Allgemeine Sachlage bei Minenaktien

• Coeur ist eine der besten Minenaktien für (Swing-)Trades. Die haben einen riesigen Hebel drauf wegen der hohen AISC und der Schulden. In den ersten Jahren habe ich Coeur zu wenig getradet, inzwischen habe ich sie verstanden.

Sie gehört zu meinen Lieblingsaktien. Wenn der Silberpreis gegen 30/35 $ geht, machen wir hier 400 %. Wenn die Amis in Minen gehen, dann oft in die eigenen wie Hecla und Coeur. Das gibt einen zusätzlichen Kick. Grundsätzlich haben sie 4 solide Minen, halt einfach mit hohen Kosten in Nordamerika.

Coeur stand immer mal wieder nahe am Abgrund. Dieses Risiko muss man einkalkulieren. Sie brauchen bald höhere EM Preise.

• Momentan sind ja wieder bei Explorern vereinzelt diverse Intraday-Hüpfer zu beobachten, die wie Pilze aus dem Boden schießen - ist ja auch endlich die richtige Jahreszeit dafür (nach zwei Jahren Regenwetter)...

Hier ein längeres Interview - Goldfinger mit Bob Moriarty - vom 30.9.22, veröffentlicht 5.10.22:
    Bob Moriarty - We Just Witnessed A Major Capitulation In Gold Stocks
    http://energyandgold.com/2022/10/05/11801/

[...] Bob Moriarty: I don’t think we’re going to have a big tax loss season. And again, that’s just an opinion. But we had major capitulation in gold stocks this week. Some of the best gold stocks I’ve ever seen were down 25, 30, 40% in the last two weeks. So my opinion is there will not be a tax loss season this year. [...]

... Britisches Pfund ... Bond Markt ... Nord Stream ... Putin ... Ukraine ... Merkel ... Gandhi “An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind” ...

[...] Goldfinger: All right, so turning to junior mining. So if this really is a sentiment washout, an epic sentiment washout. It’s hard to compare it to markets of the past, but it’s got to be up there with October of 2008, late 2015. It’s got to be up there on the list. So if this is the real deal, what stocks are you buying here? What junior miners have your attention?
    Bob Moriarty: In March of 2020, I’m going to read it to you. The gold miners’ bullish percentage index got down to zero. Literally every single stock that it tracked went negative. It’s at 3.45% now. It is at least as low today as it was in December of 2015. And from January of 2016 until August of 2016, the indexes were up 300%. A lot of stocks were up 500 to a thousand percent. If you take the stock, and I can’t bring it to mind right now, but I went to see Quentin in Colorado and Wyoming in October of 2008 and his company had gone down to ¢15 a share. They had ¢22 a share in cash when I was there and they went up to $1.65 in 18 months. You’re going to see that across the board.
    You could buy the biggest piece of shit stock in the universe in the resource area, and it’s going to double or triple or quadruple. The really great stocks, and there are so many incredibly good stocks right now, are going to go up 500-1000%. I’ll give you an example of one, and let me make sure I pronounce the name right. There’s a stock called Kesslerun. The symbol is KES-V and it’s selling today for ¢3 a share. It’s got ¢3 a share in cash and they came out with the press release on the 22nd of September saying they had 11.6 meters, 14 grams per tonne. I mean there’s stock that should be a home run and it’s got a market cap of a $3 million and it’s got $3 million in cash. I don’t think you could lose money today. You could buy anything. It’s going to be a repeat of 2008 and 2016 and 2020. [...]

... Kesselrun Resources ... Eloro Resources ... Snowline Gold ... Banyan Gold ...

[...] Bob Moriarty: [...] Let’s jump for just a minute to the Fed. I think I commented and said that the Fed has painted itself into a corner. If the Fed reverses against the same thing that the UK did and goes from QT into QE, you’re going to see the price of gold and silver explode. And frankly, I think that’s what the Fed always does. When the stock market starts to crash, they start throwing money at it.
    Goldfinger: That’s certainly what markets have become accustomed to. Right now everybody’s betting that there’s going to be no Fed pivot this year. But obviously that’s dependent upon markets. And if the market does get much more out of control, then most likely we will see the Fed reenter the market with some form of yield curve control, something similar to the Bank of England, right?
    Bob Moriarty: Well, what happened in the UK, the pension funds collapsing is probably more important than the stock market collapsing. Okay. Nobody’s going to believe that until it happens. But what happened in the UK was an acknowledgement that the pension funds are totally underwater. The entire EU is so far behind the power curve in terms of interest rates that the bond market is confetti and every pension fund in Europe is invested in government bonds that have lost a third of their value so far. [...]

Und nochmal, weils so schön klingt:
    You could buy the biggest piece of shit stock in the universe in the resource area, and it’s going to double or triple or quadruple.
    :thumbup:

na schaumermal...

• US-Arbeitsmarktdaten um 14:30 Uhr
    • Prognose 250.000 (neu) geschaffene Arbeitsplätze

Schwache Arbeitsmarktdaten wären tendenziell gut für den Goldpreis, sollte sich der Arbeitsmarkt jedoch robust zeigen, dann könnte es mit dem Goldpreis wieder unter die 1700$/oz in Richtung 1680$/oz gehen. Die FED sähe sich in ihrer Politik bestärkt.

• Bin überrascht vom starken Abverkauf, sooo schlecht sind die Daten nicht, ,mal abwarten wie es weitergeht....August ja auch nach unten Prognostiziert und Studenlöhne niedriger als erwartet....

Bad news are good news und umgekehrt….ein schwacher Arbeitsmarkt war vom Markt gewünscht, weil schwache Daten den FED Zinserhöhungsmodus in Frage stellen würden/die FED zur Umkehr bewegen könnte.

Übrigens: Die Parole Alles gegen Deutschland! ist straffrei.

…und die Parole : ’ Deutschland verrecke’…auch.

• Ist schon klar, ich finde die Daten nur nicht sooo stark (hab mich gerade eben unglücklich ausgedrückt, ist ja allgemein bekannt das sich der Markt derzeit nur über schlechten Nachrichten freut) , zumindest im Verhältnis zu dem was der Markt meiner Meinung nach eingepreist hat. Mit deutlichen schwächeren Daten war absolut nicht zu rechnen...

• Schwache Arbeitsmarktdaten wären tendenziell gut für den Goldpreis, sollte sich der Arbeitsmarkt jedoch robust zeigen, dann könnte es mit dem Goldpreis wieder unter die 1700$/oz in Richtung 1680$/oz gehen. Die FED sähe sich in ihrer Politik bestärkt.

Aus diesem Anlaß mal ein Gedanke so in den Raum: Diese Hirnverdreherei, welche Zahlen sind gut, welche sind schlecht, egal was deren konkreter Inhalt auch bedeuten mag, als Betrachtung oder Kaffeesatzleserei: Was wird die FED machen (manchmal nervt das doch nur noch) - auch wenn es leider nicht ignorierbar ist... :boese:

Ich versuch mir das dann bildlich vorzustellen: Tausende Leute sitzen neben dem Computer und warten nur gebannt auf den Ticker, um entweder auf rot oder grün zu klicken. Die schlauere Garde platziert zeitgesteuerte maschinelle Orders (Gruß von den Algos), und die Kurse hüpfen wie ein Gummiball :wall: oh mann :D Hauptsache Aktionismus...

Um nochmal Doug Casey zu bemühen (oben #8095 und #8102), aus dem Interview "Das Ende der westlichen Zivilisation":
    https://www.goldseiten.de/arti…tlichen-Zivilisation.html

[...] International Man: Was sagt es über die Wirtschaft und die Gesellschaft aus, dass sich die Menschen so sehr bemühen, die Aussagen von Vertretern der Federal Reserve und anderer Zentralbanken zu interpretieren?
    Doug Casey: Es ist eine beschämende Zeitverschwendung. Sie erinnern mich an Primitive, die den Rat von Medizinmännern einholen. Vor hundert Jahren haben die reichsten Leute des Landes - die Rockefellers, die Carnegies und so weiter - ihr Geld mit der Schaffung von Industrien verdient, die tatsächlich etwas produzierten. Heute schieben die reichsten Leute des Landes das Geld nur noch hin und her.
    Sie werden reich, weil sie der Regierung und dem Währungshydranten nahe stehen, der von der Federal Reserve geschaffen wurde. Ich würde sagen, das ist ein Zeichen dafür, dass die Gesellschaft in den USA ziemlich degeneriert ist. Die Welt dreht sich viel weniger um die tatsächliche Produktion, sondern darum, die Richtung der Finanzmärkte zu erraten. Negative Zinssätze schaffen Blasen und werden schließlich zu einem wirtschaftlichen Zusammenbruch führen. [...]

Die FED - Dein Rat der weißen Medizinmänner - Das Orakel von New Delphi... :hae:
    Steht FED nicht für "Foll bEscheuerte Doofköppe"? :rolleyes:

Da sind wir mit unseren oberbescheuerten Minen (wer will die denn schon haben) wenigstens im Reich der realen Produktion (ok, mal abgesehen von den Löchern mit den Lügnern daneben)... ...wo große Jungs mit schweren Baggern im Dreck spielen dürfen 8o

• 2 Anmerkungen:

Im Grunde war eine Korrektur fast vorauszusehen, nach den starken Kursgewinnen in den letzen Tagen und da spielen meiner Meinung nach die veröffentlichten Daten eine eher untergeordnete Rolle, wenn diese nicht gerade extrem von den Schätzungen abweichen. Also keine "Schockdaten" heute, was somit lediglich die überfällige Korrektur ausgelöst hat. An solchen Tagen stocke ich mein Depot auf. Barrick für unter 16 Euro fand ich z.B. nicht schlecht.

Interessant finde ich übrigens wie gestern sich Käufer auf Newmont und Barrick gestürzt haben, als gäbe es kein Morgen mehr - UNFASSBAR! Aber heute gab's die Quittung für diesen Übermut.

• Ich sag mal so:
    Es gibt sogar noch einen dreckigere Art

Elon Musk lässt nen Pfurz auf Twitter, das die Kurse bei Tesla oder Twitter oder oder oder absacken um dann 10 Minuten wieder nen Tweet abschickt und sich für den Pfurz entschuldigt.
    Was machen die Kurse: sie gehen up in the sky
    :boese:

• Sorry das ich mich freue, da ich unter 40 da rein will und mussAber die starke Seitwärtsbewegung in diesem Bereich signalisiert mir eigentlich, das der Vulkan brodelt :rolleyes:

Und wenn das nicht passiert, was dann? Sagst Du dann "pech gehabt" bin dann halt bei Newmont nicht dabei?

Das schöne bei Newmont ist doch (weil Marktführer), dass selbst bei einem Kurs von 44 Euro, die Wahrscheinlichkeit bezüglich Minenaktien mit am größten ist, dass höhere Kurse erzielt werden. Und selbst wenn es nochmal 10% abwärts geht, im Vergleich zum darauf folgenden Anstieg ist das nicht so gravierend, als nicht dabei zu sein. So sehe ich das zumindest.

• Und wenn das nicht passiert, was dann? Sagst Du dann "pech gehabt" bin dann halt bei Newmont nicht dabei?
    Das schöne bei Newmont ist doch (weil Marktführer), dass selbst bei einem Kurs von 44 Euro, die Wahrscheinlichkeit bezüglich Minenaktien mit am größten ist, dass höhere Kurse erzielt werden. Und selbst wenn es nochmal 10% abwärts geht, im Vergleich zum darauf folgenden Anstieg ist das nicht so gravierend, als nicht dabei zu sein. So sehe ich das zumindest.

Sorry aber gerade im Minen Bereich habe ich so oft Pferde kotzen sehen
    Wie oft hörte ich solche Sätze oder Jahrhundertchance und und und.

Ich habe meine Strategie, da habe ich ein festgesetztes Limit beim Kauf oder Verkauf.
    Wenn es nicht klappt mit einem ausgewählten Titel, dann eben nicht.
    Es gehen Chancen und es kommen neue Chancen.

Wer mit dem Neuen Markt aufgewachsen ist und Leute am Strick baumeln gesehen hat, der weiß von was ich rede

• Das ist ein Argument, was ich nachvollziehen kann. Somit macht jeder das womit er sich am wohlsten fühlt und das ist auch der richtige Weg.

• Ich habe meine Strategie, da habe ich ein festgesetztes Limit beim Kauf oder Verkauf.

Wenn es nicht klappt mit einem ausgewählten Titel, dann eben nicht.
    Es gehen Chancen und es kommen neue Chancen.

So sehe ich das mittlerweile auch.
    Trotz teils absurd niedriger Limits kann man gerade bei Minenaktien so manches Schnäppchen bekommen, was man niemals gedacht hätte. Man muss nur geduldig sein und bei manchen Aktien geht man eben leer aus. Es bleiben aber genug übrig, von daher ist mir das egal.

• Rückblick KW 40

Zum Wochenbeginn stieg der Goldpreis bis auf ~1725$/oz, kam dann leicht zurück und fiel mit den stärker als erwartet ausgefallenen US-Jobdaten unter die 1700$-Marke. Unterm Strich konnte der Goldpreis im Vergleich zur Vorwoche aber noch um 29$/oz zulegen.

• Gold stieg im Vergleich zur Vorwoche um 1,7% von 1665$/oz auf 1697$/oz
    • Silber stieg im Vergleich zur Vorwoche um 6,5% von 19,00$/oz auf 20,24$/oz
    • GSR fiel von 87,6 auf 83,7
    • 34 Gewinner / 4 unverändert / 13 Verlierer
    • durchschnittliche Wochenperformance aller 51 Unternehmen: +4,2%
    • kein Miner markierte in der 40.KW ein neues 52 WH
    • kein Miner mit einem neuen 52 WT

Top 5 in der abgelaufenen KW

1. Tietto 0,58A$ (+33,3%)
    2. Capricorn 3,67A$ (+22,3%)
    3. Harmony 2,84$ (+16,9%)
    4. Mandalay 2,00C$ (+14,3%)
    5. Fortuna Silver 2,83$ (+12,3%)

• das Tietto mit 0,435A$ attraktiv bewertet war, darauf habe ich im letzten Wochenrückblick (KW39) bereits hingewiesen
    • Capricorn ist von 2,50A$ am 16. September um über 48% gestiegen bis auf 3,72A$
    • Harmony ist von 1,94$ am 23. September um über 52% bis auf 2,95$ im Intraday-Hoch gestiegen
    • auf "Chancen" bei Mandalay (1,64C$) hatte ich im Wochenrückblick der 37. KW hingedeutet
    • Fortuna Silver ist von 2,05$ am 26. September über 49% auf 3,07$ am 6. Oktober gestiegen
    • die Kurse der Minengesellschaften täglich im Blick zu haben lohnt sich, da man so schnell auf Investment- bzw. Tradingchancen aufmerksam wird
    • jüngstes Beispiel: West African Resources (Putsch in Burkina Faso) fiel am Montag um 10% auf 0,94A$ und notierte zum Wochenschluss schon wieder bei 1,075A$, sind 14% in einer Woche, und das bei einem Produzenten mit einer Top-Gewinnmarge, niedriges KGV, positiver Free Cash Flow etc.

Flop 5 der abgelaufenen KW

1. Victoria Gold 7,45C$ (-9,0%)
    2. Oceanagold 2,12C$ (-5,8%)
    3. Ten Sixty Four 0,605A$ (-5,5%)
    4. Wesdome 8,95C$ (-4,2%)
    5. Equinox 3,52$ (-3,6%)

• Victoria musste die Produktions- und Kostenprognose für FY22 kassieren, nachdem ein Förderband ausgefallen ist und die Verarbeitung für voraussichtlich 2-3 Wochen unterbrochen sein wird
    • Ten Sixty Four (ehem. Medusa) wurde in dieser Woche ex-Dividende gehandelt

Wie es mit dem Goldpreis weiter geht, wird wohl von den kommenden US-Inflationsdaten (am 13.10) abhängen. Sollten die Daten über den Erwartungen liegen, wäre das tendeziell negativ für den Goldpreis. Sollten die Inflation (unter den Erwartungen) liegen, könnte das die kurzfristige Entwicklung des Goldpreises positiv beeinflußen.
    https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/cpi.pdf

• https://dondurrett.substack.com/p/gsd-october-newsletter

Auszüge daraus

Stocks in the News
    Beaver Creek Gold & Silver Mining Conference
    I met with about 50 gold & silver mining companies doing one-on-one interviews as a guest of Lawrence Lepard. I learned quite a bit, but mostly that my analysis was mostly accurate. I did become more bullish on some stocks and less bullish on others, but overall, I came away convinced that I know how to analyze PM mining stocks.

Here are some of my takeaways:

K92: Their project is a monster that just keeps growing in size. And their low costs make it attractive. The CEO is excellent.

Westgold: It looks really solid. I was impressed by their team, strategy, and projects.

Osisko Mining: Not great upside, but a great mgt team. I expect them to be a growth story.

Americas G&S: The upside looks big. Mgt has not executed well, but they have the properties to be a rocket ship at higher gold/silver prices.

Chesapeake: They have figured out their heap leach sulfphide method. But it is going to take a long, long time for them to ramp up production. It's an excellent optionality play for the long term.

Lion One: They are finding high-grade gold at depth. I think this could be a large mine. They announced a 400 gram meter hole this week. I expect more of these.

Montage: They have 5 million oz, and this total is going to grow substantially. It's cheap, and a good optionality play.

Revival: They have a 4 million oz project in Idaho. Looks like construction in 2024. I like the CEO and expect him to build this mine.

Sabina: Another CEO that I like. They have 9 million oz at 6 gpt, plus they will find more. They will begin production in Q1 2025 at 450K oz a year.

Aya Gold & Silver: Mid-tier producer in Morocco. Expanding production at Zgounder to 8 million oz AGEQ in 2024, then to 10 million oz AGEQ in 2025. Plus, they have a new discovery (Boumadine) that could be as large as Zgounder.

Discovery Silver: Large silver development project (Cordero) in Mexico with 1 billion oz AGEQ. A production target of 30M oz AGEQ for the first 10 years. This is likely to increase before reaching year 10. PFS due in 2022. Feasibility due in 2023. Construction in 2024. Production in 2026.

Guanajuato Silver: Recently acquired 3 producing properties from Great Panther in Guanajuato near their producing El Cubo mine. Ramping up production to 6 million oz AGEQ in 2023.

Westgold Resources: Australian mid-tier producer. They look cheap. Currently a 4 FCF multiple. 265K producer at $1500 break-even. Costs should drop in 2023. Production will trend up to 300K. $150 million in cash and no debt.

Erdene Resource Development: Mongolia development project. $100 capex to produce 100K oz a year. Should get financing soon to begin production in mid-2023. $1350 break-even costs. Targeting 2M oz resource in the near term. A lot of drill targets.

Ascot Resources: British Columbia development project. Trying to borrow $100 to $125M USD, + $15M Equity to finance the Capex. 150K year production. Growing to 170K year production. $1300 break-even costs. They are confident they can finance the Capex. If so, then construction in 2023.

Cassiar Gold: Large property (150,000 acres) with a lot of drill targets in Northern British Columbia. Their Taurus deposit is 1.4 million oz (1.1 g/t) and likely to double in size. Plus, they have high grade discoveries. It’s a pretty juicy drill story/development story.

Silver Tiger Metals: I was surprised by the potential of this stock. This one is going to be a large high-grade silver mine in Mexico. They have discovered an unusual formation of shale that seems to be loaded with high-grade silver. Many of the intercepts are over 1,000 gpt AGEQ.

Adriatic Metals: Their Rupice project in Bosnia looks really solid. It’s under construction, with production scheduled for Q2 2023. Production will be 15 million oz of AGEQ, with break-even costs of around $13 per oz. They have a 20-mile trend to explore to extend the mine life.

Equinox Gold: They have six producing mines (all in the Americas), and four of them have significant exploration potential. They are producing 650,000 oz and that will expand to 1 million oz in the next few years. It’s not usual to find a growth story like this one so undervalued. They are a mid-tier today, but they are destined to be worth $5 to $10 billion at higher gold prices.

I-80 Gold: They are a twin of Equinox Gold (although smaller) with about six very solid properties, all of which are in Nevada. They will expand production to 500,000 oz in the next few years. I Iiked their properties even more than Equinox, although it’s impossible to know which company will have better exploration success. So, own both. It’s crazy that these two quality gold producers are so cheap.

GoGold Resources: You should be aware of this story. They have been releasing a plethora of good drill results at Los Ricos in Mexico. The Los Ricos South PEA calls for 8 million oz of annual AGEQ production. The PFS, which is coming out soon and will be higher, at around 10 million. Phase two will be Los Ricos North, which is twice as big, and will produce around 20 million oz of AGEQ. Combined, that is 30 million oz of annual AGEQ production. Phase one production will be in Q1 2025.

US Gold: They are building the CK project in Wyoming. Many will pass on this project because the capex is high at $250 million, and it won’t be permitted until 18 months at the earliest. But this is a low cost gold mine, with break-even costs of around $1000. It has sold off and is cheap. They have a very good team and I’m confident it will get financed and built. Plus, they won’t sell early. They want a big return. Plus, they have an excellent second project (Keystone) in Nevada that we get for free. It’s 20 square miles and has only had 35 drill holes. They plan to drill it after CK is in production.

Treasury Metals: This is another one many will pass on, but if you don’t mind speculating, it looks juicy. Yes, they have had trouble advancing the project, but the CEO has assembled, and very good team and I think it is headed to production. The Goldlund/Goliath project has 3 million oz in an excellent location in Ontario, Canada. The capex is high at $275M, and permits are not expected until 2024, so those are the red flags. But they expect their resource to at least double and to likely triple. That seems optimistic, but if they double them to 6 million oz, this could fly. They have lots of drill targets on 75,000 acres. Note that a PFS is due in 2023.

Eloro Resources: This is really a potential tin mine in Bolivia, but it also has 25% revenue from silver. If silver triples in value, then the silver portion could rise to perhaps 40% or higher in revenue portion. Amazingly, they think the Santa Barbara deposit is 1400 x 500 x 600 and fully mineralized at 4 opt AGEQ. That would be 3 billion oz of AGEQ. I don’t think it is that big because that is huge. Plus, it is open in all directions. They won’t release a maiden resource until Q4 2024, so we will have a long wait to find out the size of Santa Barbara. But if it is 25% of that size, it’s still huge.

Cabral Gold: They have an excellent project in Brazil. They want to build it in two phases. Phase one will mine the oxides using a heap leach using a low $16M Capex. They will begin production at around 25K ounces in 2024 and ramp up to perhaps double that. They have 300,000 oz of oxides and expect that to double in size. This will allow them to generate FCF and build the larger hard rock mill for the sulphides. Phase two will mine 100K to 150K per year. They have excellent exploration potential, and I expect them to mine 150K per year. But that won’t happen until around 2027.

Bear Creek Mining: Most will ignore this stock because their large Corani silver project in Peru has not been financed. However, they have fixed the Mercedes mine in Mexico that they recently acquired. In Q4, they will have ramped up production to 70K oz with around $1200 to $1300 break-even costs. They will generate around $25M in FCF in 2023. This will put them on the road to eventually being able to finance Corani. In fact, I think once silver gets above $30, they will get the loan for Corani.

Troilus Gold: They are building a large 9 million oz (.8 gpt) project in Quebec. They want to build a 35K tp/d mine that produces 240K oz for 27 years. The break-even cost per oz will be around $1200. Permitting is due in 2024. A PFS is coming out soon. A feasibility is planned for 2023. The bad news is the capex is $680M. Can they finance that big amount? I think they can. Also, their property size is 350,000 acres, with exploration potential. I like this one as an optionality play.

Schriftgröße:  A A A A A