Thai Guru's Gold und Silber ... (Informationen und Vermutungen)

• Edel Man

Bezueglich Mondphasen bin ich kein Experte wie das nun genau auf den Goldpreis auswirkt. Ich weiss aber das die irgenwie einen Einfluss haben. Wir haben dieses Thema schon mehrmals besprochen und bei Vollmond die Woche danach gings meistens dann runter. Letzte Woche hatten wir wieder so einen Fall, anscheinend sind viele emotional und es gibt dann starke Schwankungen. Wie auch immer, ich schau mir lieber das an als in den Vollmond zu starren, beides kann Schwankungen verursachen. :D

• Offizieller Beitrag

Geht mir ebenso.

Aber dann doch eher mit steigender Tendenz. :]

"Die Märkte haben nie unrecht, die Menschen oft." Jesse Livermore, 20.Jh.

"Die Demokratie ist das Paradies der Schreier und Schwätzer, Phraseure, Schmeichler und Schmarotzer, die jedem sachlichen Talent weit mehr den Weg verlegen, als dies in einer anderen Verfassungsform vorkommt." E.von Hartmann

Dieser Beitrag ist eine persönliche Meinung gem. Art.5 Abs.1 GG und Urteil des BVG 1 BvR 1384/16

• Offizieller Beitrag

Schon lange nix mehr von Crystalball gehört!
    Wollte der nicht schon bei 94 o.ä.sein? :]

• Offizieller Beitrag

Zitat Crystalball am 10.10.05:

"According my predictions, the Dollar index should have reached $94 by the end of this week but it looks like for the short term, that may not be fulfilled after all. However, it will soon reach the $94 mark (probably in another few weeks)."

Auf die Propheten des Propheten ist auch kein Verlaß mehr. :D

Das läßt hoffen.

Grüsse

"Die Demokratie ist das Paradies der Schreier und Schwätzer, Phraseure, Schmeichler und Schmarotzer, die jedem sachlichen Talent weit mehr den Weg verlegen, als dies in einer anderen Verfassungsform vorkommt." E.von Hartmann

Dieser Beitrag ist eine persönliche Meinung gem. Art.5 Abs.1 GG und Urteil des BVG 1 BvR 1384/16

• Offizieller Beitrag

24.10.2005 CapitalUpdates

BREAKING NEWS: New Federal Reserve Chairman TBA. NBC News Reporting Bush to Pick Bernanke; Best Known for "helicopter money" ideology. GoldSeek.com's Dr. Cook on Bernanke, "..a mad Keynesian door gunner in a black helicopter, firing his printing press with abandon." :]

• speziell bei den Liabilities:

"Securities sold, not yet purchased" = 10,59 Milliarden USD ..
    Mit mehr als 10 Milliarden Leerverkäufen kann man schon etwas bewegen.

Schade nur, das nicht zu erfahren ist, was leer verkauft wurde.

Germoney

P.S. speziell für Aladin: (ich wollte auch mal ein Bildchen schmeissen)

• I Am Not Now, and Have Never Been, a PPT Member: Caroline Baum

2005-10-24 00:08 (New York)

(Commentary. Caroline Baum, author of ``Just What I Said,'' is a columnist for Bloomberg News. The opinions expressed are her own.)

By Caroline Baum
    Oct. 24 (Bloomberg) -- Nothing elicits more vitriol from readers than columns about conspiracy theories. Mention ``black helicopters'' or the ``plunge protection team,'' and your inbox will be inundated for weeks by folks venting their utter disdain and disgust at your pathetic naivete.

Over the years I've dismissed the idea of a plunge protection team (PPT), a cabal of select government institutions (the Treasury and Federal Reserve) and large investment banks (Goldman Sachs is always mentioned) that allegedly intervenes to support the stock market from time to time.

Imagine my surprise, then, when I learned quite by accident that I was a member in good standing of the PPT!

Readers alerted me to my new, exalted status, documented in a footnote of a special report by John Embry and Andrew Hepburn of Sprott Asset Management in Toronto entitled, ``Move Over, Adam Smith: The Visible Hand of Uncle Sam.''

The report, a collection of hearsay presented as research and given the veneer of credibility by copious references and footnotes, purports to present evidence that the U.S. government surreptitiously intervenes in the stock market. The evidence is hardly persuasive. For example, Embry dates the origin of the PPT to the Oct. 19, 1987, stock market crash. The following day, stocks mysteriously rallied.

Self-Interest

According to a Wall Street Journal article he cites, ``some knowledgeable traders'' speculated that the Major Market Index futures contract, a proxy for the Dow Jones Industrial Average, was ``deliberately manipulated by a few major firms as part of a desperate attempt to boost the Dow and save the markets.''

The buying had an outsized effect on the thinly traded MMI contract, raising the futures price to a premium over the underlying securities and prompting arbitragers to buy Dow
    stocks.

Well, whoop-de-do. On any given day, major firms buy securities to support their existing positions. There are folks who make a living capitalizing on the differences between cash and futures prices. And what's so unusual about a bounce after a 508-point slide? But in the eyes of the conspiracy theorists, this is evidence of a scheme to rig the markets -- not just stocks but gold, currencies, Treasuries and oil.

For the uninitiated, the origin of the PPT dates to the creation of the President's Working Group on Financial Markets following the 1987 stock market crash. The group, which includes the U.S. Treasury secretary, Federal Reserve chairman, chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission and chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, was formed to ensure the smooth operation of financial markets.

Roots

The first reference to the group as a plunge protection team appeared in a Feb. 23, 1997, Washington Post article by Brett Fromson. How the government's ``high-level forum for discussion of financial policy'' morphed into a worldwide market-rigging operation is anybody's guess.

Each of the agencies in the Working Group has a confidential contingency plan in the event of a financial crisis, Fromson reported. The SEC's includes maintaining a list of ``everyone's home and weekend numbers'' so that relevant officials, here and abroad, could be reached at any time. How positively quaint, especially when viewed from the Age of Blackberry.

Play Acting

The government isn't the only entity concerned about the worldwide implications of a national financial crisis. Following the near-collapse of Long-Term Capital Management in 1998, the Council on Foreign Relations conducted a simulation exercise, organized by Roger Kubarych, senior economic adviser at HVB America Inc., to determine ``financial vulnerabilities and their interconnections with broader economic, foreign policy and national security considerations.'' The results of the exercise were published by the CFR in Kubarych's 2001 book, ``Stress Testing the System.''

I attended the first meeting of the CFR's war-game exercise, which was a lively theoretical discussion of the issues. My participation is documented in footnote 72 at the bottom of page 24 of Embry's report. Had he called me, I would have been happy to tell him what went on, best as memory serves.

He didn't call or ask. I'm not a member of his club. (He clearly presumes I'm a member of the ``other'' club.) Conspiracy theorists stick together. They hang out on the same Web sites and chat rooms. They belong to GATA (the gold anti-trust action committee). They swap the same fish tales back and forth, with the stories acquiring respectability through frequent repetition among believers.

Null Hypothesis

When I called Embry last week to see if he had any hard data on the PPT -- he quotes a money manager who claims almost everyone on the floor of the various U.S. futures exchanges has seen the PPT -- he said, ``the weight of evidence, including continuous moves that make little sense, suggests that it exists.''

Besides, where was my proof, he wanted to know. The reason Embry can't support his theory with anything concrete is the government's ``utter lack of official disclosure
    of the market interventions,'' he wrote in the report. Well, I'll be. The government is rigging the markets, and officials don't have the decency to comply with Regulation FD.
    Shameless.

Before you e-mail me to say I couldn't possibly be as naïve as all that, take a deep breath. I don't challenge the notion of a PPT that manipulates the markets because I think the government is virtuous. To the contrary, most politicians, Republican and Democrat alike, bend the truth (lie).

Paper Trail

The reason the notion of a global cabal is so preposterous is that the paper trail would be too long. Too many people would have specific knowledge of the PPT's operations. Some concrete proof would have surfaced by now.

If the Fed were buying Standard & Poor's 500 futures contracts, the PPT's vehicle of choice, it would have to have an account. There would be a record of the transactions. There would be tax implications (oh, right, the Internal Revenue Service is in on it, too). There would be balance-sheet implications because the Fed's purchases would add reserves to the banking system. Some back-office clerk would monitor the account to ensure it has adequate maintenance margin. (``Say, who is this A. Greenspan?'')

If you were a $30,000-a-year clearing clerk who saw the trades from the market-support operations, why wouldn't you grab a multimillion-dollar advance from a publisher to expose the conspiracy? This is explosive stuff.

Still, I'd like to keep an open mind. Anyone who has first- hand knowledge of the PPT, please forward the evidence to me. If, on the other hand, you just want to vent, contact me at cbaum@PPT.gov.

--Editors: Dickson, Greiff, West.

Story illustration: To read the Sprott report, see
    http://www.sprott.com/pdf/TheVisibleHand.pdf.

To contact the writer of this column:
    Caroline Baum in New York at (1)(212) 617-3369 or
    cabaum@bloomberg.net.

To contact the editor responsible for this column:
    James Greiff at (1)(212) 617-5801 or jgreiff@bloomberg.net.

MIDAS comments:
    *Ms. Baum is more than hopelessly naive and close minded.

*She is so juvenile and trite, like most all the other financial market commentators on Planet Wall Street. Ms. Baum just had to fit in the "black helicopter" bit. It is as if they don't focus on this sort of denigration, their Orwellian masters will chastise them. Talk about insecurity.

*This is typical pabulum, rather than journalism in which the author would say these people claim something and then present others who say they are wrong and why. Not here. Just garbage. Always the same drill from the US and Canadian financial market press.

*John Embry explained to Ms. Baum if he would like some specifics on exactly how the PPT (and friends) operated, she should call GATA's Mike Bolser and he would explain it to her. I am told she spoke to Mike at length. I don't see his name mentioned anywhere. That alone tells us where she is coming from.

*This is the first time GATA has been mentioned by Bloomberg in over 7 years. That's an open mind for you ... fair and balanced ... right!

• October 24 - Gold $464.70 down $2.40 – Silver $6.65 up 2 cents

Helicopters Everywhere!

When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us. ----Alexander Graham Bell

Why am I not surprised? It’s Monday morning and the Orwellians wasted no time going into action. Gold is called down $2.60 and the S&P 3.5 higher. Gold was sent lower right from the get-go once trading began in Asia last evening. This follows the $6 Rule price-capping by the cabal on Friday after its unexpected, fairly dramatic surge.

Regardless of the manipulation antics of The Gold Cartel, it was not unusual for gold to sell off nearly $4 this morning as the run-up on Friday occurred on very light volume, catching most market participants by surprise. There were just no sellers for $4/$5 on the upside. Then, the cabal forces stopped the rally cold. They want to cover their shorts as low as possible, not force the market higher by buying on strength. Some "volume" was needed to trade today at lower price points.

A weakening dollar proved gold supportive as the US trading session wore on, that is until the announcement about a new Fed Chairman, Ben Bernanke. The spot euro made a low of 119.21 in overnight trading, then rallied steadily to 120.20, before being bashed back to 119.80. The dollar fell to 89.95, down 23, once again rejecting the 90+ level.

How ironic for Caroline Baum to come out with her sneer at the notion of a PPT and Gold Cartel on a day which substantially helps to prove our point. After the announcement of Ben Bernanke, the dollar rose (cut losses), the stock market soared and gold was knocked down nearly $4. The PPT and Gold Cartel pulled off a trifecta to perfection.

Seems as if The Gold Cartel covered what they could at lower levels on Friday to have some fresh ammo to stop the market today. Gold rallied from $4 in the hole to go up $2. However, once the new Fed chairman was announced, they leaned on it, sending the price down on the session. So predictable. Couldn’t have bullion close higher to spoil the party on such a rah-rah day for Planet Wall Street.

The gold open interest fell 5933 contracts to 335,513 which confirms the MIDAS analysis that it was The Gold Cartel who covered on Friday. This is bullish as we are not far from making new spot highs and the spec open interest is a little more than 35,000 contracts from its high. There is room for many tens of thousands to jump on board the long side and take gold up to $500 and beyond.

Bouncing off the low of the day has been characteristic of how gold has traded during the Comex session on the move up this year. For many years once gold went down for the day, it was for the count. The hope of it coming back up was virtually nil. This is a sign of a healthy, robust market despite the orchestrated lower close. While the contrived efforts of The Gold Cartel were too much in the end, the inherent strength in this market is very evident.

Helicopters Everywhere. We began the morning with Bloomberg’s Caroline Baum making the usual banal references to our camp (see Kiki Table), only to be followed by the nomination of Ben Bernanke as the new Fed Chairman. My two cents on BB:

*His most famous comment to date (as most of you well know) is the Fed can solve problems by dropping money from helicopters if it has to. Perhaps BB can use our experienced services and hire the GATA ARMY to help out at the right time.

*President Bush brought him into the White House as Chief Economic Adviser for a few months prior to this nomination. My take on that is he needed this amount of time to have Facts of Life inculcated as to what was to be expected should the President nominate him. Months of indoctrination to the PPT, Working Group on Financial Markets, Gold Cartel and Fed put operations was must training to be considered for the job….

Remarks by Governor Ben S. Bernanke
    Before the National Economists Club, Washington, D.C.
    November 21, 2002

Deflation: Making Sure "It" Doesn't Happen Here

… What has this got to do with monetary policy? Like gold, U.S. dollars have value only to the extent that they are strictly limited in supply. But the U.S. government has a technology, called a printing press (or, today, its electronic equivalent), that allows it to produce as many U.S. dollars as it wishes at essentially no cost. By increasing the number of U.S. dollars in circulation, or even by credibly threatening to do so, the U.S. government can also reduce the value of a dollar in terms of goods and services, which is equivalent to raising the prices in dollars of those goods and services. We conclude that, under a paper-money system, a determined government can always generate higher spending and hence positive inflation….

… A money-financed tax cut is essentially equivalent to Milton Friedman's famous "helicopter drop" of money.18

-END-

• For the last two weeks in my regular Thoughts from the Frontlines, we have been looking at inflation. In keeping with that theme, we turn to today's note from Stephen Roach, Chief Economist of Morgan Stanley, who talks about the nature of what he calls the New Inflation. I think this is one of the more important insights Roach has had among a career with many of them. We close with a few paragraphs on Alan Greenspan from Martin Wolf, who writes for the Financial Times in the US version of the London business daily. Wolf is a jewel of a writer and makes a subscription to the FT worth it all by himself. The Financial Times is now delivered daily in many cities. You can find out more by going to http://news.ft.com/home/us.

These two articles offer us different views of the inflation, asset targeting and the critical role of central banks. They do help us think Outside the Box.

And I should note, I have been writing for some time that I thought Bush would nominate Ben Bernanke as the new Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank. Now, we will see a lot of people critical of nominating a man who talked about dropping money from helicopters, but let me suggest to critics that they go back and really read that speech and some of his more recent ones. He did not really propose dropping money. It was tongue in cheek.

Bernanke writes and speaks in very clear terms, and I hope this fosters an era of a more transparent Fed. Which, I should note, Bernanke has argued for. I hope he does not adopt of policy speaking in opaque terms such that non one understands what he is really saying. I think a more open, transparent, collegial Fed board, with a very defined mission, would be good for the markets, rather than the guessing we all have to do now.

- John Mauldin

• Offizieller Beitrag

Dummheit oder Vorsatz?

Mrs.Baum nach dem Motto: War was? Ist Was?

Schriftgröße:  A A A A A