Thai Guru's Gold und Silber ... (Informationen und Vermutungen)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Saturday, September 17, 2005, 1:01:00 PM EST

Real Estate Bubble May Provide Buying Power For Gold

Author: Monty Guild
    WHY GOLD DOES NOT NEED INFLATION TO GO UP, AND WHY THE DEFLATION OF THE REAL ESTATE BUBBLE MAY VERY WELL PROVIDE A LOT OF BUYING POWER FOR GOLD

I do not believe that the U.S. or Europe will go into a serious recession in 2006, although higher oil prices may cause U.S. and European corporate profits to rise very slowly or even be flat in 2006. Retail sales will not collapse but they will definitely slow.

Higher oil prices will not rapidly give rise to a major recession and very high inflation like they did in the 1970's for four reasons:

1. The U.S. and Europe are not as captive to energy as they were at that time. Manufacturing is a smaller part of their economies, while knowledge industries are a much bigger part.

2. The OPEC countries are twice as populous as they were in 1975, and they must spend more of their oil profits to help their people. They do not have as much surplus capital as they once did, and their resources are gradually diminishing.

3. OPEC's political stability is also rapidly diminishing. Osama bin Laden has made it clear that his first priority is to create a theocracy in Saudi Arabia. Many other OPEC members also face problems.

4. Wages in the U.S. and Europe are being held down by low prices from China and outsourcing to India. Thus, the interest rate authorities do not have to worry as much about inflation as they did in the 1970's. Inflation will tick up but it will not go to wild levels.

Global liquidity exists in excess but instead of flowing into higher wages it is flowing into asset bubbles. When the real estate bubble deflates, another bubble will replace it. The bubbles will rotate from real estate to commodities and then into stocks until the excess liquidity that causes the bubbles is drained from the system.

Global liquidity exists in excess because many countries are simultaneously creating liquidity by various means. This liquidity has flowed into real estate because of low interest rates and perceived tax advantages. The real estate bubble has run far enough that governmental authorities in Europe and the U.S. are beginning a process of deflating the bubble with higher interest rates and by jawboning.

Where will the next bubble develop? It is too early to say but I believe global investors are becoming aware that the land grab for natural resources that is currently going on may turn into a dogfight. Resources could become the next bubble.

China, Europe, Japan and the U.S. may choose up teams and square off in a fight to acquire resources (copper, coal, oil, nickel, zinc - and most importantly, gold). These resources are necessary in order to allow their respective economies to grow for the next 50 years.

Gold is money that maintains its buying power over time. The new acquirers of assets know they must have gold in their reserves to maintain the buying power of their money. Currencies can rise and fall as governments make wise and unwise decisions. Gold maintains its buying power over the long term. If the next bubble is in commodities, which remains to be seen, gold will go much higher.

This is why those with long memories like the Chinese and Indian people acquire gold and why the Chinese government is currently accumulating gold. :] The academics and intellectuals in Europe and the U.S. may think it is smart to sell gold. ?(

The practical nation builders of China and other developing countries know that it is unwise - and even dangerous - to depend upon academic theorists to make practical decisions.

"Die Märkte haben nie unrecht, die Menschen oft." Jesse Livermore, 20.Jh.

"Die Demokratie ist das Paradies der Schreier und Schwätzer, Phraseure, Schmeichler und Schmarotzer, die jedem sachlichen Talent weit mehr den Weg verlegen, als dies in einer anderen Verfassungsform vorkommt." E.von Hartmann

Dieser Beitrag ist eine persönliche Meinung gem. Art.5 Abs.1 GG und Urteil des BVG 1 BvR 1384/16

• Offizieller Beitrag

Moin Troisdorf

"Wenns läuft,läufts." ;)
    Bin da auch ziemlich sicher,
    nicht zufällig voll investiert.
    Wird ein schöner Herbst!

Grüsse

"Die Demokratie ist das Paradies der Schreier und Schwätzer, Phraseure, Schmeichler und Schmarotzer, die jedem sachlichen Talent weit mehr den Weg verlegen, als dies in einer anderen Verfassungsform vorkommt." E.von Hartmann

Dieser Beitrag ist eine persönliche Meinung gem. Art.5 Abs.1 GG und Urteil des BVG 1 BvR 1384/16

• Offizieller Beitrag

Going up: Bright future for gold
    David McKay
    Posted: Sun, 18 Sep 2005

[miningmx.com] -- THEREýs genuine excitement again that the dollar price of gold is to test multi-year highs and that this time, South African stocks might actually benefit. At $450/oz last week, gold was at its highest level in 17 years.

More interesting yet, dollar weakness wasnýt the cause. Normally, the weaker dollar implies a stronger rand, so South African gold stocks see dollar gold gains offset. Thatýs why thereýs an inverse relation between the dollar gold price and the JSE gold index (see graph). But with the rand stable, revenues for gold producers were higher ý about R92,000/kg ý than seen for a while.

According to Jessica Cross, MD of Virtual Metals, a UK metals research house, gold could yet burst through $470/oz. ýWe put the high at $472, and I think weýre quite comfortable with sticking with that peak for this year,ý Cross said in an interview on Classic Business, a week-nightly radio business programme.

Were this to be the case, and the rand remained at current levels of about R6,40 to the dollar, gold stocks AngloGold Ashanti and Gold Fields should tempt investors, says JP Morgan. However, marginal gold plays Harmony Gold and DRDGOLD will still look expensive, the stockbroker says.

Tell that to the US gold traders. DRDGOLD has doubled in price since May and Harmony is 43% stronger over the same period. According to Ilja Graulich, investor relations manager for DRDGOLD, thereýs anecdotal evidence of switching from Harmony to DRDGOLD even though the companyýs earnings will be driven from its rand affected South African mines in the short term.

Thereýs optimism everywhere. ýWe are raising our 2005 gold price forecast from $424/oz to $433/oz,ý said Alberto Arias, an analyst for Goldman Sachs in a recent note. RBC Capital Markets also updated its gold price from $450 to $485/oz for 2006. Moreover, thereýs hope in SA that the dollar gold price has ýunlinkedý from the dollar.
    Is the dollar unlinking from the gold price?
    ýIs gold beginning to unlink from the dollar based on the growing recognition of the coming lower gold mine supply and rising costs, or is a pullback looming after Comex gold positions hit a new peak?ý said Steve Shepherd, JP Morganýs gold analyst.

Matthew Turner, commodity analyst at Virtual Metals, said that despite a recent sell

• Offizieller Beitrag

Demise

David Chapman!!

• Dear Members,

During the last week, all commodities generally went down except for gold and silver, which both broke out. Indeed I fully expect both metals to move forward in a positive cycle for the next few days. However, this could be the last positive cycle after which they should remain in a consolidated trading range or side-ways. I say this at a time when metal investors are in an upbeat mood, with a lot of buying taking place in gold. It was an interesting sign for gold to ignore the strong dollar trend. I have been writing of such a situation since early this year even though most gold investors disagree with my prediction, saying that if the dollar moves up, then gold cannot hold. The wave of nature has however proven everybody wrong, and this was a just a small trailer as next year we shall witness both rivals walking together.

We are approaching October 2005 and I know that many of you are waiting for my announcement concerning the fund. As I promised, I shall soon inform you. This week’s newsletter will be short and I also won’t be able to write on the housing market as earlier pledged. Some members of a team from one of the world’s leading financial institutions are here on a visit to make the final decision about launching the “Wave of Nature Product”, in which you will also be able to participate. However, if for any reason we cannot agree, (that is the institution and I) then I shall soon announce my alternative move in the next two weeks.

I shall write about the property market next week, as well as its implication on the world financial market.

Here is this week’s newsletter:

Predictions for 19 to 23 September

GOLD

Last week’s gold performance was a warning to short sellers and everyone else that its time will soon start after a twenty five year gap. The 1979/80 rise was weak and that is why it fell to low levels and took decades to bounce back. If gold rises but then sharply falls back, this is a sign that its movement lacks nature’s power and support.

Last year and even early this year, I clearly mentioned that gold won’t trade below $400 and it has proven right. Next, it may test the $400 mark before springing a major move. Today, nobody may agree with me and even I don’t want to believe it, but this is what planetary movements indicate. It will be very interesting to see whether this will happen or not, therefore save this information.

In the current week, gold will be as follows (Spot gold price):

Trading range for the week: $453.10 to $462.60. Breaking of either will deduct or add one more percent in the mentioned prices.

On Monday and Tuesday, gold should trade in a small range or sideways, while Wednesday will be quite volatile. We shall therefore see moves on both sides on this day. Thursday will remain weak whereas Friday will be stable.

Friday should be the right day to buy gold and silver for the next week as I foresee a positive week.

SILVER

Last week silver moved up on negative days, therefore emitting a very interesting sign. In addition, it broke a very important astrological price barrier of $7.16. (I AM TALKING OF SPOT MARKET PRICE)

This week silver should move in the very range of $7.16 to $7.31. Everyone must remember that it shouldn’t break $7.16 because if it does, then it may fall further two percent down. Wednesday and Thursday should remain weak days.

PALLADIUM/PLATINUM/COPPER

During last week copper, a hot commodity went down and should remain down from Wednesday. Palladium was a surprise to all as it sharply moved up. It should remain up from this week. I was wrong on the platinum prediction as I expected it to move down but it didn’t. it may therefore hang around the current level during this week.

OIL

Oil, the most talked about and hot commodity tumbled last week. This week it should move up from Tuesday for a short period and I therefore recommend that you cover your short position in oil, heating oil, unleaded gas as well as natural gas.

STOCK MARKET

I have been coming wrong on the market prediction, with European markets trying to reach previous highs once again. Nevertheless, all markets should remain around the same levels. Astrologically, a very important date is approaching, and that is Friday 30 September or Monday 3 October. After this, the markets should fall a minimum of 6% percent within a few weeks.
    IMPORTANT NOTE: BE ON HIGH ALERT ON EUROPEAN, ASIAN AND USA MARKETS. WATCH YOUR POSITION OR GET OUT FROM BUYING POSITION NEXT WEEK AS A MAJOR SCANDAL MAY BE ON THE WAY.

CURRENCIES

The dollar sidestepped negative economic data news and as a matter of fact, I am not worried for the dollar even if they don’t raise interest rates. Indeed, its rise will remain continuous as there is no reason why it cannot sustain the rise. For the time being, the dollar has taken the position of ‘lion’. ?(

This week trading range will be from $87.71 to $89.90 and above $94 in the next three weeks. The Euro should soon break 1.20 and move towards 1.14. ?(

One should always trade within their limits because the futures market can be very dangerous if you are trading with high leverage. One should therefore try to make money slowly but surely and you will be successful in the long run if you choose the right area for every investment.

At the current time, BUYING GRAINS IS THE BEST AND SAFEST BET. SELLING THE STOCK MARKET WILL SOON BE THE BEST SPECULATIVE MOVE; AS WE CORRECTLY DID ON THE SPOT FOR OIL, AS I WAS 1000% SURE THAT IT SHOULD FALL FROM $70.80.

THE BEST INVESTMENTS:–

BUY NEXT YEAR’S CALL OPTIONS IN GRAINS AND SILVER

BUY PUT ON EUROPEAN, INDIAN AND USA MARKET.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Das hört sich schon konstruktiv an! :]

Grüsse

• I believe that anxiety is spilling over now into the currency and gold markets, which is why this past week we have seen gold breaking through the all important $456 resistance level against the dollar to $459, in spite of ongoing attempts by the Fed and other "hip pocket" central banks to cap the gold price. Breaking through this resistance level, even as the dollar was rising last week is a very, very bullish sign, and looking at the charts, it seems as though the next serious resistance level for gold is $500. I believe that number could be challenged yet this year. Of course longer term-perhaps over the next 5 to 10 years, we should see gold rise in percentage terms akin to those when the yellow metal rose from $35 to $850 in the 1960s and '70s. Thus, gold's price will be quoted in four digits not three. 8o

http://www.gold-eagle.com/gold_digest_05/taylor091805.html

Technically Speaking:
    Well, here we are, a solid break above previous highs and into new bull market highs. As mentioned before, this break initially projects to the $560 level and then on to $600. I mentioned $640 last week but a recalculation gives me only the $600 level on this break.

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_05/burak091805.html

• Offizieller Beitrag

Allmählich trauen sich auch die bekannteren
    Kommentatoren an den 4stelligen Goldwert. :]

Merv Burak sehe ich öfter bei Kitco.
    Stellt auch prima Charts rein.

Grüsse

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sieht gut aus:

• Das ist doch ein schönes Bild zum Wochenstart :]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.kitconet.com/charts/metals/gold/t24_au_en_usoz_2.gif]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://kitconet.com/charts/metals/silver/t24_ag_en_usoz_2.gif]

„Die Menschen sind so einfältig und hängen so sehr vom Eindruck des Augenblickes ab, dass einer, der sie täuschen will, stets jemanden findet, der sich täuschen lässt.“ (Niccolò Machiavelli)

• Offizieller Beitrag

An M.Guru ....(und Fans)
    $,ich komme.............. :]

• Offizieller Beitrag

Dollar Update

Roland Watson
    Sep 19, 2005

In an article I wrote in March on silver, I suggested a major dollar rally was imminent. As it turned out, the dollar rally had begun at the end of 2004, but it took until the summer for the move to exceed previous rally sizes and thus confirm its status.

Now in September, we have the dollar at another interesting juncture. Since 2001, the US Dollar Index traced out an Elliott impulse wave until December of 2004. The chart below shows that major bear move as well as the 65 week moving average or long term market changes. A three and half year down move shaved nearly a third off the dollar's value compared to a basket of major currencies. That move has completed as it hit the multi-decade support at the 80 level. Naturally, such a strong support line may suggest the bear is over, but as stated before, I do not believe the dollar bear market is over by a long way.

The second article I wrote on the 4th June entitled "The Curious Case of the Dollar Rally" suggested an initial rally of the 2001-2004 bear up to 91 based on a study of other smaller rallies during the dollar plunge. Four weeks after that article, the dollar topped out at 90.77 and has been on a downturn since then. So far, this drop has hit a low of 86, but how much further can it go? The chart below shows the progress of our dollar rally.

As before, I stay with my WXYcorrection pattern with the only surprise being the length the final leg took from late April until early July. A WXY corrective pattern is a rarer form than the normal ABC zigzag or flat corrections, but is nevertheless valid. However, can one say that this 6-month correction is over and the dollar bear market is about to embark on its next and possibly most damaging leg down?

On the one hand, "yes" is a reasonable answer. After all, the rally has retraced to the predicted 91 mark, it is a complete corrective pattern in and of itself and it has run longer than smaller degree rallies. All seems done and dusted, so can we now go short the dollar and long gold and silver?

Well, I have some observations that make me wonder if we are not yet over the correction. Firstly, the 6 months elapsed still doesn't look long enough for a higher degree correction. Six months constitutes 14% of the time of the prior 42-month bear down leg. Statistical studies of Elliott wave patterns suggest that nearer 30% is a better figure. That would mean the current two-month down move is only the midpoint of our overall correction to be followed by one more rally before the big plunge.

Secondly, if the rally from December did end at 90.77 in July, we would expect to see a five-part impulse wave begin the new bear leg. The numbers (1) to (5) in the chart marks this proposed impulse wave. It looks neat enough at a superficial level, but one of the classical rules of Elliott Wave Theory stipulates that wave 4 should not infringe on the price territory of wave 2. This it has done as shown by the horizontal line joining (2) and (4) note that wave (4) has crossed over than line. I would also add that wave (3) doesn't look like a wave 3 to me either. So, it looks overall that we have finished wave A and are now somewhere in wave B before moving back up to the 91 level some months from now in a wave C.

I could be wrong, but chart interpretations are all about probabilities and the probability slightly favours a continued rally into early 2006. What would disprove this interpretation? Quite simply, we need to see a significant breach of the old low of 80.39 hit in late December (see chart). Until that point is reached, I am personally cautious but, as ever, a long-term bull on gold and silver! :]
    Roland Watson

• Offizieller Beitrag

Soo sieht das aus: :D

• Aladin,

kannst Du Dich noch erinnern, dass ich letzte Woche 50.000 Unzen Silber bei 6.99 long gegangen bin? Naja, eigentlich bin ich den dec-future bei 7.10 long gegangen, entspricht einem spot preis von 6.99.
    Meinen Stop hatte ich bei 6.95 im dec Kontrakt, entsprach also einem stop im spot bei 6.84.

Bin Mittwoch mit ca. 10.000 Euro Verlust ausgestoppt worden, weil's intraday nen dip an meinen stop gab (exakt ran, close out auf intraday low bei 6.91 im dec 05 future...)

stuende jetzt (3 Arbeitstage spaeter) ca. 19.000 Euro im plus. damn it!

Meine uebrigen Positionen laufen prima - aber z.Z. bin ich fast ausschliesslich physisch drin.

So kann's auch gehen :)

mfG

• Sorry Ghost, ich habe auch nicht viel Glueck mit meinen Silber Optionen, der Markt ist mehr als tueckisch. Kann zwar nicht verstehen wie du es verlieren konntest, warum hast du sie nicht laufen lassen bei dem Einstiegskurs. Einen Stop loss habe ich nicht bei Call ich lasse sie laufen und habe oft alles verloren. z.B. Meine Dez Calls 8$ gekauft bei 0.45$ nun sitzen sie auf 0.12 $. ( 150 x 5000) eine Menge Moos. :(
    Bin froh wenn ich mit 0.25 $ rauskomme, dein Stoploss ist nicht gut wie du siehst.
    C'est la vie Ghost, irgendwo hole ich den Verlust wieder rein. ;)

Good Luck

Servus

XAX

• Aladin,

jo - das stehen wir schon durch - grundsaetzlich ist dies ja unsere Richtung. Ist halt nur immer wieder aergerlich, wenn man ungluecklich ausgestopt wird. Ohne stop loss wollte ich bei der size nicht rein gehen. Lass Silber auf 5$ fallen und ich waere 110.000 Euro los gewesen - sowas geht manchmal schneller, als man denkt. Gegen einen Trend stemme ich mich ungern. Daher die stops.

Geniessen wir einfach die Panik aller shorties und freuen uns ueber das, was wir haben und aergern uns nicht ueber das, was uns entgangen ist.. :)

let's enjoy the show

Schriftgröße:  A A A A A