Gold und Silber... Informationen und Vermutungen I

• time-will-tell

The Industrial Scrimmage
    for Dwindling Supplies
    David Zurbuchen
    http://www.silverinscripture.com/IndustrialScrimmage.html

As a precursor to this brief article, many of you may already be familiar with the dramatic
    rise in palladium prices over a four year period beginning in 1997. By the year 2001, the
    metal had risen from just above $100/oz to a high of $1100/oz. This was a result of
    industrial users (e.g. Ford Motor Company) panicking about a lack of supply and
    consequently building the necessary inventories so that factories would not need to be
    shut down. Silver should experience a similar price rise due to future industrial
    desperation, only unlike palladium, which has since cooled off, the industrial scrimmage
    for silver will be only one of many unique forces putting pressure on the price. This should
    then result in significantly higher (relative terms) and much longer sustained gains in silver.

• ...hab leider keinen Link, wurde mir geschickt ;)

Midas December 28

I thought I would give the GATA faithful a little follow up into the stupidity that is the gold share market. According to the Q2 Mitsui hedge book. ABX is short 9.5M ounces in their hedge book. I have $Gold up $197 on the year, per GLD. If my math is right, ABX has lost 1.87 BILLION!

GFI has a 7.1B market cap. ABX has a paper loss equal to 1/4 the valuation of a hedge free miner. Now which one has had the stellar year?! So I am now firmly in the camp that the excuse that we have all been using about escalating costs is NOT our answer. After all, find me a miner whose costs have exploded to the extent that ABX's has this year? Even NEM's loss is looking light next to this 1.87B dollar disaster.
    Sabre

More from an irate Sabre…

I have seen unbelievable action in markets before. I watched the Internet craze from the trenches but in all my life I have never seen manipulation like I am seeing in the gold share market.

If you look at charts of the miners against $Gold, most have plummeted this year. A very notable exception, excluding the silvers, is ABX. This is most curious since their hedge book is so far underwater. There is a reason ABX is getting support IMO. The cartel has to keep its capitalization as high as possible to keep them from being in the position we just saw Sallie Mae in that forced them to do an equity issuance.

Just look at this market from a logical perspective. Citi just sent a note out that ABX's large project will have costs that far exceed estimates, yet the stock does not fall. RGLD has no expenses yet it isn't anywhere close to a 52 week high, it just continues to fall against $Gold.

The entire SA gold complex is skirting 52 week lows on the JSE. Where is the excitement? Is there not a single mutual fund on the planet that wants in to these shares in a big way? Is there some sort of unwritten law that these shares are not to be touched? What is altogether shocking is there is no fear of the upside REGARDLESS of what $Gold does, ever.

Look at the charts of the miners, the only time there are powerful thrusts to the upside occurs when they are dramatically oversold. Two days ago $Gold breaks out of its pennant. GFI gaps higher to $14.94. Over $10 off its all-time high from 1 1/2 years ago and someone promptly sells 7K JAN 15 calls for 55 cents? The stock has had nary an uptick since. Who has that type of control?

I have read more times than I can count how gold shares lead and gold shares have leverage. There has also been talk that GLD has taken money away from the share market. Let's examine these issues. Gold stocks outside of a select few have gone nowhere for years, silvers are the exception. The junior market has been a short sellers dream. Leverage to the $Gold price has been negative, yes, negative, for years in the mid-tier and senior shares. The shares do not lead. The shares, just recently, crashed 20% via the $HUI against a mild consolidation in $Gold. GLD has not taken interest away from the shares. Look at a ten year chart of the miners and overlay volume. Volume has not gone down.

There is some entity out there that wants these shares down. I keep thinking that there is some price level in gold that will make all the difference and there isn't one that exists right now. Newsletter writers and well heeled veterans in this market continue to believe that the gold shares represent value. I do not disagree at all, BUT who is the enemy here? How is it that all comers are taken on in these stocks so effortlessly in these shares?

Lastly, I came across something curious last week. Overlay a chart of the $XOI against $Gold. For that matter, overlay a chart of the oil drillers against $Gold. They are eerily similar. Now take any number of gold stocks and overlay them against $Gold. The similarity is there in the first few years but disappears the last few. All the Elliot wavers and chartists conjure up reasons as to why this is happening but the facts are that the oil stocks are a better proxy for $Gold.

So how does all of this end? If I knew who we were fighting I could venture a guess but right now I simply have no idea. $Gold is certainly headed higher, $Silver the same. From the looks of the agriculture charts we are headed for some serious price increases across the world. What will be the trigger for some institutional sponsorship for this sector? Will there ever be one? And when, if ever, will the CEO's of these companies step up to the plate and start touting their prospects!
    Sabre

All I can say for now is all this contrived market nonsense is going to lead to the most spectacular move in the history of markets as far as the gold/silver shares are concerned!!!!

linar :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Linar, danke für's Einstellen.

Unglaublich fast, die Geschichte, dass ABX entgegen aller Vernunft steigt, während andere, ebenfalls entgegen der Vernunft, fallen!?

Goldbugs aller Länder vereinigt euch und shortet Barrick!

(ist allerdings kein guter Rat, wenn die Gegenseite scheinbar unbegrenzte Mittel zur Verfügung hat)

Ich muss sagen, ich habe mich in letzter Zeit wiederholt gewundert, mit welch hohen Volumen ABX nach oben bezahlt wird ('streaming quotes' auf finance.yahoo).

Lucky

• Zitat

Original von Fundistephan82
    Den Lease-Rates nach, stehen wir wieder kurz vor einem größeren Schub nach Oben.....

Nein, es ist genau umgekehrt: Gold wird derzeit so billig zum Verleihen angeboten, daß eine Goldpreisdrückung (oder deren Versuch) in den ersten beiden Januar-Wochen geradezu erzwungen wird.

Wie war es letztes jahr um diese Zeit: der POG wurde gedrückt, damit eine inzwischen zur faschistischen Pseudo-Demokratie herabgesunkene Ex-Supermacht ein paar Miliarden für das Töten und Unterdrücken von Menschen, auch "Kriegsführung" genannt an den internationalen Geldmärkten aufnehmen konnte.

• Zitat

Original von mesodor39
    Nein, es ist genau umgekehrt: Gold wird derzeit so billig zum Verleihen angeboten, daß eine Goldpreisdrückung (oder deren Versuch) in den ersten beiden Januar-Wochen geradezu erzwungen wird.

Wie war es letztes jahr um diese Zeit: der POG wurde gedrückt, damit eine inzwischen zur faschistischen Pseudo-Demokratie herabgesunkene Ex-Supermacht ein paar Miliarden für das Töten und Unterdrücken von Menschen, auch "Kriegsführung" genannt an den internationalen Geldmärkten aufnehmen konnte.

Auf eine erneute Goldpreisdrückung warte ich ja nur. Leider ist die Situation im Augenblick ja so, dass bei fallendem Goldpreis in Dollar der Preis in Euro stabil bleibt oder sogar noch steigt.

Oder irre ich mich da? ?(

• Zitat

Original von ordineteutonico
    In der Bilanz von Barrick steht drin das Sie hedging von 2011 bis 2016 haben. Also 10 billionen $ aber auf mehrere Jahre verteilt.
    Denke die Nachricht von Gata ist falsch.

Es werden wohl 10 Mrd. sein. Auch noch viel Geld. Und wenn der POG weiter steigt, steigt auch die Last, das überhaupt stemmen zu können.

• Zitat

Original von ordineteutonico
    9,5 milionen unzen von 2011 bis 2019 zu einen preis von 404 $ pro uz.

Macht bei POG ca. 830 etwa 5 Mrd Erlösminderung aus.

Ist noch stemmbar. Noch.

Rechnet mal nach, wieviel da sbei POG 5000 /Unze sein werden.....

Dann kommt so richtig "Freude" auf.

Vor allem, wenn auch die Produktionskosten ähnlich ansteigen, wie der POG.....

• Zitat

Original von mesodor39

Na ja, im Moment sieht es noch nicht nach Preisdrückung aus, eher nach dem nominellen Allzeithoch für Gold. Wenn das so weitergeht, erreichen wir dieses noch diese Woche. Die 800 USD sind wohl definitiv Geschichte. :D Bin gespannt, was dann kommt: Entweder ein starker Rücksetzer, weil viele (Papier-)Spekulanten aussteigen und Gewinne mitnehmen oder ein schneller Anstieg auf 1000 USD, weil die Leute dann vermehrt kaufen. Lieber wäre mir die erste Variante, mein Gefühl sagt aber, dass die zweite Eintreffen wird. :rolleyes:

• .... vllt. die sichere nummer :D .... oder wie ich immer zu meiner holden sage die kleinen zu dir, die grossen zu mir .... oder wie es schon beim blaubeerzupfen hiess: die guten ins kröpfchen und die schlechten ins töpfchen..... oder,oder - fest steht verlust werden sie nicht machen. ;(

prosit neujahr ... hier nützen auch keine guten vorsätze. :P

gruss wg

....................................................................................................................
    aluhut .. das grundproblem ist, dass man mit fakten gegen emotionen arbeitet.
    neurologisch gesehen werden fakten immer den kürzeren ziehen, unser gehirn verarbeitet gefühle viel stärker als sachinformationen.
    l. benecke

• Zitat

Original von dau2006
    Wieso sind die dann eigentlich im HUI-Index, wenn doch dort angeblich nur Minen vertreten sind die maximal 1,5 Jahre hedgen?

Gruß

der DAU

Nicht Hedging über 1,5 Jahre (also die Laufzeit der Kontrakte) ist gemeint, sondern das Volumen der Vorwärtsverkäufe, das im HUI bei maximal dem 1,5 -fachen einer Jahresproduktion des jeweiligen Unternehmens liegen darf.

GL

Das Publikum... wendet sich von dem Gebrauche des durch die Umlaufmittelvermehrung kompromittierten Geldes ab, flüchtet zum ... Barrenmetall, zu den Sachwerten, zum Tauschhandel, kurz, die Währung bricht zusammen. (Ludwig von Mises)

• .... auf ein neues. :]

Bilder

....................................................................................................................
    aluhut .. das grundproblem ist, dass man mit fakten gegen emotionen arbeitet.
    neurologisch gesehen werden fakten immer den kürzeren ziehen, unser gehirn verarbeitet gefühle viel stärker als sachinformationen.
    l. benecke

• sieht doch gut aus...am besten wär ein Anlauf auf die 16 so schnell wie möglich und dann nochmal eine Konsolidierung mit anschließendem Durchruch zur Frühjahrsparty! Dann Sell in May und Wiedereinstieg im Sommer. Entspricht auch einer astrologischen Analyse, die ich gelesen habe.

Grüße Silber_Flo

Schriftgröße:  A A A A A