Finanzielle Geschäftsrisiken bei Goldminenaktien

• Gestern kam auch noch die Antwort von Impact Silver (IPT):
    "...IMPACT put out a press release today, August 27 which addresses the question of exposure to credit squeeze (we have no exposure). I will forward you the press release. As for our cash position it is on the order of CA $4 Million as of the end of Q2, 2007..."

Impact ist also auch nicht betroffen.

Grüße

extrel

• Die nächste Antwort, und zwar vom Zuständigen für IR bei Canarc Resource (CCM), Gregg Wilson:
    "...Thank you for your email. I am currently on vacation and will be back in the office after the Labour Day weekend when I will be more able to answer your questions regarding Canarcs cash position.

I do know that Canarc does not have any debt and to the best of my knowledge is not exposed to any asset backed commercial paper but I will reconfirm that when I return to the office..."

Also sehr wahrscheinlich auch hier Entwarnung. Sobald mir Gregg die abschließende Antwort gegeben hat, gebe ich euch Bescheid.

Bis jetzt scheinen die Aktien in meinem Depot keine Leichen im Keller zu haben.
    Jetzt fehlen nur noch die Antworten von Abcourt, Endeavour Silver, First Majestic und Metanor.

Grüße

extrel

• I see two major problems confronting gold miners and they are:

A lot of small and medium sized companies were required to hedge their production in order to obtain financing. These hedges were written in such a way that, as the price of gold rises, the owners of these small and medium sized companies will be surprised to see they own less and less of their own company.

Large miners are going to be subjected to longer and more violent labor disputes aggravated by governments that are increasingly moving left of center. That is especially the case in Latin America (just like 1930).
    With respect to the second point, both unions and governments tend to view these companies as fat cash cows ripe for the milking. Without the workers, you can't get the gold out of the ground and you can't very well pick up your reserves and move if a leftist president comes knocking on your door. With all of this in mind, I am reducing my stock portfolio to 50% and I divide that 50% among four companies: Buenaventura (30%), Goldcorp (15%), Royal Gold (40%), and Volcan (15%). Notice how 40% of my new holdings will be in Royal Gold. This is a royalties company and therefore not subject to union problems or the normal risks that come with mining.

http://www.321gold.com/editori…dini/orlandini082907.html

• m.E.!

Danke GermanLong als Threadstarter und allen, die hier etwas beitragen. Ich könnte mir gut vorstellen, wenn es schlimmer kommt, als wir es eigentlich gerne hätten, dann sind die Minen, die nicht gehedged usw. sind die Phönixe, die wir brauchen....

Grüße....

• Bad news von Endeavour Silver (EDR), obwohl sie es runterspielen. Man hat nicht auf meine Mail geantwortet, sondern dieses Statement veröffentlicht:
    "August 30, 2007 - Vancouver, Canada - Endeavour Silver Corp. (EDR: TSX, EJD: DBFrankfurt, and EXK: AMEX) today reported an update on its cash position and short term investments. The Company currently has US $30 million in working capital, including US $25 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities. A total of US $4.8 million of the US $25 million is held in three Canadian structured investment trust notes, also known as asset backed commercial paper ("ABCP").

These notes are rated R-1 (high) AAA by Dominion Bond Rating Service and mature in September but the current liquidity crisis for all ABCP has impacted the liquidity of these notes. The Company's broker-dealer advises that the current crisis is one of liquidity, not quality, that most of the debt collateral to the notes constitutes high quality bonds and only about 4% of the debt collateral is in the sub-prime mortgage market.

Endeavour holds ample cash and equivalents (treasury bills, GIC's, senior securities) so the ABCP liquidity crisis has no impact on the Company or its operations at this time or for the foreseeable future. Endeavour can therefore just wait for the ABCP crisis to be resolved and liquidity and value to return to the ABCP market."

Ich schreibe diese 4,8 Mio. USD erst mal ab, da können die sagen, was sie wollen.

Heute kam die Antwort von Metanor (MTO):
    "... Metanor still has approximately $18M in cash to continue prepare Bachelor and Barry, and this is much more than needed.
    Metanor has no exposure to Canadian asset backed commercial paper. All cah is invested in highly liquid instruments with financial institutions..."

Metanor ist clean.

Grüße

extrel

• Habe mal versucht die Werte aus diesem Thread in Charts darzustellen - leider gehen immer nur 10 auf einmal (wenn jemand eine bessere Seite für Charts kennt, bei der man mehr als 10 anzeigen kann...her damit :) )

Fehlende Werte / andere Sortierungswünsche einfach melden, ich füge sie dann entsprechend bei.

[URL=http://stockcharts.com/charts/candleglance.php?AAG.V,BGL.V,CML.V,ECU.TO,EXN.V,FRG,FVI.V,GBG.TO,MAE.TO,mfn|B]Chartset 1[/URL]

[URL=http://stockcharts.com/charts/candleglance.php?MMM.TO,MSV.TO,NG.TO,NGG.V,SPM.TO,SRLM,UC.V,UUU.TO,VAN.V,MTO.v|B]Chartset 2[/URL]

Grüße...

• SBB.V gab heute ein Drilling update. Habs nur kurz überflogen, aber neben guten Ergebnissen auch eine Meldung zum Cash:

Hackett River 2007 Drilling Update

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/070904/0297668.html

....Sabina Silver Corporation is debt free, with approximately C$55 million working capital in cash and securities as at the end of July 2007....

....In related news, Sabina Silver Corporation wishes to confirm that it has no exposure to the "asset backed" commercial paper (ABCP) investment vehicles. Sabina's working capital is fully intact and is 90% held in short term liquid investments guaranteed by Canadian chartered banks, the other 10% is held in securities in Canadian exploration companies....

Viele Grüße

Goldader

P.S.: Sabina heute mit +13%

• Gefunden auf Goldseiten.de - passt ja sehr gut in diesen Thread:

Zitat

Kanadische Minengesellschaften haben Probleme mit ihren kurzfristigen Geldmarktpapieren. Wie Bloomberg bekannt gibt, stehen für sie zur Zeit Commercial Papers in Höhe von insgesamt 326,5 C$ (311,1 US$) aus. Die durch Anlagevermögen besicherten Geldmarktpapiere können derzeit nicht fristgerecht von den Händlern zurückgezahlt werden. Möglicherweise wird die Liquiditätsknappheit der nicht-institutionellen Händler zu weiteren Zahlungsverspätungen bei zusätzlichen, von den Gesellschaften gehaltenen, Wertpapieren in Höhe von 2,47 Mrd. C$ kommen.

Für den vierten September galt, laut Bloomberg, folgendes:

Details im angehängten Bild. Es handelt sich dabei u.a. um folgende Minen:

BIM.TO ABX CCJ CCI CFP CKG.V FM.TO IVN JEC.TO MNG NGD.TO RDV.TO RUS.TO S.TO SGF.TO SSRI SA.V TCS.TO TOE.V VGQ.TO WTN.TO

Original Link hier: http://www.rohstoff-welt.de/news/artikel.php?sid=2354

Grüße....

• Weil hier ja schon des öfteren darüber gegrübelt wurde, wie man von den einzelnen Juniors oder Major Producern am besten Auskunft über die Qualität ihrer Kreditverpflichtungen erhalten kann - Jim Sinclair schlägt die untenstehenden Formulierungen vor und verabschiedet sich damit von dem Thema. Er vermutet, daß durch die vielen (illegalen)Shortpositionen, die bei einem nun steigenden Goldpreis bei den Minen glattgestellt werden müssen, auch die Minenwerte mit den gefährlichen non recourse loans noch kurz mitsteigen werden - höchste Zeit, sich spätestens dann von diesen Kandidaten zu trennen.

Formulierungsvorschläge:

For the junior exploration and development company or the junior producer:

Dear Chairman of the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors,

I wish to know if project xxxxx’s development loan negotiated for project xxxxx by the major who is your partner was recourse to all and every asset of the major or non recourse to all and every asset of the major, but only recourse to the development project specifically.

Sincerely yours,
    Investor

For the major producer:

Dear Chairman of the Audit Committee of the Board of directors:

I wish to know what percentage of development loans you have taken since 1991 that are still outstanding, are non recourse to all and every asset of the company, but simply recourse to the project specific for which the development loan was taken.

Sincerely yours,
    Investor

Non recourse equals derivative risk.
    Recourse equals no derivative risk.

So there it is. I am now FINISHED with this subject. You now have the knowledge and the tools to take care of yourself. Make sure you do.

http://www.jsmineset.com

grüsse

auratico

• Zitat

Original von vatapitta
    Moin moin auratico,

welche Minen haben denn non recourse loans?
    Gibt es mittlerweile eine Liste?

Viele Grüße
    Vatapitta

Hallo Vatapitta!

Nein, natürlich gibt es dazu (noch?) keine umfassende Liste. Eine erste, vorläufige, die einige kanadische Werte enthält, die bei dieser ominösen Coventree Inc ihre kurzfristigen Anleihen liegen haben, findest du weiter oben in dem Posting von fs_fra.
    Vor allem wer jetzt neu investiert und an einem mittel- oder gar längerfristigen Investment interessiert ist, sollte eben zuvor sich in dieser Frage informieren. Bei kurzfristigen Zockereien, wie ich sie selber ganz gerne mache, nachdem ich ein wenig mehr Einblick in die Minenwelt gewonnen habe und jede diesbezügliche Naivität an den Nagel gehängt habe, spielen diese Kreditverträge kurzfristig weniger eine Rolle. Zu Unrecht, aber das Auf und Ab der Explorer-Minen hat eben ganz viel mit Stimmungen, kurzfristigen Vorlieben, Pusheraktionen etc. zu tun.

Die wenigsten Minenzocker wissen Bescheid darüber, welche Mine einen regressfreien Kreditvertrag mit einem Major oder einer Bullion Bank hält. Dies wird sich aber in Zukunft wohl ändern, weil das Thema nun mal auf dem Tisch ist und die Kreditkrise sich von Tag zu Tag noch zu verschärfen scheint.

grüsse

auratico

• Hallo zusammen,

Zur Kurzinfo - Nur vom Hörensagen - und nicht weiter von mir geprüft :

First Majestic soll lt. einem Beitrag im Gold-Eagle Forum kein Derivaterisiko haben. ( Beitrag von Sep 10, 08:50 ).

Bin aus dem Urlaub zurück und werde mir ansehen, was in den vergangenen 3 Wochen hier passiert ist - das ist ja Einiges. Arbeitsvorschläge für mich habe ich auch gesehen - oho.

Gruß, GL

Das Publikum... wendet sich von dem Gebrauche des durch die Umlaufmittelvermehrung kompromittierten Geldes ab, flüchtet zum ... Barrenmetall, zu den Sachwerten, zum Tauschhandel, kurz, die Währung bricht zusammen. (Ludwig von Mises)

• Peak Gold!

A Primer on True Hedging, Part Two

Antal E. Fekete
    Gold Standard University Live
    Sep 10, 2007

Hedging Fraudulent

In earlier papers I have explained that virtually all activities of gold mines that go under the name "hedging" are fraudulent. To the extent hedges go out into the future more than one year, or they exceed the quantity of one year's production, they are naked forward sales, carrying unlimited risk (the risk that the gold price goes to infinity, as it has in the wake of every hyperinflation).

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/fekete/fekete091007.html

• The future of mining 2 (video 17 min).

Brent Cook is an independent Minerals Exploration Analyst and Advisor to funds, high net worth individuals and a select group of junior exploration companies. He has over twenty-five years of experience focused on the economic evaluation of minerals exploration, development and mining properties in over 50 countries and encompassing virtually all geological environments. Brent has worked with Casey Research on numerous projects and currently also works with Paul van Eeden and writes a column for his investment letter.

...one in thousand.....

http://www.howestreet.com/audiovideo/

Schriftgröße:  A A A A A