Thai Guru's Gold und Silber ... (Informationen und Vermutungen)

• Paul van Eeden Commentary: :rolleyes:

Gold's 5% increase last week was generally attributed to escalating tension in the Middle East yet at the same time the Gold Fields Mineral Services (GFMS) Base Metal Index rose 7.8%. Base metals should not respond positively to war since wars destroy capital and cause misallocation of available capital, both of which in the end are detrimental to economic growth and prosperity. What gold and base metals are doing is signaling weakness in paper money. Gold is a monetary asset and protects its owners against the devaluations of fiat currencies only, and massive amounts of institutional money have been allocated to hard assets as a hedge against a decline in the dollar.

Between January and May this year the GFMS Base Metal Index rose 51% and gold rose 38% as institutional investors lay big bets that the US dollar is going to tumble. Those bets were placed on the premise of Japan ending its policies of quantitative easing and zero interest rates, which have been widely expected for almost a year now. With the Bank of Japan's new policy of transparency, the changes were announced well in advance of taking effect.

What is busy happening in Japan is far more important to the price of gold, the value of your house, interest rates, your job, and the value of the money in your bank account than what is happening in the Middle East.

Don't get me wrong; I am not downplaying the current Middle East violence. Personally I believe that the Third World War has already begun and that our lives are going to change dramatically over the course of the next several years as the War spreads and gains momentum. For starters you can expect further confiscation of your personal liberties, whatever is left of them.

This commentary, however, is not about liberty or war; it is about markets, money and gold. During previous wars and skirmishes the gold price seldom responded positively for very long. Any rally in the gold price due to conflict was usually (very) short-lived. So if the current rally in the gold price is merely due to Israel and Lebanon bombing each other, and fear that the violence will spread, then we should all sell into the rally for it will soon end.

On the other hand, if it has more to do with Japan raising interest rates for the first time in five years, marking the end of an era of yen-stimulated liquidity, then the rally could have legs (see last week's commentary for more on the yen and the yen-carry trade). The weakness of the dollar against the yen (one of the few currencies that the dollar was weaker against last week) can be directly attributed to Japan raising interest rates and not Middle East turmoil.

As I said, base metals have rallied spectacularly during the past six months and the sell-off that commenced in May has essentially been erased. Base metals are rallying again. Now, if war is in our future you can bet economic growth is going to suffer. Also, with the US, Europe and Japan raising rates we don't even need a war to take the wind out of the economy's sails.

But if the base metal bets were made on the premise that the dollar will weaken, what about traditional base metal demand? Slower economic growth and the end of the real estate boom will cause reduced demand for base metals and weakness in base metals prices. Copper has no business trading where it is. Neither do zinc, lead, nickel or many other metals. They became over-bought as institutional investors tried to find hedges against dollar weakness. Perhaps there is still so much institutional money out there looking for a hedge against the dollar that base metals prices will double again, but, being a contrarian, I would not want to bet on that.

Base metals prices are so far ahead of themselves that I believe there is substantial risk of a meltdown in that sector. Because institutional money seems to have been allocated across the spectrum of metals, I fear that a severe correction in base metals could drag the gold price down as well.

So what will happen first? Will the dollar collapse causing more money to be allocated to metals thus pushing metals prices even higher, or will base metals correct dragging gold down with them?

Paul van Eeden

• Mogambo sez: There will not be a Mogambo Guru newsletter next week, due to a confluence of an unforeseen family situation and my appearance at the Agora Financial Wealth Symposium in Vancouver. But this issue of the MoGu was extra long.

And don't look for one of those filler "Best Of" substitutes by publishers, because they have all looked, and there isn't a single issue that ever rose above the level of "awful and stupid," which I think says something more ugly about the people who publish or read the Mogambo Guru newsletter than it does about me.

So use the time wisely: Buy more silver and gold. ;)

http://worldnewstrust.org/modu…/article.php?storyid=3927

linar :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Der Großanleger und -Berater Monty Guild :
    Ist immer wieder zu überdenken,was und wo unsereins kaufen sollte:

Grüsse

http://www.jsmineset.com/ARhom…=&linkid=3795&T_ARID=3865

"....The question now is how to own gold and oil.

The best approach in my opinion is to own a combination of the physical commodity and mining companies. Among mining companies and oil producing companies I am sticking to the companies located in only a few countries.

In order to qualify, countries should welcome capital investment, new technologies and mining as a wealth building exercise. They should be politically stable and corruption should be under control.

My countries of choice include Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, India, Tanzania, the US, UK and Vietnam. Mexico and Peru are borderline.

In countries like Russia, Indonesia, Venezuela, South Africa and others with abundant resources the political system is too risky in my opinion...."

"Die Märkte haben nie unrecht, die Menschen oft." Jesse Livermore, 20.Jh.

"Die Demokratie ist das Paradies der Schreier und Schwätzer, Phraseure, Schmeichler und Schmarotzer, die jedem sachlichen Talent weit mehr den Weg verlegen, als dies in einer anderen Verfassungsform vorkommt." E.von Hartmann

Dieser Beitrag ist eine persönliche Meinung gem. Art.5 Abs.1 GG und Urteil des BVG 1 BvR 1384/16

• ...für COT-Interessierte X(

From Bennet Sedacca:

The CFTC (Commodities Futures Trading Commission) has indicated that they may stop publishing the COT (Commitment of Traders) report, pending input from the public by August 20th. Pepe wrote on this a while back and I use and have used this data with great success over the years. In fact, I usually Buzz each Monday and it played a HUGE role in me being out of stocks during the bear of 2000-2002.

full story: http://www.321gold.com/editori…dlock/shedlock072106.html

• Offizieller Beitrag

linar,danke!

Die Nebelwerfer werden immer stärker,sprich die Vernebelung der Börse!! X(

Silbertaler

Doppelt gemoppelt hält besser.(Sh.vor) :]

Grüsse
    Edel Man

"Die Demokratie ist das Paradies der Schreier und Schwätzer, Phraseure, Schmeichler und Schmarotzer, die jedem sachlichen Talent weit mehr den Weg verlegen, als dies in einer anderen Verfassungsform vorkommt." E.von Hartmann

Dieser Beitrag ist eine persönliche Meinung gem. Art.5 Abs.1 GG und Urteil des BVG 1 BvR 1384/16

• Hallo Edel Man,

danke für den link, also muss auf die Folien bei den Silber-Münzen & -Barren noch der Aufdruck:
    "Die EU Gesundheitsminister warnen: Silber stellt ihre Herzklappen auf Durchzug!"

Jaja, das kann ich bestätigen. Nur gut, dass man wenigstens nicht zugucken muss, sondern selber entscheiden kann, was man wann kauft & verkauft.

Quintessenz: Gold ist gut fürs Herz! 8)

Hmn. :rolleyes:

Kann man es dann vielleicht doch wieder von der Krankenkasse verschrieben bekommen?
    (Nachdem Zahngold ja mittlerweilen über zusätzliche Zahnergänzungs-Schutz-Versicherungen läuft) :D

Gruss,
    gutso

• Zitat

Original von linar
    ...für COT-Interessierte X(
    full story: http://www.321gold.com/editori…dlock/shedlock072106.html

Mein Gott. ...

Da hat er Recht der Herr Sedacca:

Zitat

Do I still live in America? Why must we be kept in the dark? So they can make a bigger mess without us knowing, I suspect - I hate being that cynical, but it sure feels that way. Maybe they should take my Bloomberg away and my Treasury quotes, turn off the lights and have me GUESS what to pay?

Schon der Wahnsinn, alles vor unseren Augen, VOR UNSEREN AUGEN.
    Die alten Meister des Illusionismus, Whodini & Goldin, wären neidisch, teilten sie unsere Erfahrung!

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.zauberzentrale.de/i…shots/zersaegtefrau_2.jpg]

Gruss,
    gutso

PPS: saugut. ... saugut.

• Barclays Launches Broad Commodities-Based ETF

By Jon A. Nones
    22 Jul 2006 at 10:05 AM EDT

St. LOUIS (ResourceInvestor.com) -- The firm that brought investors the world’s first silver-backed ETF iShares Silver Trust [AMEX:SLV] earlier this year launched on Friday yet another commodities-based investment vehicle. Originally filed with the SEC in July 2005, GSCI Commodity-Indexed Trust [NYSE:GSG] is now available to investors. But some analysts question the timing of the launch?
    ........Perhaps most important to note, is that oil makes up a total of 46.38%: U.S. crude at 31.45% and Brent crude at 14.93%. In fact, non-energy-based commodities only make up 25.77%..... :rolleyes:

full story: http://www.resourceinvestor.com/pebble.asp?relid=21840

• Da Jack 'JackieDoKnowNuthin' Chan ebenfalls ausserordentlich skeptisch ist,
    zeigen - nahezu - alle Kontraindikatoren 'green lights' . Ich häng mich mal
    ein bisschen raus und sag ganz einfach - THE CORRECTION IS OVER -
    buy it or keep off.

Chan's Editorial:
    Gold Stocks Are Breaking Down
    http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_05/chan072306.html

Gruss

Germoney

As a general rule, it is foolish to do just what other people are doing,
    because there are almost sure to be too many people doing the same thing.
    William Stanley Jevons (1835-1882)

• ... kann ja auch nicht mehr lange dauern ( Feb '07 ?)

Oder wollen wir bis 1000 EUR/oz. warten?

Gruss

Germoney

As a general rule, it is foolish to do just what other people are doing,
    because there are almost sure to be too many people doing the same thing.
    William Stanley Jevons (1835-1882)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Lustiger Kontraindikator!

Vermutlich erleben wir noch einige Zeit Seitwärtsbewegung mit grösserer Schwankungsbreite

Aber gut,daß Du nicht R.Russell mit einbeziehst,der ist nämlich sehr früh ins Bullenlager zurückgekehrt! :]

Da halt ich es etwa wie Harry Schultz:

"Milk the cow & feed the cow at the same time" :D

Sprich:Schlechte Werte raus,gute rein.
    Und immer mal zwischendurch Gewinnmitnahmen,auch wenn optimale Zeitpunkte nie ganz getroffen werden.

Grüsse
    Edel Man

• Gold Action #426

Dr. Clive Roffey
    Jul 24, 2006

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.321gold.com/editorials/roffey/roffey072406/3.gif]

........This is the GoldColony index of 50 junior mining stocks that have miniscule production and are primarily exploration, royalty and development stocks. They are the index of the wave 5 euphoria movement. For three years the index failed to move even though the gold price appreciated 50% from $300 to $450. But once above $500 these stocks started to kick in as their reserves became more attractive. The index has doubled over the past year as gold moved above $700. The current churning is directly associated with the machinations of the gold price but the long term prospects for this index are extremely bright. If this is the case it implies a much higher gold price. This index will not appreciate unless the gold price moves. In addition there appears to be a floor around $500 above which the reserves are of interest. The closer gold drifts back towards $500 the more dramatic will be the collapse of this index. But I do not anticipate this happening. This index will continue to accelerate the further the gold price moves above $700........

full story: http://www.321gold.com/editorials/roffey/roffey072406.html

• Offizieller Beitrag

Der etwas skeptische Steve Saville mit lustigen Kauflimits:

"....We'd be buyers of gold below $600; we'd be enthusiastic buyers of gold at $540-$570; and we'd be mortgaging the final 40 acres and putting the proceeds into gold at $510." :D :D

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/saville/saville072506.html

Lucky Friday

Ein Anhänger der Elliot - Finsterlinge mit ihren 420- 440$ Vorhersagen ist er auch nicht! :]

Grüsse
    Edel Man

• sie sind rein zufällig bzw. besser gesagt nur temporär.
    wenn man sich die korrelation zwischen s&p500 und gold ansieht bzw. die korrelation der tagesveränderungen, dann ist die korrelation mit einer periodenlänge von 100 handelstagen bei aktuell -0,13. das maximum in diesem jahr war mitte januar bei ca. +0,09.

ok jetzt kann jemand sagen die tagesveränderungen sind nicht so aussagekräftig da es ja sein kann, dass heute der dax fällt und morgen das gold hinterher. ok also hab ich noch die wochenveränderungen genommen und deren korrelationen auf sicht von 3 monaten ausgerechnet. in der tat liegt deren korrelation aktuell bei ca. 0,47. allerdings ist das weder historisch ungewöhnlich, noch wird das lange so hoch bleiben. die letzten 33 jahre hat diese korrelation regelmäßig zwischen ca. -0,4 und ca. +0,4 geschwankt, ab und zu ist sie mal bis -0,5 oder +0,5 gegangen. aber immer waren hohe werte wie 0,4 oder 0,5 nach ein paar monaten wieder ins negative abgetaucht. die grafik zeigt dies. ich erwarte also dass wir auch diesmal in 3-4 monaten wieder negativ sind. denn wieso sollte dieses schwanken plötzlich aufhören?

• Zitat

Original von HIghtekki
    (...)
    sie sind rein zufällig bzw. besser gesagt nur temporär.
    wenn man sich die korrelation zwischen s&p500 und gold ansieht bzw. die korrelation der tagesveränderungen, dann ist die korrelation mit einer periodenlänge von 100 handelstagen bei aktuell -0,13. das maximum in diesem jahr war mitte januar bei ca. +0,09.

ok jetzt kann jemand sagen die tagesveränderungen sind nicht so aussagekräftig da es ja sein kann, dass heute der dax fällt und morgen das gold hinterher. ok also hab ich noch die wochenveränderungen genommen und deren korrelationen auf sicht von 3 monaten ausgerechnet. in der tat liegt deren korrelation aktuell bei ca. 0,47. allerdings ist das weder historisch ungewöhnlich, noch wird das lange so hoch bleiben. die letzten 33 jahre hat diese korrelation regelmäßig zwischen ca. -0,4 und ca. +0,4 geschwankt, ab und zu ist sie mal bis -0,5 oder +0,5 gegangen. aber immer waren hohe werte wie 0,4 oder 0,5 nach ein paar monaten wieder ins negative abgetaucht. die grafik zeigt dies. ich erwarte also dass wir auch diesmal in 3-4 monaten wieder negativ sind. denn wieso sollte dieses schwanken plötzlich aufhören?

Hallo HIghtekki!

Gute Idee das mal optisch abzubilden, sehr gut!

Mir fällt spontan, wenn überhaupt, nur eine Verbesserung ein, wo man statt den S&P & Gold die Kurven nach einem jeweiligen Median-Filter (ok als erster Test müsste der gleitende Durchschnitt auch gehen) nochmals zueinander korreliert darstellt.

Evtl sieht man dann bestimmte zyklische Aufs & Abs, wo die Korrelation mal höher & dann wieder niedriger war, noch schöner.

Jedenfalls danke, gut so etwas einmal etwas weiter gehender zu durchdenken ... .

Gruss,
    gutso

PPS: Beim Master of Longterm Charts, ZEAL, habe ich heute nachmittag einen super gemachten Artikel über die Frage "Deflation oder Inflation?" vom 1.8.2003 gefunden, Zucker, sage ich Euch, sorry, wers schon kennt. Aber das ist einfach aktuell, wie eh & je. ...
    Und nicht immer muss nur das Neueste auch das Interessanteste sein.

Kurz zur Erklärung des von mir dem Artikel entnommenen & hier geposteten Chart, ein Zitat:

Zitat

The CPI itself is graphed on the left axis in blue, while the right axis shows the annual rate of change in this CPI rendered in red. When general price levels are rising, indicated by a positive CPI YoY change, the red line is above the thick gray zero-CPI-growth line. Conversely falling general price levels are noted when the CPI YoY change falls negative.

• und jetzt soll niemand sagen in europa wäre es anders. M3 hat im mai gegenüber vorjahr um knapp 9% zugenommen. abzüglich 1% wachstum macht 8% inflation.

in den usa ist die geldmenge M3 seit 1973 um ca. 1500% gestiegen (so pi mal daumen). der goldpreis aber nur um ca. 900%. selbst wenn man miteinrechnet, dass auch die goldmenge jedes jahr um ca. 1% steigt hätte der goldpreis von der sichtweise von menge M3 vs. goldmenge noch etwas potenzial. berücksichtigt man nun noch, dass das gold ja vorher an den $ gekoppelt war, hätte es noch mehr nachholbeadrf. z.b. hat sich M3 seit 1960 ca. ver-30-facht. der goldpreis aber nur ver-18-facht. irgendwo zwischen 800 und 1000 sollte also ein realistischerer wert liegen. zieht man dann noch in erwägung, dass die nachfrage nach gold unabhängig vom angebot an $ angestiegen ist, käme man auf noch höhere werte und natürlich steigt der 'angemessenere wert' jedes jahr um weitere 8-10%.

• Hallo HIghtekki,

und beim Silber kommt ja noch dazu, dass es die ganze Zeit über als Industriemetall einem stärkeren Verbrauchsschwund unterlag & weiterhin unterliegen wird. ... :]

Eigentlich alles ganz einfach ... . Man muss also nur abwarten können.

Gruss,
    gutso

PPS: And it burns burns burns ... . (Ist wahrscheinlich nodollars Oma :D ... . )

Schriftgröße:  A A A A A