices. They are hedging the pump.

So far today 29,849,900 GNW shares have traded today and the price is 19.35.

Genworth Has Troubled Debut
    Tuesday May 25, 2:02 pm ET
    By TSC Staff,

The biggest initial public offering of the year, the General Electric (NYSE:GE - News) insurance unit being split off as Genworth (NYSE:GNW - News), was under water Tuesday despite being priced conservatively by underwriters grappling with volatile markets.

One hundred forty-five million shares were priced at $19.50 Monday night through underwriters led by Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs, below the price-talk range of $21 to $23 a share. The deal, in which a roughly 30% stake in the business was sold, raised about $2.83 billion.

The stock was recently down 19 cents, or 1%, at $19.31.

GE subsequently reaffirmed its full-year 2004 profit estimate of $1.54 to $1.60 a share, or $1.59 to $1.65 a share before items, and said it expects to receive net proceeds of $2.5 billion to $2.9 billion from the offering, which also included a series of convertible and preferred shares.

Genworth, the remainder of which GE will sell over the next five years, has segments that sell life insurance, group life and health insurance for small companies, mortgage insurance and annuities.

Others were much more perplexed:

Bill,
    I love the quote from the Dow Jones newswire titled "Market Talk:"
    CME traders scratching their heads as to why the market is rallying, with no news seen inciting buyers. "Even though oil is down, it was up Monday and we still gained ground, so that’s not really much of an explanation," trader notes.
    (Three guesses as to the cause!)
    W

The US economic news was mixed:

May 25 (Bloomberg) -- Confidence in the U.S. economy rose less than expected in May as gains from a pickup in hiring were restrained by rising gasoline prices and news from Iraq, a private survey found.
    The New York-based Conference Board's consumer confidence index rose to 93.2 this month, from a revised 93 in April. The gain came from increased optimism about the future direction of the economy. Assessments of current conditions fell.

May 25 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. sales of previously owned houses rose 2.5 percent in April, an industry report showed, as forecasts for further increases in interest rates spurred buying.
    Resales rose to 6.64 million houses at an annual pace last month from 6.48 million in March, the National Association of Realtors said in Washington. Sales first exceeded 6 million in July and have held at or above that level for ten consecutive months, including a record 6.68 million in September.

GATA’s Mike Bolser (whose overall explanation of the DOW action these past many months is as good as any out there):

Hi Bill:
    The Fed added no temporary repos today but the posted yesterday's permanent open market numbers at $.783 Billion.

The pool is still well below its 30-Day moving average and sitting at the lowest point away from the target line in the series. This is an interesting moment and must be watched carefully throughout the rest of this week and into the next. The Fed seems content to let the DOW fall a bit (Or at least not rise). This continues to fit with a weakness in the bonds market noted by Dan Norcini and other readers.

The red 30-day ma for the repo pool has been in the same up slope angle since Feb so the Fed appears to be on a kind of repo "cruise control", content with larger DOW swings.

The bond market yields sit at recent highs but it appears there is a ceiling on them. The Ten-year at 3.5% or so and the 30-year at 5.5%.

Gold will rebound this week and into the next (Through $415) with the dollar falling again but not too far.
    Mike

Café member Lois Ringel has sent us insightful tidbits for a long time. Here is another one of them:

read this site several times a month (for many years) to monitor oil and gas-have never seen them with any mention of Gold!

Click here: EnergyPulse - Insight Analysis and Commentary on the Global Power Industry

The price of gold could exceed $600 an ounce (versus $400 now) as the value of the dollar continues to decline against most of the major world currencies, and: (1) the Federal Reserve sharply increases interest rates in an attempt to stabilize the value of the falling dollar; (2) a record number of individuals file for personal bankruptcy in 2004 in the U.S. only to be exceeded by the rate in 2005; (3) more companies reduce pension benefits to retirees and existing employees; (4) the government announces a massive bailout of the agency overseeing the pension funds of failed companies much like the bailout of the S&L’s a decade earlier; (5) one or more major U.S. airlines file for bankruptcy, in part due to higher fuel costs; (6) world economic growth, except for China, slows to a crawl; (7) tuition at public universities increase at a double digit rate; and (8) health care costs continue to rise at a double digit rates.

On the $6 Rule:

May 25, 2004
    Hi Bill:
    I am a new subscriber of Le Metropole Café (since the beginning of this year). I am intrigued by your $6 rule. Where did you get it? Was it based on observation? On statistical analysis? ? ? ?

Well, I don’t know the answers to these questions, but long before I became a subscriber, I have been interested in the deviation in the price of gold over time. Early last year, I calculated the standard deviation of the closing price of gold from the first day in 1997 to the current date at that time, in February 2003. The standard deviation was $2.756. (Multiply that by 2, Bill, and you get about $5.50, and for simplicity we could round that off to, let’s say, $6.)

Today, I recalculated the standard deviation but for a longer period, from the daily close at the beginning of 1995 to yesterday’s close. Much to my surprise it came out to $2.757.

Well, Bill, I don’t know where you got the $6 rule, but it is an interesting one, and it makes a lot of sense to me in terms of the standard deviation.
    Keep up your great work.
    Charlie McCarthy

One of the reasons apartment rents in Sydney are in "free-fall."

Hi Billy
    One of the main catalysts causing Sydney apartments to fall is the fact that it is now law that all persons bidding on auctions have to register prior to auction.
    The stooges that the agents used to take bids from can’t bid anymore. Conspiracies seem to be everywhere – bring back the inquisition!!!
    james

A heads-up from Jesse:

An interesting excerpt from Porter Stansberry

" Total margin debt has hit a new high since the bubble. Folks were betting $191.5 billion in borrowed money on stocks in March at NYSE and NASD firms. Richer, wiser and more experienced investors, not surprisingly, spent their spring "cleaning" rather than collecting. Corporate insiders sold $14.4 billion in the
    first four months of the year. David Coleman, editor of Vickers Weekly, which has been tracking insider figures since 1971, says sales from insiders have never been larger.

In regard to the never-ending tug-of-war between inflation and deflation, it seems to be a race between individual and national irresponsibility. Sure, it's hard to bet against the Baby Boomers, who love to borrow more than they love to repay. But, compared to democracies and their track record with paper money, today's individual credit card junky is a skinflint.

Evidence? While personal bankruptcy filings (a force of deflation) rose the last 12 months by 2.8%, the price of milk--not to mention lots of other things--has doubled (inflation). Whole milk prices in the Northwest United States hit $5.00 per gallon last week, up 100% in the last year. Unfortunately for the government, there's no cartel of evil-looking, Middle Eastern men dressed in sheets to blame the milk problem on. Few people yet suspect the strange surge in gas, milk, meat, industrial metals, shipping, the price of gold and foreign currencies could possibly be related to the correspondingly large increases in the supply of U.S. dollars. Someone has even hinted, darkly, that perhaps an increase in dollars would help the government to avoid raising taxes because it would tend to move more citizens into higher tax brackets, while at the same time making the government's debts easier to repay."

by Porter Stansberry

More on the gold loan issue from GATA’s Mihaly in the Netherlands:

Hi bill,
    here are the gold 'holdings' of Australia:
    2003 annual rapport
    Page 94
    Gold loans 1 333
    Gold holdings 17
    total AU$ 1350
    http://www.rba.gov.au/PublicationsAndResearch/AnnualReports
    /AnnualReport2003/2003_annual_report.pdf
    The RBA lends gold to financial institutions participating in the gold market. Gold loans are secured to 110 per cent of their market value by Australian dollar denominated collateral security. Interest on gold loans is accounted for on a standard accrual basis.
    Reserves Management
    Foreign currency reserve assets and gold are held primarily to support intervention in the foreign exchange market. In investing these assets, priority is therefore given to liquidity and security, in order to ensure that the assets are always available for their intended policy purposes.

So Australia lend almost all their gold....which is almost 80 tonnes according to http://www.gold.org statistics..
    greetz
    mihaly

This means Australia, Norway, Canada, the Philippines and Portugal have very little if any gold left in their vaults. None of this is taken into consideration by the IMF or gold world establishment.

Chris Powell and I received the following note from world renowned author Arthur Hailey last evening and I’d like to share it with you. Not only is Arthur one of the great novelists of the 20th century (Hotel, Airport, Moneychangers, etc.), he is a former RAF fighter pilot. For newer Café members, he has also been one of GATA’s staunchest supporters from the very beginning and was instrumental in our efforts in taking on the anti-gold company, Barrick. During the Denver Gold Group Conference in the fall of 1999 he denounced Barrick publicly (at the conference via an open letter and all over the internet) and announced he had sold all of his considerable shares in the company and reinvested in those gold producers who were not hedging. Since then, Barrick has foresworn hedging (after an eventual $170 rally) and run for the hills - from GATA too. We thank this gracious man for helping us when we most needed it and when few in the mainstream world would give us the time of day.

Dear Bill and Chris:

Came across something this weekend that, in a way, seemed timely, though I wrote it in 1978 for one of my own books – Overload.

What struck me in re-reading those almost forgotten lines was that at this present time it could be an ode directed at those who will simply not commit themselves to accepting that gold is an absolute major commodity to be invested in right now, financially and deeply in other words, committed – as I am, along with our family – and certain that a year from now, probably less, others who could have done the same, but didn’t, will have enormous regrets – too late!~

Anyway…..

The moving finger sometimes does go back,
    Not to rewrite but to reread;
    And what was once dismissed, derided, mocked,
    May, in the fullness of the moon or two,
    Or even years,
    Be hailed as wisdom,
    Spoken forthrightly at that earlier time,
    And having needed courage
    To face the obloquy of others less perceptive,
    Though burdened with invective.

Dear Nimrod!
    Remind yourself; A prophet’s seldom praised
    Before sunset
    Of the day on which he first proclaimed
    Unpalatable truths
    In time become self-evident,
    Their author vindicated,
    Be, at that harvest moment, forgiving, gracious
    Broad of mind, large purposed,
    Amused by life’s contrariness.

For not to all, only the few,
    Are presbyopic gifts: long vision, clarity, sagacity,
    By chance through lottery at birth,
    Bestowed by busy nature.

The best,
    Arthur

The gold shares rose quietly again, but this time the HUI sold off late. After reaching 199.18 with around 20 minutes to go, profit taking set in (or something more sinister) and it fell back to close at 196.85, up 2.18. The XAU managed a 1.41 gain to 88.41.

It just gets worse and worse when it comes to Wall Street, New York/Washington spin and what many in the establishment are doing to America. Some reasons why in my opinion:

*For a year it is been VERY apparent the Bush Administration was fudging the CPI numbers, preventing the elderly in the US from receiving their fare share of retirement income, which is based on that number. For further reference on this, go to http://www. Prudent Bear.com and Richard Benson’s Using the Consumer Price Index to Rob Americans Blind :
    http://www.prudentbear.com/archive_comm_article.asp?ca

*The reasons for going to war in Iraq were fabricated, no matter how you look at it. As a result of this ill-conceived war, 800 American soldiers are dead and many thousands have been injured. For what?

*Either bozos are conducting the war (one only need ask the highly regarded General Zinni), or we have the "Gang Who Couldn’t Shoot Straight" for an intelligence operation – maybe its both? With all the acknowledged screw-ups not one higher-up has been held accountable to date by the Bush Administration.

*The porno scandal in the Iraq prison is almost unbelievable, not even acceptable for a B Movie story line. More facts continue to surface. The latest has General Sanchez (2 steps away from Rumsfeld) going to visit the torture prison 3 times. All of a sudden, it is announced he is going to be shipped out in a month and that his removal had nothing to do with these revelations (sure).

*President Bush goes on TV to make an address to the nation and the major networks yawn and don’t even bother to carry it, preferring the likes of the Reality TV shows instead. Anything to dumb down the people.

Now this, which is an indictment not only of Dick Grasso, but of the most influential and wealthy on Wall Street who sat on the Board of the NYSE:

GRASSO THE SNAKE
    By PAUL THARP
    NY Post

May 25, 2004 -- Dick Grasso was more underhanded than many suspected - using spies, doctored records, rigged votes and intimidation to suck almost every penny of profit at the New York Stock Exchange, crusading New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer charged yesterday.

Spitzer outlined a pattern of greed, bullying and conflicts of interest in a four-year secret plan by Grasso to award himself more than $187.5 million as he prepared to retire from the NYSE.

Spitzer said Grasso's "unsavory, self-dealing and fraudulent" acts were especially troubling because they are a "template of a much larger problem throughout the corporate structure that must be confronted."

Spitzer filed a suit seeking to reclaim for the NYSE as much as $120 million of Grasso's controversial first payment of $139 million in compensation. Grasso said he would fight the suit and was "disappointed" Spitzer intervened in "what amounts to be a commercial dispute between my former employer and me. I look forward to complete vindication in court."

Spitzer's lawsuit and exhibits implied that Grasso personally shot down early attempts to crack down on Wall Street firms' use of phony analyst research - just to win support for his big paychecks. Wall Street execs most vulnerable over research also sat on NYSE boards that approved more than $30 million of Grasso's disputed pay.

Grasso held "enormous power" over the compensation committee members, picking them himself, and on occasion even confronted panel members who wouldn't buckle under to Grasso's straw boss on the pay panel, investor Ken Langone. Spitzer wants Langone to fork over at least $18 million in disputed Grasso pay that Langone allegedly pushed through the board for approval.

"Rigged votes," rigged gold market – that’s Wall Street for you.

Grasso is one thing. How about those on the NYSE Board of Directors who agreed to pay the guy? If Grasso did wrong, they did worse. They paid him that obscene amount.

For years MIDAS has called Wall Street a "SEWER." A number of Café members thought this sort of commentary was "over the top" I am sure. However, I don’t think descriptions such as that one even begins to touch the surface on how bad things really are. Remember the commentary after Enron and the other NASDOG scandals and how these scandals and efforts to clean them up would change how business is done on Wall Street. Horse Manure!

Which brings us back to perhaps the biggest scandal of all when it all unfolds, the gold fraud. When the gold derivatives neutron bomb goes off, or related interest rate derivatives do, its ramifications are going to affect most everyone and it won’t be pretty. Your average Joe and Jane in America are going to be stunned by the financial market and economic fallout.

Meanwhile, the arrogants in The Gold Cartel are so haughty they don’t seem to even care about being caught because no one will punish them. Sell the HUI big time in the last 10 minutes with nothing going on, gold tanks the next day. Do it again, same thing. Buy the HUI big time in the last 15 minutes and gold comes in $4 higher the next morning. Can collusive trading be more blatant? It is an OUTRAGE. Therefore, I will continue to document these goings-on for the future Congressional committee formed to investigate the coming gold scandal. They will know what to look for and on what day!!!

It would be fair to ask why I rant about all of this and don’t just walk away. The answer is very simple. GATA knows the most historic trade of all time is coming and it involves gold, silver and the precious metals shares. We know the bad guys are running out of enough physical to continue this scam. It is inevitable the price of gold (and silver) is going to go ballistic and will do so when The Gold Cartel implodes. We just don’t know when The Gold Cartel is going to hit the wall. Might be next month, maybe next year, maybe two years. The longer it takes, the bigger the eventual move.

In the process, when The Gold Cartel is carried out on GATA’s stretchers, more money will be made in a few weeks than most make in a lifetime, if one is positioned properly. It will be a sight to behold. If you annualize this sudden and dramatic bonanza over a number of patiently waiting years, you will know why I and many others are focusing on the donut and not on this short-term hole.

GATA BE IN IT TO WIN IT!

• Entweder man hört die Glocken läuten, oder man träumt weiter von Aufschwung, und tiefen Gold, und Silber Preisen!

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.ftd.de/images/ft_logo_homepage.gif]

Aus der FTD vom 26.5.2004 http://www.ftd.de/rente

Neuer Bundesbankchef Weber fordert Rente mit 67

Von Andreas Krosta, Frankfurt

Der neue Chef der Deutschen Bundesbank, Axel Weber, hat die Bundesregierung zu weiteren Einschnitten in die sozialen Sicherungssysteme aufgefordert. Die Bundesregierung soll den Sparkurs mit stärkerem Subventionsabbau verschärfen.

http://www.ftd.de/pw/de/1085376275422.html?nv=hpm

• Zitat

Original von ThaiGuru
    Entweder man hört die Glocken läuten, oder man träumt weiter von Aufschwung, und tiefen Gold, und Silber Preisen!

Kürzer und präziser kann man es nicht mehr auf den Punkt bringen!

Nur: Es wird nichts nutzen. Jedenfalls, was die Deutschen betrifft. Die Masse unserer Landsleute wird sich noch wundern. (Zu den Österreichern und Schweizern kann ich nichts sagen: Sind die Menschen in den Alpen auch so blind und naiv wie die Deutschen?)

• Zitat

(Zu den Österreichern und Schweizern kann ich nichts sagen: Sind die Menschen in den Alpen auch so blind und naiv wie die Deutschen?)

In der Schweiz sind leider viele Leute genauso naiv. :(
    Ob es prozentual mehr oder weniger als in Deutschland sind, kann ich nicht sagen...

• Zitat

Aber wenn einem in den Medien immer wieder vorgeschwärmt wird, wie toll doch alles wird, dann glaubt die Mehrheit das doch.

Das ist wohl auch psychologisch begründbar... die Leute wollen daran glauben, was ihnen vorgeschwärmt wird; sie machen es sich einfacher damit und müssen sich selbst nicht zu viele Gedanken machen (viele Leute wollen leider gar nicht eigenständig denken!).
    Es war doch schon immer so (sogar im alten Griechenland): Den Ueberbringern von guten Nachrichten (selbst wenn diese u.U. nicht korrekt sind) wird applaudiert, die Ueberbringer unangenehmer Nachrichten oder auch die Leute, welche komplexere und differenzierte Zusammenhänge aufzuzeigen versuchen, sind meist unbeliebt oder gar verhasst.

• [Blockierte Grafik: http://www.faz.net/IN/INtempla…img/head/h2_logo_blue.gif]

Marktbericht am Mittag

Deutscher Aktienmarkt zeigt sich freundlich

26. Mai 2004

Die wieder etwas gewachsene Zuversicht über eine Entspannung auf dem Ölmarkt hat den deutschen Aktien am Mittwoch Gewinne beschert. Davon hätten bereits am Vorabend die amerikanischen Börsen profitiert, sagten Händler. Der Leitindex Dax legt bis zur Mittagszeit um 1,5 Prozent auf 38.87 Punkte zu. Der MDax gewinnt 0,4 Prozent auf 4.790 Punkte, und der TecDAX steigt um 1,1 Prozent auf 557 Punkte.

Im Aufwind sind auch Anleihen, gestützt vom grundsätzlich weiter hohen Ölpreis. Der wegweisende Terminkontrakt Bund-Future verbessert sich nach günstigen amerikanischen Vorgaben im Gleichschritt mit dem Euro um 0,11 Prozent auf 113,15 Prozent. Die Gemeinschaftswährung steigt gegenüber dem Dollar auf 1,2124 Dollar. Gold verteuert sich je Unze um 0,7 Prozent auf 391 Dollar und damit auf den höchsten Stand seit drei Wochen.

Quelle: http://www.faz.net

• thom,

melde gehorsamst, ist noch etwas komplizierter:

dumme volk soll meinen, daß gutes für big money auch gut für volk ist. so kann aufgehoben weden der widerspruch zwischen oben und unten - der widerspruch zwischen kapital und arbeit in der vorstellung der fernsehgucker.

sie werden am ende noch für lohnkürzungen streiken, damit "es aufwärts geht", für die wirtschaft und garnicht merken, daß "die wirtschaft" nicht ihnen gehört. es soll hergestellt werden eine emotionale identifikation der massen mit den partikularinteressen. knecht soll es wohl sein, wenn es seinem herrn gut geht.

da sind noch mehr schinken im salze:

rechtzeitig zur" kapitalgedeckten altersversorgung" hat koch-weser vom iwf, der auf intervention von kohlhausen von der commerzbank zum eigentlichen finanzminister gemacht worden war, dafür gesorgt, daß der betrug jetzt "leerverkauf" heißt. wenn die kurse nun in zukunft geshortet werden, weil das nicht mehr betrug ist, sondern ein akt von "freier wirtschaft"der höchst profitabel ist oder "spielregel", wie soros seine ausplünderung asiens und rußlands genannt hat, werden die malocher für lohnsenkung auch aus gründen des erhalts "ihrer" altersversorgung streiken müssen. gerade dann, wenn ein einzelkapitalist die von ihm gezahlten löhne garnicht kürzen will.

also: shortis verkaufen leer; kurse fallen; "bild" schreit: "löhne zu hoch, altersversorgung ist gefährdet"; n-tv ruft zum generalstreik auf für lohnsenkung und "aufschwung der wirtschaft".

aus den systemimmanenten zwängen kann dann selbst ein philanthropischer betriebsinhaber nicht ausbrechen.

so ist es auch in den usa. die kaufkraft der industrielöhne ist auf dem stand von 1951 auch deshalb, weil die seit 1913 privatisierte fed bei geringster lohnsteigerung die zinsen erhöht - "wegen der inflationsgefahr" selbstverständlich. auch der sozialste unternehmer kann deshalb nicht ausbechen, denn er will ja nicht schuld sein, wenn die fed die konjunktur abwürgt in wirklichkeit deshalb, weil unten nun mal unten zu bleiben hat. (tellerwäscher zum millionär ist wirklich die ausnahme; der raubtierkapitalismus funktioniert dort deshalb auch so gut, weil man hat einer ungebildeten bevölkerung glauben gemacht hat, daß auch der ärmste teufel in 10 jahren spätetens millionär sein wird - er identifiziert sich mit big money, weil sein "gefühl" ihm suggeriert, er würde aufsteigen und ist so vor jeden gedanken an volksgemeinschaft, die eine wirkliche ist, gefeit.)

ja, ja, das (vor dem klammersatz) sind auch systemzwänge des kapitalismus - völlig losgelöst von individueller menschenfreundlichkeit. ( de obige klammersatz beschreibt nur den "erfolg" von spin doctorei.)

wegen der sachzwänge des kapitalismus haben sozialisten, also nicht deren unterwanderte führungen, stets den kapitalismus bekämpfen wollen, - nicht "die kapitalisten". die ursupierten führungen wollten nicht mal das, obwohl sie es ständig im munde führten, wenn ihr wißt, was ich meine.

• [Blockierte Grafik: http://www.silverseek.com/images/logo.PNG]

http://news.silverseek.com/TedButler/1085537610.php

China Controls Silver

By: Theodore Butler

First, a quick word on the Commitments of Traders (COT) - it’s spectacular. The latest COT shows the total COMEX dealer net short position in silver has been reduced by 33,000 futures contracts (165 million ounces) on the wolf pack engineered sell-off, from over $8/oz. Gold's COTs show a breathtaking reduction of 140,000 contracts on the engineered $50 decline. The brain-dead tech funds served as the accommodating patsies, once again. Now the decks appear to have been cleared for a liftoff to a powerful rally.

I hope there is not the slightest doubt in anyone's mind as to why we sold off so sharply. This downward move occurred for one reason and one reason only - to allow the dealers to cover as many of their short positions as possible. The good news is that they did in spades. As such, the market structure now allows for a rally of significant proportions. The mother of buy signals in silver is alive and well. Gold and copper look poised for a dramatic up move as well.

My analysis of the silver market revolves principally around using the published statistics and facts issued by the most accepted sources, and then using that data to reach my own conclusions. While I admit that my conclusions are generally at odds with most conventional analysts, very rarely will you hear me dispute the underlying facts and statistics published by industry professionals and insiders. Please keep that in mind in the following discussion.

As you know, there has been significant information recently on the flow of silver from the government of China's central bank, the People's Bank of China (PBOC). The leading silver statistical research organizations, GFMS and CPM, both report on the amount of the sales of government owned silver by the PBOC, acknowledging that it is this silver that principally satisfied the deficit since 1999. Even the CFTC, in their recent 9 page response denying a silver manipulation, confirmed GFMS' statement that China sold large quantities of government owned silver.

On page 5 of the recently released 2003 annual report from Pan American Silver (whose chairman is the recent past president of the Silver Institute), the company states that more than 300 million ounces of silver have been sold from official Chinese government holdings since 1999. I accept and believe to be true all these statements from these industry insiders. What I don't accept is the nonchalance and ho-hum reaction to this government selling by China. Clearly this selling is dumping, in addition to being manipulative to silver prices. Without this official government selling from China, the silver would have had to come from free market inventories, and only at sharply higher prices. In effect, the Chinese central bank is controlling and determining the price of silver.

But there is no legitimate economic explanation for the Chinese government to participate in the manipulation of silver. Only uneconomic explanations are plausible. While I don't want to dwell on all the uneconomic possibilities, I will say that I don't think their selling of silver is completely understood by them, certainly not at the highest levels of government. I think it is highly likely that the People’s Bank of China has been hoodwinked into selling their silver, much as the US Government was tricked into disposing of its silver stockpile over the past 60 years. Tricking governments out of silver is a recurring historical fact.

The sad fact is that due to China's certain long term economic growth, it won't be long until it must import silver at any price for industrial consumption. Having sold silver for the past five years at under $5/oz, it would not surprise me to see China pay 10 and 20 times that amount to buy in the future. And I'm sure that China is being used by the silver wolf pack at the COMEX, to give their short sales quasi-legitimacy.

But one day soon, China will sell government silver no more, either because they run out, or wake up to the deception that has been foisted on them. When that occurs, there will be no way to meet the deficit, except from free market supplies at shockingly higher prices. The enclosed letter should be self-explanatory.

May 25, 2004

The Honorable Zhou Xiaochuan

Governor

The People's Bank of China

No. 32 Chengfang Street

Xi Cheng District

Beijing, China

Post Code 100800

Dear Governor Xiaochuan:

I write to alert you to a grave economic harm that threatens not only the citizens of your nation, but also many world citizens. The harm comes from the damage to the world's silver producers and consumers caused by your Bank's policy of selling or leasing official government silver inventories.

For many years, the silver market has operated in a structural deficit, with consumption outpacing production, necessitating the draw down of world inventories in order to balance. According to respected international research firms, and confirmed by leading silver industry officials, and even the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission, your Bank has provided the vast majority of the inventories satisfying the silver deficit. It has been reported that your bank has sold or leased more than 300 million ounces of silver, since 1999.

Without the silver selling/leasing from your Bank, silver prices would have been much higher, since there were no other inventories available to be sold at the very depressed prices of the past five years. In fact, the People's Bank of China's selling has been below the world marginal cost of production, and has harmed producers of silver. This selling appears to meet the criteria for being classified as dumping.

Ironically, since silver is such a vital industrial material, it is likely that your country will, at some point, be buying silver for many times the price you are selling it at. I can think of no legitimate economic reason for your country to dispose of a valuable asset that was accumulated over many hundreds of years, in such a manner.

There is no doubt in my mind that your country was tricked into selling your silver at depressed prices, much like my country, the US, was also deceived into dumping billions of ounces. I know that your Bank's silver sales were not done with your full knowledge or approval. For the sake of your citizens I hope you still have a good amount of their silver remaining, unlike the US, which has none left.

If you investigate this matter, I'm sure you will find large international financial institutions behind the fire sale of your country's silver. I think you will perform a great service to your citizens if you look into and then terminate the unnecessary and uneconomic disposal of one of your country's most valuable assets, at give-away prices.

Respectfully yours,

Ted Butler

-- Posted 25 May, 2004

[Blockierte Grafik: http://news.silverseek.com/TedButler/investr.gif]

• gogh

Habe selbst keine St. Barbara Mining Aktien, und befasse mich auch sehr wenig mit dieser Firma. Einer Meldung vom 24. Mai, 2004 nach findet gerade ein Machtkampf um die Ablösung des erfolglosen Managements bei St Barbara Mining statt. Der Hauptaktionär Resource Capital Funds betreibt die Ablösung von CEO Miller, unter dem *SBM* in den vergangenen 2 Jahren zur am schlechtesten performenden Gold Minen Aktie an der australischen Börse geworden ist.

Heute ist SBM in Australien etwas gestiegen.

Gruss

ThaiGuru

[Blockierte Grafik: http://images.f2.com.au/cui/f2_network.gif]
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://www.theage.com.au/images/masthead_logo_small.gif]

http://www.theage.com.au/artic…/05/23/1085250866693.html

Calls for St Barbara Mines shake-up

http://www.theage.com.au/artic…/05/23/1085250866693.html

• [Blockierte Grafik: http://www.mineweb.net/pics/logo.gif]

http://www.mineweb.net/fast_news/325271.htm

Barclays gets gold fix seat

By: Gareth Tredway

Posted: '26-MAY-04 12:40' GMT © Mineweb 1997-2004

Barclays Capital, the Barclays Bank investment banking division, has bought the seat in the London Gold Market Fixing, vacated by NM Rothschild and Sons just over a month ago, says Reuters.

The amount paid for the seat was not disclosed, but analysts told the newservice that seats have been bought in the past for around £1 million. HSBC, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank and Scotia-Mocatta hold the other four seats.

Since Rothschild’s withdrawal on April 16, after chairing the fix for 84 years, it has gone through some radical changes. The fixing is now done twice daily over the telephone by the member firms. Previously, members would gather in the London offices to fix the gold price. The chairmanship will also be rotated annually, starting with Scotia-Mocatta from May 5.

Schriftgröße:  A A A A A