NorZinc Ltd./ NZC (TSE)

• CZN.TO CZICF.PK (CANADIAN ZINC) (I own shares)
    http://www.canadianzinc.com/
    czn@canadianzinc.com 1-866-688-2001
    78.5 mil shares fully diluted (August, 2004)
    @ $.68/share Cdn x .77 US/Cdn = $.52 US
    $41 mil MC
    $14.6 million cash, Cdn, no debt.
    not mining ($20 mil needed to finish & start the mine) ($100 mil worth of mining infrastructure in place!)
    ~70 mil oz. (IN ZONE 3 only!! of 12 zones! This company seems to be greatly under-reporting their silver reserves. Their 18 year mine plan consists of zone 3 only, but there are 12 mineralized zones on the property.) Really, perhaps well over 100 mil oz. silver.
    $41 mil MC / 70 mil oz. = $.59/oz.
    You get "approx" 10.4 ounces in the ground for 1 oz. silver's worth of stock.

Additional comments: Canadian Zinc Commences Exploration Program At Prairie Creek, NT

CZN likely has much more silver in the ground, and has good profit potential.

To get the mine up and running, they might be able to pay back debt financing within 2 years, but I would hope they would avoid debt, and raise the capital in additional financings.

I note several very, very positive things about this company.

1. This was the mining operation set up by the Hunt brothers, the major silver investors in the silver spike to $50/oz. in 1980 who were bankrupted by their own debts and margin calls as a result of the COMEX rule changes and silver short sale manipulation. The Hunts spent $50 million building infrastructure to build the mine. They were 90% complete when bankruptcy hit. The value of those buildings is now perhaps over $100 million, and the mine only needs about $20 million (CAN) ($15 mil US) to get the mine up and running. That's much cheaper than other cost estimates of other operations.
    2. The 70 million oz. of silver estimate is for zone 3 only. But there are 12 zones on the property. The zone 3 estimate is for a 10 year mine plan that involves mining zone 3 at current metals prices.
    3. High Grade ores:
    12% zinc/ton; = 240 lbs. zinc/ton x 50 cents/lb. = $120/ton for the zinc.
    10.1% lead/ton = 202 lbs. lead/ton x 40 cents/lb. = $80/ton for the lead.
    6 oz. silver/ton x $6.95/oz. = $42/ton for the silver.
    0.4% copper/ton = 8 lbs. copper/ton x 1.30 cents/lb. = $10/ton for the copper.
    Total: $249/ton! Prices accurate as of Mid Feb., 2004
    4. My method of valuation: I'm really counting only the silver, not the base metals in my "oz in the ground" valuation. So consider a significant "zinc bonus", and "lead bonus".
    5. Zinc and base metals prices headed up? About 45 cents/lb. for zinc! Check http://www.metalprices.com/ for updates.

(I own shares of CZN.TO)

• Lege mal den Zeitpunkt des capital raising auf den Chart..........und dann weist du was von dem Projekt zu halten ist........und wichtig .........immer die Top twenty shareholders und wer die Optionen zu welchem strike hält.........das reicht in der Regel vollkommen zur Einschätzung.

• Western Standard
    Independent Voice of the New West

Canadian Zinc Corporation

By Leonard Melman

Mining history can be fascinating and few events have impacted the mining community like the collapse of the price of silver in 1980, when it fell from over $50 per ounce to barely $5.00 in just a few days. Yet, out of that collapse has emerged one of the most interesting of all current mining ventures.

When silver plunged during that fateful period, the Hunt brothers made headlines with their efforts to corner the silver market. Most observers attribute much of silver's price rise to those efforts and it was the subsequent fall in silver's price that played a prominent role in the sudden collapse of their financial empire.

However, the Hunt brothers left behind a most unusual legacy: a mining property located in Canada's Northwest Territories that was explored, developed and brought almost to completion-but one that has never operated.

The property is known as the Prairie Creek Mine and, following the financial demise of the Hunt brothers, the property was placed into receivership in 1982. Prairie Creek then sat dormant until 1992 when San Andreas Resources Corp.-later renamed Canadian Zinc Corporation-purchased the property and resumed development of the mine and surrounding properties.

During the period of San Andreas' subsequent development work, it was determined that zinc, not silver, was truly the mine's primary resource and subsequent studies determined that a profitable mine could be operated as long as zinc was priced at US$0.345 or higher. In fact, as of mid-February 2005, zinc's market price was on the order of US$0.60 per pound.

The most important use of zinc is in the production of galvanized zinc to prevent corrosion, particularly when it is used as a coating for iron-based metallic products. Zinc is also an ingredient in dry batteries and roof cladding. When used as zinc oxide, it is an important component of paints, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and printing inks, while zinc sulphide is used for luminous dials, x-ray and TV screens and florescent lights.

Prairie Creek's geographic situation has been the source of some considerable difficulties through the years for two important reasons.

In the first case, the Prairie Creek mine is located in the southern Mackenzie Mountains of the Northwest Territories, in the area to the north of the Nahanni National Park Reserve, and is positioned along Prairie Creek in the watershed of the South Nahanni River. Nahanni National Park Reserve and the South Nahanni River are highly valued as recreational wilderness areas and have been designated as a World Heritage site and a Canadian Heritage River respectively.

Next, the entire area near Prairie Creek is involved in aboriginal land rights issues and negotiations involving Canadian Zinc, nearby aboriginal people-represented primarily by the Nahanni Butte Dene Band of the Deh Cho First Nations-and various federal and NWT regulatory agencies have been ongoing for many years. While the federal government has successfully negotiated land claim settlements with all other aboriginal peoples in the Mackenzie Valley, the Deh Cho claims alone remain unresolved.

Because of the property's situation involving both a particularly beautiful wilderness area and also unresolved aboriginal land disputes, the permitting process for Canadian Zinc has been, as noted in the corporate Due Diligence package, particularly "cumbersome."

Historically, all permits necessary to open the mine had been obtained in the early 1980s under the simpler, more relaxed standards of that era.

However, the company notes that "In 1998, a totally new regulatory management scheme was introduced in this part of Canada." Since that time, in order to obtain all currently required permits, a host of aboriginal and regulatory agencies have become involved in the process, including:

. Nahanni Butte Dene Band of the Deh Cho First Nations

. Department of Fisheries and Oceans

. Department of Resources, Wildlife and Economic Development

. Environment and Conservation, Department of Indian and Northern

Affairs

. Environment Canada

. Parks Canada

. Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society, Northwest Territories Chapter

. South Mackenzie District Office

. Water Resources, INAC.

Not only is the sheer number of agencies and departments somewhat daunting, so also is the variety of rules, regulations and laws which must be understood and followed. A short list of these might include:

. Northern Inland and Waters Act

. Canadian Environmental Assessment Act

. Mackenzie Valley Resource Assessment Management Act of 1998

. Gwich'in and Sahtu Land Claim Settlement Agreements

. Mackenzie Valley Land Use Regulations . Northwest Territories Waters Act and Regulations . Federal Real Property Act . Territorial Lands Act.

Despite all obstacles, Canadian Zinc was successful in obtaining permits to perform development work on the property, and this past year expended approximately $1.7 million while drilling 27 holes involving approximately 6,000 meters of drilling during 2004. In addition, an underground development program is planned for Prairie Creek during 2005, which will encompass 8,000 to 10,000 metres of underground drilling targeting both vein and stratabound massive sulphide mineralization.

Whatever else may be said about the Hunt Brothers, one reality is that they planned and financed a first-class operation at Prairie Creek. Canadian Zinc estimates that to replace the mine infrastructure and equipment the Hunts provided would now cost in excess of $100,000,000.

The Hunts also left behind a virtually complete mill with many parts still in operating condition, including ore bins, apron feeders, jaw crusher, cone crusher, screen, dust collection system and conveyors. Canadian Zinc commissioned a complete scoping study, completed in early 2001, which determined that the mine, mill and supporting facilities could be put into operation for a capital expenditure of approximately $22,000,000 if the mine operated for eight months per year using a winter road, or close to double that figure if an all-weather access road was constructed from the mine site to the Liard Highway.

Canadian Zinc estimates that the mine has sufficient reserves to operate for a minimum of 18 years and could provide enormous economic benefits to the area. Initially, a sizable number of jobs would be created for renovation, construction and road-building in order to bring the mine into production.

Once operational, it is estimated that 230 full-time employees would be required with an annual payroll of over $14 million. Using a standard multiplier of 2:1, it is estimated than an additional 460 spin-off jobs would be created throughout the Northwest Territories and the rest of Canada.

In addition, it is estimated that payments to government for corporate, income, employee and royalty taxes would amount to about $15.4 million, and third party contracts for catering, air transport, incoming freight, outgoing concentrate, mill supplies and general consumables would amount to another $20 million per year. And, in accord with the Prairie Creek Development Cooperation Agreement negotiated and signed in 1996, the Nahanni Butte Dene Band would be provided with a 5% equity interest in profits after taxation.

• Offizieller Beitrag

CZN verwässert durch Ausgabe neuer Aktien für 5 Mio c$ / 0,55c$pro Aktie.
    Sh.Kitco-Latest Press Release Oct.28.

Also die tun sich schwer!

"Die Märkte haben nie unrecht, die Menschen oft." Jesse Livermore, 20.Jh.

"Die Demokratie ist das Paradies der Schreier und Schwätzer, Phraseure, Schmeichler und Schmarotzer, die jedem sachlichen Talent weit mehr den Weg verlegen, als dies in einer anderen Verfassungsform vorkommt." E.von Hartmann

Dieser Beitrag ist eine persönliche Meinung gem. Art.5 Abs.1 GG und Urteil des BVG 1 BvR 1384/16

• Offizieller Beitrag

oder versteht Jason Hommel denn irgend etwas von Bergbau?? sicher kann er mit dem Managment telefonieren, das scheint er ja oft zu tun, aber was erzählen die ihm? Sicher nicht, dass die regulatorischen Schwierigkeiten, die Mine in Produktion zu bringen, schier unüberwindlich scheinen!

Da scheint ja Arbeit für ein halbes Dutzend Anwälte für mehrere Jahre drin zu stecken, und ein 'Erfolg' der heissen (und teuren) Bemühungen ist ungewiss!

Die Mine hat ja noch nie produziert, also weiss man ausserdem nichts Genaues nicht über Gehalte an Basis- und Edelmetallen, über Recovery rates aus dem Erz, über Abbaukosten pro Volumen Gestein. Und wo ist das nächste Bahngeleise??

Scheint mir wie eine reine Option auf Anwälte und Politiker zu sein (nicht auf Silber ode Zink!!)

Wieso ich die nur gekauft habe, frage ich mich;( Ich muss wieder mal die Website anschauen!

Gruss,
    LF

• Offizieller Beitrag

Gesetze können auch wieder geändert werden. Die Staatsmacht könnte eines Tages sogar Canadian Zinc dazu ZWINGEN, zu produzieren, wenn es denn opportun wäre! Politiker sind Opportunisten. (So geschehen im Silver Valley in Idaho im letzten Jahrhundert).

Gruss,
    LF

• Offizieller Beitrag

Pressemitteilung 24.10.06

http://www.canadianzinc.com/press/docs/NR102406.pdf

Der neue Schrägschacht hat über 30 Meter mineralisiertes Material durchfahren, davon 6 Meter 'high-grade', somit der erste Beweis, dass dort noch viel zu holen ist.

Gruss,
    LF

• Offizieller Beitrag

PR vom 2.11.:
    Neue hochgradige Vorkommen in 5 km Entfernung von der Mine.

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/061102/0179679.html

Die Börse schätzt die Entwicklung:
    Knapp Kursverdoppelung in einem Monat.

Grüsse

• Offizieller Beitrag

Aber, wie öfter festgestellt, bei CZN braucht man einen langen Atem. :rolleyes:

BTW : Habe 2 CZN -Threads zusammengelegt.

Grüsse
    Edel Man

"Die Märkte haben nie unrecht, die Menschen oft." Jesse Livermore, 20.Jh.

"Die Demokratie ist das Paradies der Schreier und Schwätzer, Phraseure, Schmeichler und Schmarotzer, die jedem sachlichen Talent weit mehr den Weg verlegen, als dies in einer anderen Verfassungsform vorkommt." E.von Hartmann

Dieser Beitrag ist eine persönliche Meinung gem. Art.5 Abs.1 GG und Urteil des BVG 1 BvR 1384/16

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ist natürlich eindimensional gedacht. Interessant wird es erst dreidimensional. Als 'sleeper' schon einige Zeit im Depot, +/- Null. Die brauchten halt unendlich lange für ihre permits, eine Geschichte, die man Explorern gern vergisst, dass der Staat als 'Obereigentümer' von allem die Suppe immer versalzen oder vergiften kann (siehe Süd/Mittelamerika).

Gruss,
    Lucky

• CZN.TO macht wenig Freude. Läuft halt nicht viel zurzeit. Das letzte PP im November 2006 war zu 0.90. Jetzt ist der Kurs 0.70. Immerhin ein schöner Abschlag zu den Grossinvestoren von vor 3 Monaten.

Fundamental (Permits) geht halt wenig. Trotzdem denke ich, dass CZN.TO bei steigenden (Edel)-Metallpreisen nochmals zu einem Höhenflug ansetzen wird. Schliesslich haben die soviel Brauchbares im Boden, dass auch ohne Permits die Phantasie der Anlager angeregt wird.

Überlege mir, am Montag noch eine Schippe draufzusetzen.

Schriftgröße:  A A A A A