Petrobank Energy / PBG (TSX)

• Hallo Edel Man,

ich lese seit einiger Zeit in diesen Foren und bin von dem Informationsgehalt sehr angetan!

Mich interessiert Petrobank auch schon seit einiger Zeit und mich würde interessieren, ob die zu dem aktuellen PPS einen Kauf wert sind? Das Whitesands Projekt scheint ja gut voran zu schreiten...allerdings dümpelt die Aktie auch schon seit einiger Zeit rum und es scheint trotz aller Oil Price und ähnlichen News keine Phantasie in der Wert zu kommen.

Danke im Voraus!

FS

• Hallo Edel Man,

ich lese seit einiger Zeit in diesen Foren und bin von dem Informationsgehalt sehr angetan!

Mich interessiert Petrobank auch schon seit einiger Zeit und mich würde interessieren, ob die zu dem aktuellen PPS einen Kauf wert sind? Das Whitesands Projekt scheint ja gut voran zu schreiten...allerdings dümpelt die Aktie auch schon seit einiger Zeit rum und es scheint trotz aller Oil Price und ähnlichen News keine Phantasie in der Wert zu kommen.

Danke im Voraus!

FS

• Offizieller Beitrag

Willkommen im Forum,fs fra

Die Petrobank halte ich nach wie vor für eine der besten Aktien im Ölsandsektor!

Der Chart beweist relativ Stabililität im Gegensatz zu Schwergewichten wie COS,WTO oder CNQ,die zT sehr heftig einbrachen.

Andererseits scheint die Performance iA. etwas ausgereizt,besser gesagt PBG konsolidiert auch .
    Zzt. würde ich jetzt nicht kaufen ,aber den Chart für etwas später mal im Auge behalten...

IÜ. Danke für die Blumen. :]

Grüsse
    Edel Man

• Offizieller Beitrag

Willkommen im Forum,fs fra

Die Petrobank halte ich nach wie vor für eine der besten Aktien im Ölsandsektor!

Der Chart beweist relativ Stabililität im Gegensatz zu Schwergewichten wie COS,WTO oder CNQ,die zT sehr heftig einbrachen.

Andererseits scheint die Performance iA. etwas ausgereizt,besser gesagt PBG konsolidiert auch .
    Zzt. würde ich jetzt nicht kaufen ,aber den Chart für etwas später mal im Auge behalten...

IÜ. Danke für die Blumen. :]

Grüsse
    Edel Man

• Blumen?

Danke für das Chart - bin zwar kein Charttechniker, aber was dort zu sehen ist, deutet tatsächlich auf ein Warten hin...kein Problem - kann dann noch ein wenig Pulver sammeln...

Gruss,
    FS

• Blumen?

Danke für das Chart - bin zwar kein Charttechniker, aber was dort zu sehen ist, deutet tatsächlich auf ein Warten hin...kein Problem - kann dann noch ein wenig Pulver sammeln...

Gruss,
    FS

• Habe mal einen befreundeten Petrogeologen nach der THAI Technologio von Petrobank gefragt. Hier ein Ausschnitt des E-Mail Verkehrs - interessant!

Leider auf Englisch und laaang.....

First thing to say is that you need to understand this is a company dealing in what are currently known as “Unconventional Resources” = UR, i.e. either/or heavy oils & CBM (coal-based methane). Not every oil & gas company is involved with this sector, I’ll get on to why in a sec. However, strangely, (my company) are actually one of the major players, certainly in the States, & just improved their position by making two significant purchases. Next thing to bear in mind is that these investments (er, read: “gambles”) are huge & long-term, & from what I understand UR is particularly so. The good news is that the Recovery Rates (how much you get out for how much you find) are very high by industry standards; most conventional fields are lucky to get half out, while heavy oil might get 70%+ out. Now, the bad news….energetically, they are less clever. You sometimes need to put nearly as much in to get as much out. There are also some serious technical challenges, like excessive surplus water for CBM. And this is the real clincher – this makes them bloody expensive to extract.

Which leads me on to the two key parameters for any oil company:

Finding Cost (how much per barrel)
    Reserve Replacement Ratio (how quickly do they find new barrels)

Finding Cost for UR is something around $30-$35/barrel. Today’s Brent is $76. In 1998, when I was at IFP it was $8. You get the picture.
    This will undoubtedly come down though & this is potentially where this THAI Technology is interesting.

Am including the dialogue I set off among a couple of the very interllectual petroleum engineers I work with here & who have used this crazy technology before….. should give you a laugh if nothing else:

>Anyone else seen this?
    >
    >http://www.petrobank.com/ops/html/cnt_white_thai.html
    >
    >Am I mistaken here or are they setting the reservoir alight?!?
    >

RE: Strange, but might be very clever...
    >
    >
    >Yep, that's what they're doing. But you have to call it "exothermic viscosity reduction" or something equally jargonistic to get your SPE merit badge.
    >
    >I once worked (fortuantely briefly) on a West of Shetlands heavy oil which wouldn't move. The project manager had read his 'Ladybird book of reservoir engineering' and wanted us to look at building an offshore oxygen extraction platform and setting fire to the reservoir with the O2. Absolutely not an accident waiting to happen, at all.
    >

>Subject: RE: Strange, but might be very clever...
    >
    >Yes, they simply mention injection of “air” here. Now, again if I’m not too mistaken, ¾’s of “air” is inert nitrogen+nobles, a couple of % is water vapour & the rest is, well, ……O2.
    >
    >We’re still talking setting the reservoir alight if my GCSE Chemistry serves me correctly.
    >

>As J/C says, really it's just a modification of the old "fireflood" technology and yes you really don't need to inject pure O2.
    >In fact I understand that injecting air under pressure is enough to light up the reservoir quite nicely even without an ignition source.

>
    >Firefloods do have a bad habit of lighting up the production wells occasionally so we never considered them

• Habe mal einen befreundeten Petrogeologen nach der THAI Technologio von Petrobank gefragt. Hier ein Ausschnitt des E-Mail Verkehrs - interessant!

Leider auf Englisch und laaang.....

First thing to say is that you need to understand this is a company dealing in what are currently known as “Unconventional Resources” = UR, i.e. either/or heavy oils & CBM (coal-based methane). Not every oil & gas company is involved with this sector, I’ll get on to why in a sec. However, strangely, (my company) are actually one of the major players, certainly in the States, & just improved their position by making two significant purchases. Next thing to bear in mind is that these investments (er, read: “gambles”) are huge & long-term, & from what I understand UR is particularly so. The good news is that the Recovery Rates (how much you get out for how much you find) are very high by industry standards; most conventional fields are lucky to get half out, while heavy oil might get 70%+ out. Now, the bad news….energetically, they are less clever. You sometimes need to put nearly as much in to get as much out. There are also some serious technical challenges, like excessive surplus water for CBM. And this is the real clincher – this makes them bloody expensive to extract.

Which leads me on to the two key parameters for any oil company:

Finding Cost (how much per barrel)
    Reserve Replacement Ratio (how quickly do they find new barrels)

Finding Cost for UR is something around $30-$35/barrel. Today’s Brent is $76. In 1998, when I was at IFP it was $8. You get the picture.
    This will undoubtedly come down though & this is potentially where this THAI Technology is interesting.

Am including the dialogue I set off among a couple of the very interllectual petroleum engineers I work with here & who have used this crazy technology before….. should give you a laugh if nothing else:

>Anyone else seen this?
    >
    >http://www.petrobank.com/ops/html/cnt_white_thai.html
    >
    >Am I mistaken here or are they setting the reservoir alight?!?
    >

RE: Strange, but might be very clever...
    >
    >
    >Yep, that's what they're doing. But you have to call it "exothermic viscosity reduction" or something equally jargonistic to get your SPE merit badge.
    >
    >I once worked (fortuantely briefly) on a West of Shetlands heavy oil which wouldn't move. The project manager had read his 'Ladybird book of reservoir engineering' and wanted us to look at building an offshore oxygen extraction platform and setting fire to the reservoir with the O2. Absolutely not an accident waiting to happen, at all.
    >

>Subject: RE: Strange, but might be very clever...
    >
    >Yes, they simply mention injection of “air” here. Now, again if I’m not too mistaken, ¾’s of “air” is inert nitrogen+nobles, a couple of % is water vapour & the rest is, well, ……O2.
    >
    >We’re still talking setting the reservoir alight if my GCSE Chemistry serves me correctly.
    >

>As J/C says, really it's just a modification of the old "fireflood" technology and yes you really don't need to inject pure O2.
    >In fact I understand that injecting air under pressure is enough to light up the reservoir quite nicely even without an ignition source.

>
    >Firefloods do have a bad habit of lighting up the production wells occasionally so we never considered them

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ein weiterer interessanter Wert ist Petrobank Energy / PBG

Mehr verfahrenstechnisch orientiert, aber auch stark gedrückt.

Hatten wir öfter hier besprochen.

Grüsse

"Die Märkte haben nie unrecht, die Menschen oft." Jesse Livermore, 20.Jh.

"Die Demokratie ist das Paradies der Schreier und Schwätzer, Phraseure, Schmeichler und Schmarotzer, die jedem sachlichen Talent weit mehr den Weg verlegen, als dies in einer anderen Verfassungsform vorkommt." E.von Hartmann

Dieser Beitrag ist eine persönliche Meinung gem. Art.5 Abs.1 GG und Urteil des BVG 1 BvR 1384/16

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ein weiterer interessanter Wert ist Petrobank Energy / PBG

Mehr verfahrenstechnisch orientiert, aber auch stark gedrückt.

Hatten wir öfter hier besprochen.

Grüsse

"Die Demokratie ist das Paradies der Schreier und Schwätzer, Phraseure, Schmeichler und Schmarotzer, die jedem sachlichen Talent weit mehr den Weg verlegen, als dies in einer anderen Verfassungsform vorkommt." E.von Hartmann

Dieser Beitrag ist eine persönliche Meinung gem. Art.5 Abs.1 GG und Urteil des BVG 1 BvR 1384/16

• Offizieller Beitrag

Prima Link,danke fs_fra.

Hatte die schon aus den Augen verloren.
    War einer meiner Favoriten, aber schon lange nach Stoploss raus.

Mit schönem Gewinn; kann nicht oft genug betont werden, wie wichtig Stoploss heutzutage.
    Besonders,wenn man Aktien nicht jahrelang kennt und besser einschätzen kann.

Zu Deiner Frage : Der Chart ist grausam.Da würde ich eine DEUTLICHE Bodenbildung abwarten.

Es werden sicher erst merkliche Ergebnisse erwartet,die waren früh eskomptiert.

Grüsse
    Edel Man

• Offizieller Beitrag

Prima Link,danke fs_fra.

Hatte die schon aus den Augen verloren.
    War einer meiner Favoriten, aber schon lange nach Stoploss raus.

Mit schönem Gewinn; kann nicht oft genug betont werden, wie wichtig Stoploss heutzutage.
    Besonders,wenn man Aktien nicht jahrelang kennt und besser einschätzen kann.

Zu Deiner Frage : Der Chart ist grausam.Da würde ich eine DEUTLICHE Bodenbildung abwarten.

Es werden sicher erst merkliche Ergebnisse erwartet,die waren früh eskomptiert.

Grüsse
    Edel Man

• Hi Edel,

OK, meine Frage war wohl ein wenig "von Emotionen" beeinflusst :D

Bodenbildung abwarten sehe ich auch so - wenn ich mir die Chart so ansehe, würde ich denken, dass eine Bodenbildung so um die C$8 - C$9 passieren könnte.

Was denkste?

p.s. wie kann ich hier so ein chart einstellen?

• Hi Edel,

OK, meine Frage war wohl ein wenig "von Emotionen" beeinflusst :D

Bodenbildung abwarten sehe ich auch so - wenn ich mir die Chart so ansehe, würde ich denken, dass eine Bodenbildung so um die C$8 - C$9 passieren könnte.

Was denkste?

p.s. wie kann ich hier so ein chart einstellen?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nun ,eine Korrektur kann ohne weiteres 15-20 % unter die 200 EMA führen.

Auch sehr viel weiter,30% und mehr haben wir derzeit zB.bei einigen Gold- und Silberakten.

Einfach eine Umkehrformation abwarten.... ;)

Grüsse

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nun ,eine Korrektur kann ohne weiteres 15-20 % unter die 200 EMA führen.

Auch sehr viel weiter,30% und mehr haben wir derzeit zB.bei einigen Gold- und Silberakten.

Einfach eine Umkehrformation abwarten.... ;)

Grüsse

• Sieht ja alles gut aus - soweit 8)

PETROBANK ANNOUNCES THIRD QUARTER RESULTS AND
    CONTINUED SUCCESS AT WHITESANDS
    Calgary, Alberta – November 13, 2006 – (TSX: PBG, OSLO: PBG) Petrobank Energy and Resources Ltd.
    (“Petrobank” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce third quarter financial and operating results. The
    Company’s third quarter 2006 interim report, including financial statements and management’s discussion
    and analysis, is available on the Company’s website at http://www.petrobank.com, filed on SEDAR at
    http://www.sedar.com, and filed on the Oslo Børs website at http://www.oslobors.no.
    HIGHLIGHTS
    The third quarter results are highlighted as follows:
    • At our WHITESANDS project we began combustion operations and produced first
    oil from the world’s first THAI™ well pair, initiated the Pre-Ignition Heating
    Cycle (“PIHC”) on the second of three well pair and drilled five successful
    exploration wells on our oil sands leases.
    • The Company drilled 46 (40.5 net) conventional oil and gas wells in Canada.
    • Conventional production averaged 4,939 boepd in the third quarter of 2006, a 40
    percent increase over the comparative 2005 period.
    • Funds flow from operations increased 67 percent to $14.8 million.
    • Net income increased by 63 percent to $5.2 million.
    • In July 2006, the Company closed a new $120 million credit facility and used a portion of the
    proceeds to repay the remaining $50 million of 9% subordinated notes that were outstanding.

THAI™ combustion operations at WHITESANDS during the third quarter of 2006 continued to confirm
    the effectiveness of the THAI™ technology in our first well pair. Two additional key operational
    milestones were achieved in the third quarter with the initiation of the Pre-Ignition Heating Cycle
    (“PIHC”) on the second well pair and the shipment of the first produced oil from the project.
    Air injection and combustion was initiated on the first of the three project wells on July 20, 2006, and we
    have been continually injecting air into the vertical well of this center well pair. During the first three
    weeks of air injection, in-situ combustion ignition was confirmed as we measured various indicators of
    the combustion reaction, including significantly rising temperatures in the reservoir zone, production of
    combustion gases and rising horizontal well bore temperatures. This trend continued through the third
    quarter with recorded reservoir temperatures reaching as high as 800 degrees Centigrade. Combustion gas
    analysis consistently demonstrated a high ratio of carbon dioxide to carbon monoxide, indicating a very
    high level of conversion of oxygen, hydrocarbon gases indicative of thermocracking of oil in-situ, and
    free hydrogen generated from high temperature reactions, all indicators of efficient high temperature
    combustion. These data also suggest that we are upgrading the oil in-situ. We are very early in the process
    of building out the combustion front in the first THAI™ well pair and estimate that only approximately
    7,000 m3 of the reservoir has been affected by combustion at the toe of the horizontal well, which is less
    than one percent to total reservoir volume expected to be affected by combustion over the life of each
    THAI™ well pair.
    Since initiating THAI™ production operations, the gross production capability from the first horizontal
    well has consistently exceeded 1,000 barrels of fluid per day with the potential production capability
    double our initial forecast rate. High productive capacity has meant that we have had to manage
    operations to match well flow with current plant capability. The composition of produced fluids
    continues to be variable, consisting of a combination of condensed steam from the Pre-Ignition Heating
    Cycle (“PIHC”), reservoir water, bitumen, and sand. Bitumen production rates, while variable, increased
    over the quarter. During October we saw a significant rise in bitumen production and we produced
    approximately 4,000 barrels of bitumen. This production was not rateable on a daily basis since the plant
    facilities were not on stream for the entire period. However, during this period, when producing at high
    gross fluid rates, we experienced an average 30 percent bitumen cut. While facility bottlenecks and well
    and plant maintenance operations during the quarter reduced the ability to produce continuously and at
    the higher rates, air injection operations were not curtailed and have increased over the quarter, indicating
    an expanding area of combustion.
    Surface facilities have been able to handle a wide range of fluid rates and temperatures, however we have
    experienced facilities downtime and reduced production due to equipment commissioning issues,
    adjustments to manage higher than design well production capability, and sand production. These
    facilities issues necessitate ongoing operational adjustments and sand clean-out procedures in the surface
    facilities and the horizontal well. As reported previously, the produced sand is very fine-grained,
    indicating that a sand-bridging structure within the reservoir has yet to be fully established. This is most
    likely a result of our transition from the earlier steam injection operations to combustion operations, and
    may have been impacted by earlier horizontal well procedures at the beginning of the THAI™ production
    phase. While we expect the produced sand to be minimized as the combustion front expands and a
    consistent rateable flow regime is established, we are also enhancing our sand handling capability to
    minimize plant down time. These facilities modifications are underway and are expected to be in place by
    the end of November.

Schriftgröße:  A A A A A