Uranaktien: Minen, Explorer, Produzenten, Anwender

• ...ob man dem Braten trauen darf ?) Volumen sind ziemlich hoch 8)
    UUU.TO1:24PM ET3.78[Blockierte Grafik: http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/fi/03rd/up_g.gif] 0.48[Blockierte Grafik: http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/fi/03rd/up_g.gif] 14.55%
    UEX.TO1:23PM ET3.07[Blockierte Grafik: http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/fi/03rd/up_g.gif] 0.32[Blockierte Grafik: http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/fi/03rd/up_g.gif] 11.64%
    PDN.TO1:23PM ET5.20[Blockierte Grafik: http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/fi/03rd/up_g.gif] 0.82[Blockierte Grafik: http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/fi/03rd/up_g.gif] 18.72%
    DML.TO1:23PM ET6.59[Blockierte Grafik: http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/fi/03rd/up_g.gif] 1.29[Blockierte Grafik: http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/fi/03rd/up_g.gif] 24.34%
    FRG.TO1:21PM ET3.24[Blockierte Grafik: http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/fi/03rd/up_g.gif] 0.55[Blockierte Grafik: http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/fi/03rd/up_g.gif] 20.45%

...nebst vielen andern :) tja - dann hoffen wir mal wieder ;)

linar :)

• Sie covern verzweifelt!
    Die nordamerikanischen Verbrecher!

Warum wohl? :D

Bis sie später wieder Lemminge köcheln. :thumbup:

Los Desperados!

• Offizieller Beitrag

...ob man dem Braten trauen darf ?) Volumen sind ziemlich hoch 8) (....)
    ...nebst vielen andern :) tja - dann hoffen wir mal wieder ;)

linar :)

Tja, mmmh.
    Gut gesehen, linar.
    In der Tat ein bemerkenswerter Tag, noch einige Promis über 20 %, zB. LAM +22 %.

"Eine Schwalbe macht noch keinen Sommer." ;)

Die Gründe noch nicht recherchiert, aber vieleicht beflügelt die mögliche Wende bei den Edelmetallen.
    Sollten wir nachhaltig verfolgen, denn überall ist erhebliche Luft "nach oben." :)

Grüsse

"Die Märkte haben nie unrecht, die Menschen oft." Jesse Livermore, 20.Jh.

"Die Demokratie ist das Paradies der Schreier und Schwätzer, Phraseure, Schmeichler und Schmarotzer, die jedem sachlichen Talent weit mehr den Weg verlegen, als dies in einer anderen Verfassungsform vorkommt." E.von Hartmann

Dieser Beitrag ist eine persönliche Meinung gem. Art.5 Abs.1 GG und Urteil des BVG 1 BvR 1384/16

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Edel Man ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Mal was für den leicht angestaubten U Thread ^^

So viel Cash ist fesch !!

"...The way things are shaping up, Cameco is going to have to do a lot more acquisitions. Cameco has very few new sources of uranium to mine.

The key thing here is Cameco has the deep pockets to solve the problem. At the end of last year, Cameco had more than $1 billion of cash, receivables, and inventory ready to be liquidated. It also generated more than $800 million in cash flow from operations in 2007. All together, that’s plenty of cash to fund a shopping spree across uranium exploration companies.

The deal with GoviEx is likely just one of what I’m sure is many more to come. Cameco has to go shopping and it could spark some interest in the top tier uranium exploration companies. For instance, one takeover candidate is Hathor Exploration (TSXV:HAT) which will eventually be bought out by one of the major uranium mining companies. ..".

http://www.uraniumseek.com/news/UraniumSeek/1220376661.php

Grüsse

"Die Demokratie ist das Paradies der Schreier und Schwätzer, Phraseure, Schmeichler und Schmarotzer, die jedem sachlichen Talent weit mehr den Weg verlegen, als dies in einer anderen Verfassungsform vorkommt." E.von Hartmann

Dieser Beitrag ist eine persönliche Meinung gem. Art.5 Abs.1 GG und Urteil des BVG 1 BvR 1384/16

• Übernahmegerüchte bei Uranium Resources Inc. (URRE) - produzieren in Texas, Kurs +55%. Hoffe es sind nicht nur Gerüchte. Ich hab sie nicht, aber umso mehr Übernahmen stattfinden umso schneller kommt der Sektor endlich ans laufen.

WJB Capital hat kürzlich seine Kunden empfohlen Calls von Cameco zu kaufen, da sie einen Uranpreis von bis zu 148$ erwarten (Quelle: Barron´s) Gründe waren hauptsächlich die steigende Nachfrage.

Grüße

• Nachtrag zu gestern. Grüße

Sept. 3 (Bloomberg) -- Uranium Resources Inc. is sitting on as much as $7 billion worth of the radioactive mineral and may become a takeover target after the shares plunged 83 percen this year, along with the fuel's price.

The Lewisville, Texas-based company has proven uranium reserves in the state of about 800,000 pounds, plus an estimated 101.4 million pounds of the material in New Mexico, according to a regulatory filing. The deposits could power the world's 438 active nuclear-generating plants for a year.

David Dreman, 72, who oversees $13.7 billion as chairman of Jersey City, New Jersey-based Dreman Value Management LLC, bought 51,060 shares this year, boosting his stake to 4.5 percent. The company's biggest investor, Zesiger Capital Group LLC, also increased holdings, according to regulatory filings. ``Uranium Resources is one of the cheapest uranium stocks out there right now, given its assets,'' said Mark Roach, who runs Dreman's $1.8 billion DWS Dreman Small Cap Value Fund. An increase in nuclear power's appeal as a clean-energy source may raise the company's profile as an acquisition target, he said.
    The shares, which reached a record closing price of $14.02 on Nov. 6, closed at $2.18 in Nasdaq Stock Market composite trading yesterday. They may be worth $20 each, based on past acquisitions of companies with similar reserves, said Peter Homans, a hedge-fund manager with Parkman LP in Boston. The fund owns the shares, he said.

`Meaningful Upside'

Uranium Resources rose $1.02, or 47 percent, to $3.20 at 4:29 p.m. for the biggest gain since Sept. 26, 2003. The stock was the biggest gainer on the Russell 2000 Index today. ``From my perspective, the company has 100 million pounds of proven reserves, which is more than any other American company,'' Homans said. ``The contract price for uranium is somewhere around $70. Multiply that by 100 million and you have a present value of $7 billion. For a stock whose market cap is $100 million, there's meaningful upside.''

Calls and e-mails to Bobby Winters, a managing director at Zesiger in New York, weren't returned. The firm owned 14.2 percent of the shares as of June 30, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Uranium Resources trades at half the price of Canadian competitors based on the value of its reserves, analyst Paul Stouse at Rice Voelker LLC of Covington, Louisiana, said in an interview.
    Saskatoon, Canada-based Cameco Corp. might acquire the company to strengthen its position as the world's biggest uranium miner, Roach said. Cameco doesn't comment on acquisition targets before investors are informed, spokesman Gord Struthers said. ``However, we are looking for ways to expand our production and have said we're in a growth mode,'' he said. ``It's a small industry; we've probably talked with every company out there.''

Unexplored Land

Uranium Resources produced 417,000 pounds of the mineral in 2007 and 196,900 through the first half of this year, the company said. By 2014, new and existing mines in Texas may yield as much as 2 million pounds annually, Chief Executive Officer David Clark, 53, said in a presentation June 4. As much as 9 million pounds may be mined in New Mexico, Clark said. The company also owns 183,000 acres in New Mexico, 70 percent unexplored, Clark said. As much as 588 million pounds of uranium may be found in the state, he said.
    ``We plan to become a 10-million-pound-a-year producer,'' Clark said in an interview. ``We have some of the largest reserves in the largest reserve area in the country, in the largest uranium-consuming country in the world.''

Uranium Resources has declined 80 percent since the end of June 2007 as the mineral's price slid by about half from a record $138 a pound. Selling by hedge funds and speculators, who had bet prices would rise with oil, accounted for the drop, said analyst Eric Webb of Roswell, Georgia-based Ux Consulting Co.

Mill Purchase

Dropping prices forced the company to abandon an acquisition of a mill in New Mexico after the deal became too expensive, Clark said. Scrapping the plan was a disappointment to some investors because it delayed production in New Mexico, Homans said. The company won't meet a forecast of 400,000 pounds of uranium production this year because of aging properties and difficulties extracting the mineral from the Rosita mine in Texas, Clark said in a conference call with investors Aug. 11.
    Uranium Resources sold stock at a discount in a private equity offering in May to raise money for exploration and well repair. The sale angered some investors as it diluted the value of their stakes and didn't help save the mill purchase, Homans said. ``The falling price of uranium has taken its toll,'' Clark said in an interview. ``We don't have the same level of interested investors as we had a year ago, but we have seen a rotation to people interested in the long-term fundamentals of the market and those fundamentals remain strong.''

Uranium Demand

Atomic reactors consume about 165 million pounds of uranium worldwide annually. Only 110 million pounds are produced each year, according to the World Nuclear Association, a London-based industry group. The remaining 55 million pounds come from gradually declining sources, including former weapons material. Those stores are forecast to run out by 2013. The number of reactors may expand to 740 worldwide by 2030 as China and India build new plants and other countries increase their use of atomic energy, the association said.

Primary uranium supplies would have to triple by that date to meet predicted demand, the association said. New producers will be needed or current suppliers will have to add capacity through acquisitions, said Justin Reid, a mining analyst at Cormark Securities Inc. in Toronto.

Navajo Land

Uranium Resources has been unable to extract ore from a section of its 2,200-acre Church Rock property in New Mexico because of a dispute over the authority to issue a mining permit. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency ruled last year that the Navajo Nation and not the state has jurisdiction, the company said in a statement. It could begin producing 1 million pounds of uranium a year within the next 18 months if an appeal is successful, the company said. The case will continue if the court sides with the EPA.
    The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit in Denver may rule in the next three to six months, Homans said. ``These are just bumps in the road,'' Roach said. ``The company is an asset play and management is doing all of the things it should to build shareholder value. Wait for uranium prices to recover. This will be a stock to own.''

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/…0601103&sid=a.KnXOH_nlOc#

• Offizieller Beitrag

...mit Chartvergleich 5 großer Produzenten, der das ganze Elend dieses Sektors widerspiegelt. ;(

The uranium price remains flat and share prices continue to fall, but there may be some glimmers of good news in the market.

LONDON (ResourceInvestor.com) -- The spot uranium price has remained unchanged at $64.50/lb for nine weeks in a row, according to uranium consultants Trade Tech.
    Nonetheless it noted in its latest weekly report that spot demand,
    which had been extremely weak throughout August and the first days of
    September, has finally showed some signs of life though buyers have
    remained highly price resistant. The long term contract price, while
    down from its peak of $95/lb is still robust compared to the spot price.

However share prices in uranium companies have continued to fall with many
    companies 50% or more off their 12 month highs. Shares in the major
    pure-play uranium producers are mostly down in the year to date......

http://www.resourceinvestor.com/pebble.asp?relid=46053

Grüsse

• Wenn überhaupt noch wer Uranminen kaufen möchte, dann auf jedenfall und nur Produzenten.
    Alles was erst nach 2010 in Produktion geht ist aus heutiger Sicht verdammt.

Ich selbst habe nur noch UUU alles andere Yellowcake in meinem Depot was noch da war wurde in Q2 liquidiert mit Verlust. Wirklich gewonnen hatte ich nur mit der EMC, wo ich vor der Übernahme die Hälfte verkauft habe und eben mit XE, was wohl Glück war.

Schon krass wenn man mal bedenkt wie vor einem Jahr hier die Party abging und alle und jeder Junio/Explorer nur gewinnen konnte.
    Ich selbst war ja megabullish für Uran und so hat es mich böse erwischt. Ich hab mal in dem Thread geschaut, ab wann sich meine bullishness anfing mit Zweifeln zu mischen und fand den Posting vom 1. April

Zitat

Respekt!
    Noch habe ich auch paar so Halbleichen, aber Buchverlust ist eben kein Realverlust.
    Aussitzen - Liquidieren - Aussitzen - Liquidieren ..... Alkohol

Aussitzen oder Liquidieren, dass war dann die nächsten Wochen und Monate mein Zwist.
    Edel du hattest jedenfalls recht mit Stopp Loss, ich wusste es, wollte es aber nicht wahrhaben, dass es noch tiefer als tief hier geht.

Shit happens .. that´s life

Nun bleibt also UUU drin bis zum bitteren Ende.

ps: Laut Faber steht die Weltrezesion vor der Tür und der mittelfristige Ausblick für Commodities ist äusserst negativ.

• Offizieller Beitrag

(....)
    Edel
    du hattest jedenfalls recht mit Stopp Loss, ich wusste es, wollte es
    aber nicht wahrhaben, dass es noch tiefer als tief hier geht.

Shit happens .. that´s life

Joooo ^^
    Hat ja Gründe, warum ich hier so rar seit geraumer Zeit bin:
    Aus allem hier lange heraussen.
    Unbegreiflich im Nachhinein, mit CXX enormen Profit gemacht zu haben.
    Selbst mit STM und FRG brauchbaren.....

Wenn ich alles konsequent gehandhabt hätte, besäße ich keine Rohstoffaktie mehr.
    Halt : Eine meiner Favoriten, Ölsandproduzent PBG, ist turmhoch im Plus.
    Aber aus Anhänglichkeit tummeln sich noch -- ganz wenige PM Minen --im Depot.

Grüsse
    Edel Man

• Hallo Edel, hab grad Deinen kritischen Beitrag zu den ETFs gelesen und finde eben heraus , das Uraninvestmentfonds Nufcor auch verleiht. Wozu?????? Und dazu das Bild mit den Bankschließfächern. :thumbdown: Grüße

http://www.proactiveinvestors.…asset-valuation-2938.html

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Nufcor Uranium climbs on net asset valuation

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.proactiveinvestors.…ank_350_48c7b69724c93.jpg
    Nufcor
    Uranium, the long term investment fund focused on acquiring and holding
    uranium, climbed higher this morning after full year results for the
    year ended 30 June 2008 reaffirmed the company’s net asset backing.

Highlights
    for the year included income of US$4.2 million - from lending out its
    uranium stockpiles to third parties
    - and a loss of $33.4 million –
    primarily due to impairment charges made against the value of its UF6
    holdings. Net asset value per share came in at 212 pence.

Nufcor
    Uranium admitted that its second year of life had been a ‘particularly
    difficult’ one, with the spot price of uranium falling from $136/pound
    to $57/pound, which hit the net value of its inventory. Nonetheless,
    the company said it still believed in the ‘fundamental circumstances’
    surrounding the uranium market and its relationship with the nuclear
    power industry, which is projected to expand significantly in coming
    years and emerging countries, like China and India, commit billions to
    new plants to meet demand.

“With regard to demand, global
    nuclear reactor growth continues to gain momentum, and certain
    countries have indicated an interest in acquiring strategic reserves of
    uranium to support nuclear power programmes in the future. On the
    supply side, uranium from secondary sources remains a finite supply,
    and there continues to be widespread problems in the uranium mining
    industry in respect of both existing and new mine sources of uranium.”

Shares in Nufcor Uranium climbed 6% to 202 pence.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ja, bobelle....

Paßt nahtlos zu dem heute Erörterten:

Insbesondere die Jungs drüben zeigen uns, was Wertpapiere sind: PAPIERE !! :huh:

Mit oft fragwürdiger Deckung der Verprechen....

Grüsse

• Cameco seen takeover-proof despite Canada proposal

TORONTO (Reuters) - Prime Minister Stephen Harper's pledge to lift foreign ownership restrictions in the uranium sector could lead to takeovers among small players, but Cameco Corp (CCO.TO: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) is likely to remain takeover-proof, the company and analysts said on Friday.
    Lifting such restrictions could allow more cross-border takeovers, but Cameco, the top uranium producer, is protected by separate legislation, analysts said.
    Harper said a reelected Conservative government would lift foreign ownership restrictions in the sector from the current limit of 49 percent, provided other countries involved also open up their markets.
    Under Saskatchewan law, the company is forced to maintain its head office in the province, while separate federal legislation dating back to Cameco's merger with the federally owned Eldorado Nuclear Ltd in 1988 caps foreign voting ownership at 25 percent. "It's our understanding (Harper's proposal) would not apply to that legislation," Cameco spokesman Lyle Krahn said.
    The proposal follows recommendations made in June by a federally appointed panel that had input from the industry. Krahn said Cameco supports Harper's plan.
    Canadians will go to the polls on Oct 14.
    http://www.reuters.com/article…AN1248200220080912?rpc=44

• 15.09.2008 | 14:45 Uhr | Rainer Hahn (EMFIS)
    RTE
    Stuttgart - (http://www.rohstoffe-go.de) - Die Internationale
    Atom-Energie-Agentur (IAEA) gab am Donnerstag ihre neuesten Erwartungen
    für die Stromproduktion aus Kernkraft heraus. Bis zum Jahr 2030 werde
    demnach die Produktion von Strom aus Kernkraftwerken um rund das
    doppelte ansteigen. Derzeit würden rund 372 Giagwatt Strom aus
    Kernkraft generiert. In 20 Jahren dürfte dieser Wert auf 748 Gigawatt
    ansteigen, würden alle staatlichen Vorhaben weltweit umgesetzt. Dazu
    zählten auch 45 Kernkraftwerke in den USA, die umgesetzt werden
    könnten, falls der republikanische Präsidentschaftskandidat John McCain
    die November-Wahl gewinnen würde.

Für die Herstellung von einem Gigawatt Strom verbraucht ein
    Kernkraftwerk rund 500.000 Pound Uran. Würde die Prognose der IAEA
    Realität, so würde binnen 20 Jahren die Urannachfrage um jährlich rund
    190 Millionen Pound ansteigen. Dieser Nachfragesog sollte den Uranpreis
    wieder nach oben bringen. Titel aus dem Uranbreich, angefangen vom
    Branchenführer Cameco über aufstrebende Produzenten und
    Lagerstättenerschließer wie Paladin und Strateco Resources bis zu
    Explorern wie Erongo Energy dürften diese Entwicklung im Aktienkurs
    widerspiegeln. Eine weitere Übernahmewelle im Uransektor ist zudem
    denkbar.
    Grüße
    http://www.rohstoff-welt.de/news/artikel.php?sid=9128

• Bis zum Jahr 2030 werde
    demnach die Produktion von Strom aus Kernkraftwerken um rund das
    doppelte ansteigen.

Das sind 3.2% pro Jahr, also im Rahmen des Weltwirtschaftswachstums, nicht unbedingt eine Explosion - und vorausgesetzt die Atomlobby kann sich durchsetzen.

Für die Herstellung von einem Gigawatt Strom verbraucht ein
    Kernkraftwerk rund 500.000 Pound Uran.

Auf welche Zeiteinheit ? Basiseinheit ist normalerweise Wattsekunden (Leistung x Zeit).

Ausser den realwirtschaftlichen Indikatoren und Daten gibt es keinen Grund fuer einen Aktiencrash.

• Auf welche Zeiteinheit ? Basiseinheit ist normalerweise Wattsekunden (Leistung x Zeit).

@ Tollar... Ich habe den nicht geschrieben den Artikel. Vielleicht findest du näheres in der Quelle. http://www.iaea.org/NewsCenter/News/2008/np2008.html 3,2% pro Jahr hört sich zwar erstmal nicht viel an, aber in einem Markt, bei dem ich von einem längerfristigen Angebotsdefizit ausgehe kann das schon explosive Wirkung haben. Grüße

Schriftgröße:  A A A A A