DRDGold Ltd. / DRD (NYSE, JNB) und die Derivate

• Analysts were unanimous [gleicher Meinung] on DRDGOLD, which closed down its Vatukoula gold mine in Fiji and experienced a temporary mill closure at it Tolukuma mine, was in for another unpleasant quarter. :(

DRDGOLD posted a 14% increase in gold output in the September quarter, but costs spiralled 26% higher to R121,000/kg.

“This quarter will be another disaster, I think,” Roelofse said. “Going forward, there’s just a question mark. Are we going to see a restructured company or will they be bought out, but we’re not seeing that in their share price.”

“The value in DRDGOLD is probably in someone buying it and doing asset stripping. There are parts of the company you can make money out of,” he said. These are the South African assets and its 20% stake in Barrick-operated Porgera in Papua New Guinea.
    http://www.miningmx.com/gold_silver/579387.htm

• [Blockierte Grafik: http://www.lustbox.org/bilder/12-2006/advent.jpg]

UPDATE 1-

S.Africa's DRDGOLD says Emperor Mines to restructure
    Thu Feb 1, 2007 6:10 AM ET

JOHANNESBURG, Feb 1 (Reuters) - South African miner DRDGOLD

<DRDJ.J> is considering moves to restructure Emperor Mines Ltd.

<EMP.AX>, in which it has a majority stake, and retire the unit's long term

debt, DRDGOLD said on Thursday. DRDGOLD also said it expects

Australian-listed Emperor, which operates the Vatukoula mine in Fiji, to

report a first-half after-tax loss of between $200 million and $230 million.

South Africa's fourth biggest gold producer said the strategic review

examined potential reconfigurations of mine and exploration assets at a

range of production levels, along with the attendant funding options.

DRDGOLD said it was concluded that Emperor should consider either

divesting from certain key assets or finding a suitable merger partner to

increase the value of its asset base.

......................................gekuerzt..............Quelle REUTERS

• Gogh, die Emperor und Droopy kann man als Schrottmine ansehen, gibts du mir hier Recht ?

Ich hau die kleine Position Drooy nun mit leichten Verlust raus bevor sie wertlos werden.

Ich schiebe das Geld in GFI die sehr preiswert ist im Moment.

IMA ist da ein besserer Zock als die alte Droppy.

Die ganzen Suedaffenminen bis auf GFI sind ein Witz, da kann man noch ewig warten bis der Rand faellt.

Fuer mich ist das ein Raetsel das der sich haelt bei dem Chaos hier.

Gruss

Eldo

• Schon schwach, daß das Restrukturierungskonzept immer noch nicht steht, obgleich das Gegenteil angekündigt war.

Dezemberquartal

letzter Schnaufer von Vatukuola: 9143 Unzen zu 978 $ Cashkosten,
    Tolukuma 11996 Uz zu 793$
    Porgera 23664 Uz zu 289 $

Ohne Vatukuola hätten die gemeinsamen Cashkosten bei 460$ gelegen.

Marktkapitalisierung von EMP inzwischen gedrittelt auf ca. 80 Mio USD.

• Radio Australia - News - Fiji mining company up for sale

[http://www.abc.net.au/ra/news/stories/s1841643.htm]

Last Updated 06/02/2007

Emperor Gold Mines has put its Fiji operations up for sale after 70 years of operating in the Pacific nation.

More than 1,700 miners lost their jobs last year when Emperor's Vatukoula mine closed its operations.

But Emperor's General Manager, Fraser Bouchier, says issues like higher fuel prices and the infrastructure and capital required have made operating the mine too expensive.

Emperor will report an almost $US155 million half-year loss.

Mr Bouchier says it would be easy to restart mining, but a company is unlikely to make any money unless things change significantly.

"So I would think they would probably come to the same conclusion we came to," he said.

"[There is] great potential but no-one's going to go in and start mining until you drill off and find out where the gold is and do a proper feasability study."

• Was ist bei Droopy los?

Gold UP und DRD auch up! ?(

0,86 +10,26%

Reserven Porgera um 0,26 Mio auf 1,88 Mios erhöht:

miningmx.com] -- PORGERA mine owned by Barrick Gold and DRDGOLD subsidiary Emperor mines has upgraded its mineral reserve by 1.3m oz since 31 December 2005, DRDGOLD said on Friday.

"Total Reserves have increased to 9.40 Moz of which Emperor's share equates to 1.88 Moz. This is an increase of 1.30 Moz over the December 31, 2005 Reserve after depletion. Emperor's share is 0.26m oz," it said.

Hoffentlich nicht nur durch höhere Preise.

• Z. Zeit nur etwa -3%.

Das ist doch gar nicht so schlecht für eine 77 US-Cent Aktie, die einen Quartalsverlust von über 30 Cent meldet. Naja, den Rutsch hat DRD schon hinter sich. ( Ohne die Abwertung von Vatukuola wären es nur 1,5 US-Cent )

Cashkosten

Porgera 396$ (Sep-Q 401)
    Toluma 826 (835)
    Australsas. o. V. 541$ (528 )

Vatukuola 1120$ (642)

Blyvoor 519$ (542)
    Crown 399$ (423)
    ERPM 644 (529)
    SA-Gesamt 505$ (503)

Gruppe gesamt 558$ (526$)

Erzielter Goldpreis 617$ (625)

Für Emperor ist immer noch keine Lösung gefunden, es wird aber stark der Verkauf von Porgera angedacht. Dann bliebe immerhin nur noch der Schrott.

• Schiet. Schon hat der Buchhalter Porgera verjubelt. [Blockierte Grafik: http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/boese/d015.gif] [Blockierte Grafik: http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/boese/d015.gif] [Blockierte Grafik: http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/boese/d015.gif]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.miningmx.com/cm_pic…_us/1559-0-0-0_455472.jpg]

DRDGOLD sells non-SA mines
    Allan Seccombe
    Posted: Wed, 28 Feb 2007

[miningmx.com] -- DRDGOLD’s 78% held Emperor Mines has found a buyers for its stake in Porgera and the Vatukoula gold mine, said CEO John Sayers, who said DRDGOLD favoured spending capital on three South African exploration projects and mines rather.

Analysts were less than impressed with the strategy, calling the 20% stake in Porgera a cash generator for the embattled company and questioned the wisdom of pouring more money into a deep-level South African mine called ERPM, where underground cash costs are $627/oz.

Pete Townsend, a gold analyst with Barnard Jacobs Mellet, said he struggled to understand DRDGOLD’s strategy of possibly wanting to get rid of Porgera, which was a major cash contributor, to focus on South Africa where costs are higher. X( X( X(

I really don’t see it helping you“I understand the financial constraints you’re in at Emperor but giving up Porgera, I really don’t see it helping you,” he said. X(
    http://www.miningmx.com/gold_silver/643718.htm

Zeit für mich, sich aus dem Desaster zu verabschieden.

• Weshalb Drooy seinen EMP_Anteile weiter haelt, hat

bilanztechnische Gründe. Es ist relativ leicht

die AK von EMP auf der Aktivseite der DRD_BIlanz beizubehalten.

Die Argumentationsschiene ist, das wird schon wieder

mit der Beteiligung EMP.

Nur darf Emp nicht pleitegehen. Deshalb verkauft EMP die PARGERO.

Wuerde DRD stattdessen EMP verkaufen, wuerde offenbar,

dass die AK nicht mehr erloest werden koennen.

Ganz so dumm war es nicht, den Buchhalter zum CEO zu machen.

Gruss

Gogh

• DRDGold's latest loss passes R1bn mark
    March 1, 2007

By Justin Brown

Johannesburg - DRDGold has posted a loss of more than R1 billion in the six months to December after writing off the value of its cash-draining Vatukoula mine in Fiji.

This compares with a loss of R43 million in the half-year to December 2005. Vatukoula incurred a loss of R146 million in the December quarter, while R783 million of the mine's value was written off.

The rest of DRDGold incurred a loss of R37.2 million in the six months to December.

The company shut down the Vatukoula mine in December because it was not economically viable. In October, Vatukoula's Philip shaft was hit by a series of problems, including the fall down a key shaft of a skip-cage, which carries ore and equipment.

The group reported its largest quarterly loss during the December quarter of R921 million, eclipsing the company's previous worst three-month loss of R554 million in the June 2002 quarter.

DRDGold sustained a loss during the September quarter of R80.4 million.

Stephen Meintjes, an Imara SP Reid analyst, said yesterday: "DRDGold's financial results make dismal reading all round." He added that he had not advised his clients to buy the stock for a long time, due to its problems and losses. DRDGold has not made an annual profit for the past six years.

In the December quarter DRDGold generated revenue of R549 million, compared with R575 million in the prior quarter. Bullion output fell 12 percent to 132 125 ounces.

DRDGold's group cash operating cost rose to $558 (R4 165) an ounce during the December quarter from $526 an ounce in the three months to September.

An analyst, who asked not to be named, said DRDGold's results did not look good, with output falling sharply and costs increasing. Technically the company was bankrupt and continued to sustain itself via the issuing of shares, he said.

Last year DRDGold issued shares for cash without making acquisitions, the analyst said.

As a result of the closure of Vatukoula, a strategic review was conducted of DRDGold's 78.7 percent held Emperor Mines, which concluded that Emperor should either sell off its key assets or find a suitable merger partner.
    http://www.busrep.co.za/index.…ionId=&fArticleId=3707171

Die Aktie war gestern fast unverändert -0,25%; Boden gefunden?

• DRDGOLD shares sink to 22-month low
    Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:25 AM GMT140

JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Shares in South Africa's DRDGOLD tumbled by nearly a fifth on Monday to the lowest levels in 22 months in a delayed reaction to news that the firm had issued 15.7 million more shares.

Shares in DRDGOLD, South Africa's fourth largest gold producer, slid by 18.6 percent to a low of 4.07 rand, the weakest since May 2005.

They recovered to 4.32 rand, a drop of 13.6 percent by 0850 GMT, compared to a gain of 0.38 percent in the gold mining index.

The company, which has been struggling with its mines in Australasia, said in a statement on Friday that it had issued more shares to pay back a loan facility.

The 15.7 million new shares account for 4.8 percent of the 329.3 million shares in issue as stated in the firm's quarterly results to end December.

The shares lost only 3.4 percent in Johannesburg on Friday, but the U.S. shares slid 7.2 percent.

"Because the U.S. market greeted it with such a negative view, it's just spilling over into our market," said an analyst in Johannesburg who declined to be named.

"This company is in a state. It needs to dig itself out of a hole and the hole just seems to get deeper," the analyst said.
    http://za.today.reuters.com/ne…RDGOLD-STOCK-20070312.XML

• Habe mich auch von dieser Neger-Company getrennt. Wahrscheinlich zum schlechtesten Zeitpunkt, aber diese Afikaner sind einfach extrem mühsame Menschen. Viel Pimmel und wenig Hirn :O. Kein Wunder, kann nix gescheites rauskommen dabei X(. Afrika ist für mich definitiv tot. Nicht mehr existent. Und zwar bezüglich jeder Hinsicht. Dieser Kontinent wird ab sofort ignoriert (nicht nur aus Investmentsicht). Ich kann es mir wirklich nicht vorstellen, dass in etwa 3 Jahren dort eine Fussball-Weltmeisterschaft stattfinden soll. Sicherheit? Organisation? Infrastruktur? Die haben doch keine Ahnung!

Immer diese:
    - Streiks
    - Unverschämten Lohnforderungen (+40%)
    - Unfälle wie einstürzende Schächte, Überschwemmungen, etc.
    - Immer geringere Fördermengen
    - Unfähigen Management (ist übrigens schwarz) und Mitarbeiter (auch schwarz), die nicht wissen, wie man Geld verdient!

Schriftgröße:  A A A A A