Juniors aus Kanada

• C.ardero Resources (CDU.TSXV/$3.68) - For some time I have been meaning to do a lengthy " perspective" piece on C.ardero, principally because it has two projects in its portfolio that I believe are not well understood. I may yet get around to this, but in the meantime, and in light of last week's selloff, at least a few words are in order. The most topical project in the company's portfolio is the Alisitos project, in Baja California and in joint-venture with Anglo American. This was a 70/30 deal (Anglo earning 70), but when the major was frustrated in getting a drill permit, the deal was recast, C.ardero became the operator, and the junior now has 40%, with the opportunity to increase this interest to 49%. If the current program meets with success and a world-class IOCG (iron oxide- copper-gold) deposit is the result, the restructuring of the deal could prove quite significant. I don't normally have high expectations for such an outcome, but this project has, on behalf of Anglo, been " blessed" by some of the world's most respected geological authorities, including the world's foremost authority on IOCG deposits (see Alert #329 - January 21 for a refresher on this subject).

The other project in C.ardero's portfolio that the market does not appreciate is the Peruvian iron sands project. A June 23 press release announced results obtained from Midrex Technologies, a wholly owned subsidiary of Kobe Steel Group, and these results were characterized as " very encouraging," which I believe understates the results of the recovery process at this early stage. These first results applied solely to magnetite recoveries, and additional testing is now focused on the recovery of titanium and vanadium from the sands that rise several hundred meters in places on this 32,000 hectare property.

The absence of public financings (read: no analyst coverage), a hefty market capitalization that discourages investor and analyst attention, and a near disdain for telling the company's story are among the reasons that C.ardero is not better known. I raise the issue of the iron sands project because, in a worst-case scenario in Mexico, this project has all the earmarks of a significant asset and should cushion any selloff in the wake of bad news coming out of Mexico.

For those who like to read between the lines and might interpret the preceding as cover-my-butt commentary, it is meant to be perspective, not an " I told you this might happen" caveat that I will be able to point to at a later date. On the contrary, at sub-$3 and slightly above, I have added to my position over the past six weeks, and am planning to ride my position through the current drill program. I first heard the IOCG story almost four years ago, liked it at that time, and have since visited the project. In June of 2004 I even sat in on a joint-venture meeting between Anglo American and C.ardero. With the first hole being spotted in close proximity to a shaft that has a production history of copper grades up to 30%, my expectation is that the first hole of the current five-hole program will not disappoint. The question is what will be in the others, and whether Anglo's modeling of a multi-billion tonne anomaly is well founded.

Drilling has now been in progress for a few weeks, and the company hopes to be in a position to report the first results in early November. Last week's selloff in CDU appears to be due to rumors concerning the state of the drill program, and the company will remain vulnerable to such influences between now and the receipt of the first drill results. As someone who knows management and other interested parties, my observation is that they are doing a very good job of keeping a lid on information. While this project may not be high on the market's radar screen, it is being closely watched by major mining companies, and the recent alteration of the deal percentages greatly enhances the possible outcomes in the wake of a discovery. Were I not in this one so early ($0.50), and perhaps more importantly, were a frivolous lawsuit not still hanging over the IOCG project, C.ardero would be a formal recommendation. Instead, consider the preceding an observation, some of my thoughts in advance of news to come next month. http://www.c.ardero.com.

Bob Bishop

• pascal1291

Würde Dir auf jeden Fall Miramar ans Herz legen.
    Bezogen auf Aladins Vorgaben würde ich sagen bei geringerer Risikobereitschaft NG.TO bei hoher Risikobereitschaft SRLM.PK

Ohne Gewähr ;( ;(

Grüsse

• Ich habe bis jetzt

GSS
    MGN
    CDE
    BGO
    NEM

Kann schon etwas Risiko dabei sein, da die anderen Titel nicht all zu risiko reich sind.
    Ich werde mit dem Kauf sowiso noch etwas warten, bis die Märkte noch etwas zurückkommen.
    Müsste allerdings Werte sein, die an der Amex gehandelt werden

• Offizieller Beitrag

Die 5 Juniors in meinem Depot nach ihrem Volumen,
    in absteigender Gewichtung :

CDU
    SSO
    FR
    MAE
    GAM

Zusammen 35%.

Grüsse

"Die Märkte haben nie unrecht, die Menschen oft." Jesse Livermore, 20.Jh.

"Die Demokratie ist das Paradies der Schreier und Schwätzer, Phraseure, Schmeichler und Schmarotzer, die jedem sachlichen Talent weit mehr den Weg verlegen, als dies in einer anderen Verfassungsform vorkommt." E.von Hartmann

Dieser Beitrag ist eine persönliche Meinung gem. Art.5 Abs.1 GG und Urteil des BVG 1 BvR 1384/16

• Tambok

War wohl nichts ausser Wunschdenken mit 473 USD.
    Trotzdem wieder gut erholt um die 470 Grenze.
    Silber war das Ueberraschungsei am Freitag.

Ich habe mich heute ein wenig umgeschaut, viel gelesen und gehoert. Also, falls der HUI auf die 220 geht besteht die Gefahr eines kurzfristigen 200-205.
    Vollmond am Montag, die naechste Woche wird wackelig. :rolleyes:
    Bei 210 oder schon bei 220 heisst es dann kaufen was das Zeug haelt .
    Leider voll investiert kann ich nur hoffen das die 225 halten und ein Absturz darunter von kurzer Dauer ist sonst ist mein Margin weg und bekomme Druck wenn es laenger dauern sollte.

Schoenes WE , hatte gestern 5 Wale in der Bucht die paaren hier in dieser Zeit und winkten mit ihren Flossen, vielleicht bringen sie mir Glueck.

XAX

These biggest mammals on earth are showing some superlatives:

the calves have an average length of 6 m at birth
    they are growing 3 cm per day
    they drink up to 600 liters milk per day
    whales can grow up to 18 m, adults can weigh up to 80 tons (average 50 tons)
    in the Antarctic they eat every day about 1000 kg copepods (crustaceans)
    males produce up to 500 liter sperm. 8o
    The increasing numbers of whales caused a huge boom in the tourist industry. The so called 'Whale Route' from Lamberts Bay at the west coast to Port Elizabeth in the east is very attractive for visitors from all over the world. It is said that Hermanus is the best location for land based whale spotting in the world. Since two years it is now possible to watch the whales from boats. But it is not really necessary to make a boat trip. Often the whales are so close to the shore that one can ask who is whatching whom? Humans the whales or the other way round.

• Eldo,

Wale in der Bucht und gleich 5 Stück, das ist was.

Am Meer mach ich am liebsten Urlaub.

Normandie, manchmal Bretagne. Unterschiedlich große Möwen gibt´s da. Wale Fehlanzeige.

Um 3 $ zu optimistisch. Ende nächste Woche Freitag aufgeholt auf 480;

vielleicht wieder 3 $ zu optimistisch. Davon gehe ich einfach aus

ohne Hintergrund.

Eine falsche Idee ist immer noch besser als garkeine. Im Ernst.

Gruss

Tambok

• Ich habe ganz vergessen,bin da ueber eine neue Mine drueber gestolpert und einen Einstieg gemacht am Freitag.

San Gold,(SGR.V) da gibt es auch eine Geschichte, bzw. Video davon.

Preiswerte Entree Gold (ETG.V) nachgekauft, der Nachbar von Ivanhoe :D

Mal schaun ob ich noch Goldrea (GOR.V) nachlade,da wird einige Werbung gemacht wie man am Freitag auch sehen konnte.

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_05/reser101405.html

Plus ein Video vom 18. Maerz 2005

http://www.smartstox.com/interviews/gor.php

Hier das aeltere Video von San, die hatten einen Merger mit Gold City im Juli.

http://www.smartstox.com/interviews/sgr.php

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hab mich von einem Teil der zu depotlastigen SSO/SSRI getrennt.

Dafür Wiedereinstieg in Goldcorp/G,nach deren Delle.

Hatte mich lange gewurmt, daß diese Superperle nicht mehr dabei war.

Grüsse

"Die Demokratie ist das Paradies der Schreier und Schwätzer, Phraseure, Schmeichler und Schmarotzer, die jedem sachlichen Talent weit mehr den Weg verlegen, als dies in einer anderen Verfassungsform vorkommt." E.von Hartmann

Dieser Beitrag ist eine persönliche Meinung gem. Art.5 Abs.1 GG und Urteil des BVG 1 BvR 1384/16

• Offizieller Beitrag

Aladin

In 1Jahr vergleichen wir wieder!!
    Die GG musste her,alte Liebe, und war nur Teil des Erlöses der SSO!
    Diese war mit 8,0 % des Depots viel viel zu schwer geworden.

GG hat den HUI weit outperformed und wird es weiter tun.
    (Bekomme den HTML-Chartvergleich nicht rein.)

Grüsse

Schriftgröße:  A A A A A